Kratos could be available on PC in no time with this tool (Tutorial)

Mr Skull Oficial
Grand Master

Kratos could be available on PC in no time with this tool (Tutorial)

Post by Mr Skull Oficial »

(Scroll down a bit to find the post in English)

Hola a todos!,como estan?,les queria comentar algo muy curioso,que descubrí hace apenas dos dias,estaba una de las secciones de esta pagina donde se hablaba de que kratos sería casi imposible de agregar a mk9 de pc,o que tardaría muchos años en convertirse al formato de chars de pc (little endian),eso me desanimó mucho,ya que kratos es un personaje muy interesante y la verdad me gustaría mucho verlo formar parte de los personajes seleccionables de mk9 en pc,así que empecé una busqueda enorme para convertir el formato de chars de ps3 (big endian) al de chars de pc (little endian),desalentado,despues de encontrar páginas que prometían convertir big endian en little endian,cosa que no funcionó,finalmente encontré una herramienta muy util,que se usa en la programacion para facilitar convertir código #C,la herramienta se llama "Byte Converter" y si,convierte una cantidad bastante grande de código en segundos,y lo mejor,es que los tipos de "códigos" que convierte son nada mas ni nada menos que "big endian" y "little endian",esta herramienta permite convertir lineas y lineas de codigo con formato big endian de ps3 en formato little endian de pc en pocos segundos,solo con copiar,pegar,y tocar el boton de convertir,esta herramienta facilita mucho el trabajo de conversion de los formatos de chars de ps3 a pc,lo que significa que reduciría el trabajo de años de conversion de kratos a pc,a solo meses,no puedo confirmarles que la herramienta una vez que convierta el codigo completo del char,lo va a dejar totalmente funcional para usarse en pc,pero es un avance,mas abajo les dejo la herramienta para que se la puedan descargar,ademas de instrucciones de uso (muy faciles) y tambien una imagen de cuantos carácteres/párrafos de código puede convertir por vez,sin mucho mas que decir,espero que lo disfruten,tomó tiempo encontrar esta herramienta,pero espero que les sirva para experimentar con chars de ps3,saludos y mucha suerte!

NOTA: Actualmente ya estoy trabajando en la conversion del char de kratos de ps3,esto podría tomar algunos meses,por el tamaño del código,pero sé que con el tiempo voy a lograrlo,estoy trabajando todos los días,convirtiendo de a poco el código hexadecimal,espero que con este "trabajo",en un futuro,tanto yo,como ustedes,podamos usar a kratos en pc

Requisitos previos para usar el programa mas cómodamente:

1.Tener HXD (Editor Hexadecimal) instalado o al menos descargado
(Tiene que estar como programa predeterminado para abrir archivos CHAR.xxx)

(Si no tienen el programa se los dejo mas abajo)

Pasos para usar el programa:

1.Abren el programa,Una vez abierto,lo ponen en formato 16 bit

Paso 1.jpg

2.Abren su archivo char de ps3 con HXD,copian una parte del código,y la pegan en la ventana de la derecha que dice "Big Endian"

Paso 2.jpg
Paso 3.jpg
Paso 5.jpg
Paso 6.jpg

3.Una vez hecho el anterior paso,tocan el boton que dice "Convert to little endian"

Paso 7.jpg
Paso 8.jpg

4.Ahora hacen click derecho en el código convertido de la ventana de la derecha que dice "Little Endian" en la parte de arriba,tocan
"seleccionar todo",ahora lo copian y lo pegan sobre el código del char que copiaron anteriormente en HXD.

Paso 9.jpg
Paso 10.jpg

5.Como ultimo paso guardan los cambios en HXD.

Paso 11.jpg

y Listo,eso sería todo lo que tendrían que hacer,gracias por ver mi post,espero sus comentarios!

Programas vistos en este post:

HXD.rar
(1.94 MiB) Downloaded 268 times
Byte Converter.rar
(25.97 KiB) Downloaded 242 times

Nota final: Aquí abajo les dejo un pack archivos de
kratos,que trae texturas limpias en formato dds y 2d,mallas esqueleticas
tabla de nombres,tabla de exportacion,lista de exportacion,archivos char
adicionales de kratos (traje alternativo,fatalities,ladder,charintro)
y muchas cosas mas,sin mas que decirles,disfruten experimentando.

Saludos!

Archivos Kratos: https://www.mediafire.com/file/u78c3ec7 ... 9.rar/file
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post In English (Sorry if there is any writing error,My language is spanish,And i use google translate):

Hello everyone!, how are they?,I wanted to discuss something very curious,that I discovered just two days,was one of the sections on this page where it was mentioned that kratos would be almost impossible to add to mk9 pc,or that it would take many years to become the format of chars pc (little endian),it discouraged me a lot,because kratos is a very interesting character and I really would like very much to see you be a part of the characters selectable from mk9 on pc,so I started a search huge to convert the format of chars ps3 (big endian) to the chars of pc (little endian),discouraged,after you find pages that promised to convert big endian to little endian,thing that did not work,I finally found a useful tool,which is used in the programming to facilitate convert code #C,the tool is called "Byte Converter" and if,becomes a fairly large amount of code in seconds,and best of all,is that the types of "codes" that converts are nothing more nor nothing less than "big-endian" and "little-endian",this tool allows you to convert lines and lines of code with format big endian ps3 format little endian pc in a few seconds, just by copying, pasting, and touching the convert button, this tool makes the conversion of ps3 chars formats to pc much easier, which means that it would reduce the work of years of conversion from kratos to pc, to just months, I cannot confirm that the tool once it converts the complete char code, it will leave it fully functional to be used on pc, but it is an advance, below I leave the tool so that you can download it, in addition to instructions for use (very easy) and also an image of how many characters/paragraphs of code can convert for once, without much more to say, I hope you enjoy it, it took time to find this tool, but I hope it helps you to experiment with ps3 chars, greetings and best of luck!

NOTE: I'm Now working on the conversion of a char de kratos ps3,this could take a few months,by the size of the code,but I know that with time I will do it,I'm working all the day,becoming, little by little, the hex code,I hope that with this "job",in the future,I,like you,can use to kratos in pc

Prerequisites to use the program more comfortably:

1. Have HXD (Hex Editor) installed or at least downloaded
(It has to be as default program to open CHAR files.xxx)

(If you don't have the program I'll leave them below)

Steps to use the program:

1. They open the program, Once opened, they put it in 16 bit format

Paso 1.jpg

2. They open their ps3 char file with HXD, copy a part of the code, and paste it into the window on the right that says "Big Endian"

Paso 2.jpg
Paso 3.jpg
Paso 5.jpg
Paso 6.jpg

3.Once the previous step is done, touch the button that says "Convert to little endian"

Paso 7.jpg
Paso 8.jpg

4. Now right click on the converted code in the window on the right that says "Little Endian" at the top, touch
"select all", now they copy and paste it over the char code they copied earlier in HXD.

Paso 9.jpg
Paso 10.jpg

5. As the last step save the changes in HXD.

Paso 11.jpg

and voila, that would be all you would have to do, greetings, thanks for seeing my post, I look forward to your comments!

Programs seen in this post:

HXD.rar
(1.94 MiB) Downloaded 268 times
Byte Converter.rar
(25.97 KiB) Downloaded 242 times

Final note: Here below I leave a pack files of
kratos, which brings clean textures in dds and 2d format, skeletal meshes
name table,export table,export list, char files
additional kratos (alternate costume, fatalities, ladder, charintro)
and many more things, without more to tell you, enjoy experimenting.

Greetings!

Kratos Archives: https://www.mediafire.com/file/q2crwm1e ... 9.rar/file

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Re: Kratos could be available on PC in no time with this tool (Tutorial)

Post by Gambid »

This would be a great achievement.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
MFS
Warrior

Post by MFS »

I guess there will be some problems, for example there isn't only little-endian code in the .XXX archives, there is also plain text, and if you change ALL the bytes it would be gibberish at the end. Even in your screenshot, you converted word "None" to "oNen" and I think it's not good. It should be left as "none" no matter what the format is. And there are many other words ("FX_Blood", "Materials" etc.) which are pointers I guess.

Thank you for the program anyway, I'd like to do some opposite things (transform some PC mods to the PS3 version), so maybe this tool will help me :D
Telegram: @mfskhaos
Mr Skull Oficial
Grand Master

Gambid wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:33 pm This would be a great achievement.
(sorry if there is any typing error,I speak Spanish,and I use google translate)

Hi @Gambid,First of all,thank you for taking the time to answer my post,really,is an achievement, and an advance large enough for the community,but the bad thing is that I can not ensure that this tool operates and manages to operate to kratos on pc,but we have to have hope,I am currently working on the conversion of kratos for the pc,and I'm already going to be quite advanced,when it is done I will let you know to all of you with a posting,uploading the char is converted,once again, thank you for taking the time to view and comment on my post,greetings!
Last edited by Mr Skull Oficial on Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
(Sorry if there is any writing error,My language is spanish,And i use google translate)

Do you like my mods and want to help me in some way?,Do it through my paypal account below (It is not mandatory, but it would help me a lot):https://paypal.me/mrskullofficial2022?c ... le.x=es_XC

Visit my YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9WI6e ... VMNhoriXdQ
Mr Skull Oficial
Grand Master

MFS wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:48 pm I guess there will be some problems, for example there isn't only little-endian code in the .XXX archives, there is also plain text, and if you change ALL the bytes it would be gibberish at the end. Even in your screenshot, you converted word "None" to "oNen" and I think it's not good. It should be left as "none" no matter what the format is. And there are many other words ("FX_Blood", "Materials" etc.) which are pointers I guess.

Thank you for the program anyway, I'd like to do some opposite things (transform some PC mods to the PS3 version), so maybe this tool will help me :D
(sorry if there is any typing error,I speak Spanish,and I use google translate)

Hi @MFS, That's true, it may be that some texts seem to be "badly converted", as you tell gambid, I'm not sure that the tool converts correctly to kratos for pc, it could have errors, but on the other hand, watching and converting little by little the code
i realized that the plain text doesn't really matter that much, but the hex code more than anything, I'm not saying that what you're saying is wrong,i say that the texts that are shown next to the hex code, are there to name in which part of the hex code they are by
for example, the textures, or the name of the char, such as CHAR_Kratos or another char that we are editing, I also do not rule out your idea
that the tool may not be converting kratos to little endian format well, but it's going to be a matter of testing it, currently
i'm converting the char from kratos to little endian little by little, dedicating several hours a day to it, so when I've finished it I'm going to
let know with a post, without much more to say, thank you very much for watching and commenting on my post, and you're welcome, I'll find the program later,after some long time of searching, I hope it will be useful to you, and I look forward to your modifications that you plan to do with this tool, greetings and best of luck!
(Sorry if there is any writing error,My language is spanish,And i use google translate)

Do you like my mods and want to help me in some way?,Do it through my paypal account below (It is not mandatory, but it would help me a lot):https://paypal.me/mrskullofficial2022?c ... le.x=es_XC

Rex0
Mortal

Post by Rex0 »

Any progress on this front?
Mr Skull Oficial
Grand Master

Rex0 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:05 pm Any progress on this front?
Not yet, I tried to convert it by copying and pasting a code, converting it, and pasting it again and it didn't work, although I didn't try to convert it in parts, because it would take weeks or months, although I will try it at some point, but although there were failures I managed to discover something very curious, I made one of his Ps3 files work on PC, precisely one of his fatalitys, although at the time of making it the animation froze and only sounds were heard, it worked without crashing the game, and that's the point, that there was a breakthrough, that crash the game.

LilBigJP
Mortal
PSN: LilBigJP

Post by LilBigJP »

New time MK player here. This would be phenomenal. The quicker we get started the better.
WodsonKun
Mortal
XBox Live: CaptainCheep

Post by WodsonKun »

Mr Skull Oficial wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:48 pm (Scroll down a bit to find the post in English)

Hola a todos!,como estan?,les queria comentar algo muy curioso,que descubrí hace apenas dos dias,estaba una de las secciones de esta pagina donde se hablaba de que kratos sería casi imposible de agregar a mk9 de pc,o que tardaría muchos años en convertirse al formato de chars de pc (little endian),eso me desanimó mucho,ya que kratos es un personaje muy interesante y la verdad me gustaría mucho verlo formar parte de los personajes seleccionables de mk9 en pc,así que empecé una busqueda enorme para convertir el formato de chars de ps3 (big endian) al de chars de pc (little endian),desalentado,despues de encontrar páginas que prometían convertir big endian en little endian,cosa que no funcionó,finalmente encontré una herramienta muy util,que se usa en la programacion para facilitar convertir código #C,la herramienta se llama "Byte Converter" y si,convierte una cantidad bastante grande de código en segundos,y lo mejor,es que los tipos de "códigos" que convierte son nada mas ni nada menos que "big endian" y "little endian",esta herramienta permite convertir lineas y lineas de codigo con formato big endian de ps3 en formato little endian de pc en pocos segundos,solo con copiar,pegar,y tocar el boton de convertir,esta herramienta facilita mucho el trabajo de conversion de los formatos de chars de ps3 a pc,lo que significa que reduciría el trabajo de años de conversion de kratos a pc,a solo meses,no puedo confirmarles que la herramienta una vez que convierta el codigo completo del char,lo va a dejar totalmente funcional para usarse en pc,pero es un avance,mas abajo les dejo la herramienta para que se la puedan descargar,ademas de instrucciones de uso (muy faciles) y tambien una imagen de cuantos carácteres/párrafos de código puede convertir por vez,sin mucho mas que decir,espero que lo disfruten,tomó tiempo encontrar esta herramienta,pero espero que les sirva para experimentar con chars de ps3,saludos y mucha suerte!
Hi!
So, I was looking onto this for a while... I think we don't have only to swap the file endianess
I think that files are different between platforms, you can see this by how they end differently (PC has a bunch of data on the footer, while PS3 has empty bytes)

In any case, I made this small script in Python which swaps the endianess of every 4 bytes (basic stuff)
Feel free to try it
Captura de tela 2023-09-28 175910.png
Attachments
mkinvert.zip
(524 Bytes) Downloaded 74 times
WodsonKun
Mortal

Post by WodsonKun »

Also, there's another catch...
There are plain text inside of the file, right? References to FX, CHAR and other stuff...
Captura de tela 2023-09-28 180245.png
Well, there are four bytes behind every text (those highlighted on the ss, unmodified file), and those are the "text length" (how many characters the incoming text has)
Those can be f***** up when swapping the endianess

In order to at least trying to do it properly, we would need someone who knows how the game works in order to swap only the needed bytes
And leave the others as Big Endian, because they probably are Big Endian indeed
zepterrian
Grand Master

Post by zepterrian »

WodsonKun wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:06 pm Also, there's another catch...
There are plain text inside of the file, right? References to FX, CHAR and other stuff...

Captura de tela 2023-09-28 180245.png

Well, there are four bytes behind every text (those highlighted on the ss, unmodified file), and those are the "text length" (how many characters the incoming text has)
Those can be f***** up when swapping the endianess

In order to at least trying to do it properly, we would need someone who knows how the game works in order to swap only the needed bytes
And leave the others as Big Endian, because they probably are Big Endian indeed
It is not just a byte ordering issue.
viewtopic.php?p=149386&hilit=kratos#p149386
For the raptor race...
WodsonKun
Mortal

Post by WodsonKun »

zepterrian wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:16 pm It is not just a byte ordering issue.
Well... Isn't it possible to instead of converting directly those .xxx files, convert the files inside of it and create a PC-compatible .xxx?
(I'm really new to those MK modding stuff)
zepterrian
Grand Master

Post by zepterrian »

WodsonKun wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:03 am
zepterrian wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:16 pm It is not just a byte ordering issue.
Well... Isn't it possible to instead of converting directly those .xxx files, convert the files inside of it and create a PC-compatible .xxx?
you were doing that this whole time.
For the raptor race...
WodsonKun
Mortal

Post by WodsonKun »

zepterrian wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:30 am
WodsonKun wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:03 am
you were doing that this whole time.
I thought .xxx files were like containers (kinda like .zip or .ipk on UbiArt Framework), not like the ACTUAL files...
ahtam
Apprentice
Side: Darkness

Post by ahtam »

You cant to do that, cuz after decompression file, you have compressed chunks of bytes in some files like animation or something, and if you change big endian to little endian your xxx will doesnt work

Return to “Mortal Kombat 9 PC Modding Tutorials and Discussions”