Change/remove the damage

MFS
Warrior

Change/remove the damage

Post by MFS »

Hi everyone, I’d like to know how is it possible to change the damage of the models, especially to get rid of some damage parts such as popping out eyeballs (which I personally don’t like). I know how to change the textures, but the 3D parts are also involved in this process. Where in the XXX archives are these damage files located? I know it’s possible to change the damage because there are mods like this one - https://www.undertow.club/threads/morta ... ion.14883/

As we see, the author changed/removed some damage parts (and some other 3D elements). But the question is - how?)
Any help will be appreciated!

Telegram: @mfskhaos
MFS
Warrior

Re: Change/remove the damage

Post by MFS »

Similar question - how can I make models/parts invisible? As I understand you must make something with the textures (draw them to specific color etc.). Does anyone know? Thanks to all in advance.
Telegram: @mfskhaos
Victorliki
Mortal

Re: Change/remove the damage

Post by Victorliki »

To modify the 3d model, you have to do several steps beforehand so that you can import the 3d model into Blender or another editor, something that I personally haven't been able to do yet. In the example you give, it can be seen that whoever did it not only modified the textures, but also made changes to the 3d model, for example: it is not enough to make the texture transparent to remove Sonya's glasses, if it were done that way, the glasses would continue to react to the environment, generating shadows and reflections, also with Jade's skin and her mask, there is more work than it seems.
I can't unzip the files to see how she did it unfortunately. If you know something answer me greetings

Return to “Mortal Kombat 9 PC Modding Tutorials and Discussions”