MKA Premium save data for PCSX2

Skankenham
Mortal

MKA Premium save data for PCSX2

Post by Skankenham »

Nevermind much of what I previously said here. Got it working. So far I stick by my theory that regular and premium edition of PS2 MK Armageddon won't read each other's save data.

I found a functional data converter in files.rar here:
https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-GameFAQ ... mory-Cards

I tried inserting different save games from gamefaqs into my memory card file and one of the .max ones with profile code XXXXXX worked for Premium Edition. It has everything from the Konquest and the Krypt enabled and max money on one profile. I'm in the process of buying everything in KAF mode with that profile so it's available free to other profiles I create. Taking a while but it's far better that starting from scratch. Obviously someone maxed the money using code breaker type codes. Elder Gods appearance parts are enabled. I've seen a KAF video where someone had everything except them enabled. Once I finish buying everything and upload that save data, I'll want to get that freeplay mode mod working.

Skankenham
Mortal

Re: Update

Post by Skankenham »

Everything bought.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/au70v0vem ... 1.zip/file

Profile codes are XXXXXX and OOOOOO for just the two made so far.

Make another copy for memory card slot 2 and make up 16 profiles total, each with a custom fighter for the game loading both saves. Everything will be freely available in all profiles.

See txt file for details.

Other data:
MKDA (untested)
MKD (untested)
MK Shaolin Monks
Galactic Wrestling - everything unlocked by me
Jaws Unleashed - my data, just up to where you can freely roam the world

I've discovered considerable differences in KAF mode between PS2 and Wii.
See another included txt file for details.
In making PS2 versions of my charpacks I can improve the wrestlers, La Berzerka, Buffalo Bonita, Animal, and Verena, by changing one of their normal moves to the Toe Jam throw Popup which wasn't available on Wii. But I might have to modify some styles since the Ambush air combo is exclusive to Wii, while Upward Jackhammer and Kenpo Lift are categorized as Popup and not available for the Uppercut only slot on PS2. Also got an 8th profile slot I can throw some alts in. It'll also be cool putting together two packs at once for memory card 1 & 2 so 1+2, 3+4, 5+6, etc..
Skankenham
Mortal

Re: MKA Premium save data for PCSX2

Post by Skankenham »

My Charpack1 and 2 for PS2 Premium Edition (PCSX2 .ps2 memcard, .MAX save, and .PSU formats included):
http://www.mediafire.com/file/c8dnmdccs ... 2.zip/file

Sixteen profiles or custom fighters loaded at once! Has no one else really done this before?
Attachments
charpack1plus2.jpg
Skankenham
Mortal

Post by Skankenham »

Charpacks 3 and 4 for PS2 up now.
Just have yet to retype in many of the ending texts though.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/i4xfz880t ... 2.zip/file

Same text files with Wii and PS2 data. Have updated them appropriately for system differences. Have been putting some cool alternates with different appearances and fighting styles for the 8th profile on PS2.

Of course you can load any combination of my memory card data in order. For example, packs 2 & 3, or 4 & 1.
Attachments
charpack3plus4.jpg
Astarax826
Mortal

Post by Astarax826 »

how did you achieve this ?

are you a computer programmer or coder or something like that ?
Skankenham
Mortal

Post by Skankenham »

No hacking or coding required here. I first got the Wii version and copied someone's data from gamefaqs onto an SD card and onto the system to have Konquest mode precleared with everything collected essentially enabling everything but then I played the game tons to buy everything in KAF mode and designed my own characters. I just got an actual PS2 (to play Shaolin Monks I got a few months ago), but so far I've just emulated MKA for PS2 on my computer (which actually runs too slow on it for me to play for fun). Once again I got someone's data from gamefaqs (took some tries to find data recognized by Premium edition) and used MyMC to import it into a memory card .ps2 file for the emu PCSX 2 (specifically v1.4.0). This data had max money as well which I used to buy everything on that first profile so it's all freely available to any other profiles. Then I just went nuts making profiles and PS2 versions of all my characters. Just with these saves, you probably shouldn't delete the original Shaw profile from whoever (think it's ChickLover4ever) that everything is enabled in.

In the past, I've hacked a game's exe with a hex editor to change attributes and rearrange frames of animation. Then I modified someone's source code of this hack editor for a similar game to work on that game. I've hacked console game roms (NES/FC, GBA, Sharp X68000, TG16/PCE), their save games, and save states of them, and with 8-bit NES, I can play my hacks on the actual system. I would like to hack MKA's save data to give custom fighters moves otherwise unavailable to them, but no such luck so far. I do have associate's and bachelor's degrees in comp sci but I've yet to make use of them. My education was shit, not much marketable stuff, and left me burnt out. Most of college/university is a scam leaving you in colossal debt, unless you have a really focused targeted mindset and know exactly what you want and need to work for. At least I'm doing alright and just paid off my not-so-colossal damn debt. Wish I went to a reputable tech school. At least there probably isn't too many people on the planet with such degrees in combination with an amatuer Muay Thai title belt, and a black belt, brown belt, and red sash with black stripe in other arts.

BTW, I've released completed charpacks 5 & 6 for both Wii and PS2, plus style guides so you can plug just about whatever you like into your own fighters.
See this vid:
https://youtu.be/r_sveM7X7GE
or this thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3265&p=133512#p133512
Astarax826
Mortal

Post by Astarax826 »

so basically you don't know whether a KAF can achieve the possibility of having every move, weapon, and/or power available in KAF ?

the only one capable would be a computer programmer or coder ? assuming they haven't tried already to achieve this
Skankenham
Mortal

Post by Skankenham »

It may have been done on PS2 long ago but I'm not aware of it ever being released or any video existing: viewtopic.php?f=65&t=5850 I have no idea how much that required getting into machine code and reverse engineering some of it. My idea for anyone to hack it more manually like I've done for games for less advanced systems would hopefully be doable in any version of the game, IF it is possible. It may be considerably more complex than I have an idea of. I had to work around a checksum to change items (to different special move books) in the 2007 Parodi*Ban hack of the Japanese version of River City Ransom EX and I was successful at that. But I'm kinda amateur at hacking and despite some impressive stuff, I'm sometimes just stabbing around in the dark.
Vex
Mortal
PSN: N/a
XBox Live: N/a

Re: Very glad to see this uploaded

Post by Vex »

Me and my friend still play MKA till this day we find it to be the best MK as it has the biggest roster and the KAF is great and fun , i have ported all the saves so far besides 5&6 but i will be trying them , there all fun and great , i do wish the cyborg made characters were all on one save though that wouldve been cool. The she hulk character is cool to see and the snow characters are great , you have a very great mind with this and i wish you could make more. GRNMACHINE is a really easy and great fighter to.
Its a shame gaming has downgraded through out the years , who wouldve thought the PS2 really has better games then today made games almost over 20 years of ps2 being released. Thank you for this.

Return to “Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance|Deception|Armageddon Modding”