Ed Boon: Nothing Is Coming "Soon"

Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Ed Boon: Nothing Is Coming "Soon"

Post by Roy Arkon »

As Ed Boon has posted the Mortal Kombat 1 Carlos Pesina Raiden video that we reported about yesterday, someone came to ask Boon if there is anything that is gonna be released soon for the 30th anniversary of the Mortal Kombat franchise:
And Boon simply replied with the answer: "Soon? No."
So as of right now, there is nothing to look for anytime soon. This, however, is a tricky scenario, as the term "soon" can have multiple definitions for multiple people, so the timing of whatever NetherRealm Studios/Warner Bros. has planned for the anniversary being reveled can match the expectations for some people, but not for others. The only thing that we know so far is that Injustice 3 isn't gonna come out, and even though it does disqualify one of the most likeable scenarios, a lot of things are still left open for questions, including the timing. That is of course, if there is anything that is actually planned for the anniversary.

Whatever NRS/WB are working on, whenever they are gonna reveal it and whenever they are gonna release it, it surely is gonna be something big. Will it be released for MK? And will it be revealed and/or released for the anniversary? Only time will tell. Let's see if that will be indeed soon enough.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Re: Ed Boon: Nothing Is Coming "Soon"

Post by Gambid »

It also needs to be noted, that the person asked for something big. So there might still be things like that video coming, which is nothing that big.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

I mean yeah sure, videos like this are sure to come, but the guy asked Boon for something to be released, which he obviously didn't mean something like a video, especially since he commented in the very same thread for this video with Carlos as Raiden for MK1.
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

Yep, that is kind of disappointing. I guess they are working on a new engine as the previous one was based on Unreal Engine 3. That will definitely take more time to develop.
I Rule This World!

Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

Yeah that's what I'm thinking too. Especially considering that the next game is gonna be on the current-gen consoles, and also how MK11 is the most gorgeous looking fighting game right now. NRS/WB obviously would want to move on to a newer engine and it's gonna take time to learn it and get used to it.
Last edited by Roy Arkon on Mon May 09, 2022 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

We will know when the announcement comes. It will I guess all make sense then, the delay and everything.
I Rule This World!

Return to “News Articles”