Mortal Kombat 11 Available on PSNow

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Mortal Kombat 11 Available on PSNow

Post by Gambid »

Recently we informed you that Mortal Kombat 11 has been made available on Game Pass for XBox and PC and now Netherrealm Studios and Warner Bros. Games have decided to double down on this and also made the game available on PSNow. PSNow is Sony's alternative to Microsoft's Game Pass that is however as of right now in no way comparable in popularity. Subscribers to the service can now stream or install the Mortal Kombat 11 base game on their PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 consoles and stream on PC.
Mortal Kombat 11 available on PSNow
Games usually arrive on Sony's PSNow service with an expiration date. Such was however not provided for NetherRealm Studios' fighting game so it can be assumed that the it will stay available on the service for a while.

In recent days NetherRealm Studios and WB Games have made the Mortal Kombat 11 base game available "free of charge" on several subscription services and has even published a version of the game on the Microsoft Windows Store. This gives a lot of people a chance to try out the latest Mortal Kombat game and to get excited for the developers next big project that should be unveiled this year.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.
Attachments
mortal-kombat-11-psnow.jpg

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Re: Mortal Kombat 11 Available on PSNow

Post by Roy Arkon »

Never tried PSNow, but just by hearing how it generally works, I think it's good I never tried it. I can't imagine how comfortable and responsive it would be to play a game via streaming it rather then it being installed on your hardware. Streaming can always cause the streamed content you watch on sites like Twitch to stop at any moment, so now it can stop games from working as the video processing is done over the cloud. If that's the case then sign me out.

Regardless, it is still great that NRS/WB give more option for players to play MK11, that's only because they both understand the success that the game got, and there is audience for that as well.
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

There is this general wrong assumption that a lot of people do when talking about PSNow and that is that it is a streaming only service.

This is only the case on PC. On PS4 and PS5 all PS2, PS4 and PS5 games can be installed just like with Game Pass. PS3 games are streaming only across the all systems.

This misconception is based on the state of the service when it initially launched.
I Rule This World!

Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

Gambid wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:52 am There is this general wrong assumption that a lot of people do when talking about PSNow and that is that it is a streaming only service.

This is only the case on PC. On PS4 and PS5 all PS2, PS4 and PS5 games can be installed just like with Game Pass. PS3 games are streaming only across the all systems.

This misconception is based on the state of the service when it initially launched.
Thanks so much for letting me know. That proves even further how interent bandwagons can lead to so much misleading misinformation that only cause unjustified negativity.
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

Well, Sony is famous for not really doing anything with PSNow. They are going to make a push for the service this year and place it more in competition with GamePass.
I Rule This World!

Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

Well that's good news again then.

Return to “News Articles”