MK9 For Low end PC

DmitryDC
Mortal
Side: Light
PSN: dmitrydc
XBox Live: dmitrydc

MK9 For Low end PC

Post by DmitryDC »

Exist any way to remove scenary backgrounds and shadows?
My old pc dies and i want to try play on a old pc but runs slow. maybe if i remove all backgrouds and reduce the textures and remove shadows and particles runs better
Sorry for my bad english

Gambid
Elder God
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Re: MK9 Fow Low end PC

Post by Gambid »

What kind of a PC are we talking about? MK9 is by today's standards not really a demanding game. As far as I know it can even run on some integrated GPUs.There are of course limits. I myself do not know of a way to remove the stuff you asked.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
zepterrian
Grand Master

Post by zepterrian »

DmitryDC wrote:Exist any way to remove scenary backgrounds and shadows?
My old pc dies and i want to try play on a old pc but runs slow. maybe if i remove all backgrouds and reduce the textures and remove shadows and particles runs better
Sorry for my bad english
The best you could do without much work is to reduce the game's screen resolution. I think that the lowest resolution you could get in the options menu is something like 800x600.
Nevertheless the game can be adjusted to even lower resolutions by manually setting the high and wide in its respective file inside the appdata folder.
To access to this file you would need to be able to see the hidden files of your pc (google it) and then go to C/Users/"your user name"/appdata/roaming/
Once inside the roaming folder look for some folder related to MKKE and open it.
There you will find a file which you would open with notepad. Adjust the resolution there. The lowest setting you can establish by the way is 500x400, more or less (just mess around it). Then save the file.
You will also need to set it as a Read-Only file by right clicking on it and going to properties. This will avoid the game to alter the changes you just made.

It is obvious that you will have to set the video options inside the game options to their minimum too, as you said.

There are also ways to "remove" the backgrounds if you still need it, that would help too.
There's even a third option you can take by adjusting the game frame rate that by default it runs at 60Hz. You can alter it so it runs at lower frequencies instead, though this would remove some of the game's fluency.

These three options are the lowest you can go in terms of settings when you try to run this game in a low-end pc.

Note: I assume your game is already running, but with difficulties. As Gambid said, there are limits. If the tips i gave you still do not help you, then shamefully there's nothing you can do except to update your hardware.
For the raptor race...
zamnoid
Mortal

Post by zamnoid »

zepterrian wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:57 pm
Sorry for my bad english
The best you could do without much work is to reduce the game's screen resolution. I think that the lowest resolution you could get in the options menu is something like 800x600.
Nevertheless the game can be adjusted to even lower resolutions by manually setting the high and wide in its respective file inside the appdata folder.
To access to this file you would need to be able to see the hidden files of your pc (google it) and then go to C/Users/"your user name"/appdata/roaming/
Once inside the roaming folder look for some folder related to MKKE and open it.
There you will find a file which you would open with notepad. Adjust the resolution there. The lowest setting you can establish by the way is 500x400, more or less (just mess around it). Then save the file.
You will also need to set it as a Read-Only file by right clicking on it and going to properties. This will avoid the game to alter the changes you just made.

It is obvious that you will have to set the video options inside the game options to their minimum too, as you said.

There are also ways to "remove" the backgrounds if you still need it, that would help too.
There's even a third option you can take by adjusting the game frame rate that by default it runs at 60Hz. You can alter it so it runs at lower frequencies instead, though this would remove some of the game's fluency.

These three options are the lowest you can go in terms of settings when you try to run this game in a low-end pc.

Note: I assume your game is already running, but with difficulties. As Gambid said, there are limits. If the tips i gave you still do not help you, then shamefully there's nothing you can do except to update your hardware.
Hello, just made an account to ask about this subject. I want to test benchmarking with as many tweaks as I can gather and I'm unable to find any tweak to remove the gpu stressful backgrounds. Could you please elaborate on that tweak?
zepterrian
Grand Master

Post by zepterrian »

zamnoid wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:29 pm
Sorry for my bad english

Hello, just made an account to ask about this subject. I want to test benchmarking with as many tweaks as I can gather and I'm unable to find any tweak to remove the gpu stressful backgrounds. Could you please elaborate on that tweak?
I am not sure what you mean. If it is programming stuff then I may not be of much help, sorry.
For the raptor race...
zamnoid
Mortal

Post by zamnoid »

zepterrian wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:11 pm

I am not sure what you mean. If it is programming stuff then I may not be of much help, sorry.
Oh no, it's not about programming itself, I just don't seem to find any information on how to "remove" the backgrounds as you mentioned
zepterrian
Grand Master

Post by zepterrian »

zamnoid wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:15 pm
zepterrian wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:11 pm

Oh no, it's not about programming itself, I just don't seem to find any information on how to "remove" the backgrounds as you mentioned
oh yes. You can replace the stages with the bio viewer one, which is all black. You can do that with the help of generic renamer tool. Rename that bioviwer stage to "the pit" for example and then replace the original "the pit" stage. Dont forget to activate the "Background Hash" for that.
This is not an actual background removal but a stage swap.
For the raptor race...
joeschmo
Mortal
Side: Darkness

Re: MK9 For Low end PC

Post by joeschmo »

please could you convert this arena to work with v1.07 as i have a low end pc. this can also help with lag but it only works on v1.05

Photobooth arena : download/file.php?id=13202

Return to “Mortal Kombat 9 PC Gameplay Mods”