Translating Mortal Kombat 4 - where do I start?

julien.xray
Mortal

Translating Mortal Kombat 4 - where do I start?

Post by julien.xray »

Hello everyone.

I'm new to this place, and since I'm studying English Translation career, I decided I'd like to translate Mortal Kombat 4 to Spanish.

I know this place may have everything I need, but I truly don't know where to start. Can you give me any tips or advice? Whatever guidance I can be given, will be most appreciated.

Thanks already, and hope I can stick round here for quite a long time.

Noob Cyborg
Immortal

Re: Translating Mortal Kombat 4 - where do I start?

Post by Noob Cyborg »

julien.xray wrote:Hello everyone.

I'm new to this place, and since I'm studying English Translation career, I decided I'd like to translate Mortal Kombat 4 to Spanish.

I know this place may have everything I need, but I truly don't know where to start. Can you give me any tips or advice? Whatever guidance I can be given, will be most appreciated.

Thanks already, and hope I can stick round here for quite a long time.
Dude, what you do not understand! You're talking about a dead game.
You do not see that most speak and post about MK11? Try to keep up with the world!
Return with your feet on the ground and wake up to reality! Your post has no connection with this topic. Here's how to edit and customize textures to create skins or to modify 3d models.
This forum encourages the creation of Mortal Kombat 4 Mods. Look better! As you wish!
You do not see that nobody answers you except me because nobody speaks Spanish.
"I am Goro! General to the armies of Outworld and Prince to the subterrianian realm of Shokahn..."ImageImage
julien.xray
Mortal

Post by julien.xray »

Noob Cyborg wrote:Dude, what you do not understand! You're talking about a dead game.
I know, it's a 22-year-old game, but I still play it. Is talking about old games against the rules?
Noob Cyborg wrote:You do not see that most speak and post about MK11? Try to keep up with the world!
Return with your feet on the ground and wake up to reality!

There is ABSOLUTELY no need to be rude. I won't reply to you the way you deserve because that would probably get me kicked out of here. Ah, needless to say, you spend most of the time that you are in this site HERE in this sub forum. What did you say about this being and old game and "keeping up with the world"? That makes it hard to take you seriously.
Noob Cyborg wrote:Your post has no connection with this topic. Here's how to edit and customize textures to create skins or to modify 3d models.

Did you tell the creator of this post the same thing? He was talking about hex edition and that he would like to translate MK4 into Greek. So I wanted to do the same in Spanish (and guess what, I managed to do it). He posted in this same sub-forum. Did you tell him the same thing? No, you asked him for a tutorial. So I guess that the problem is with me.
Noob Cyborg wrote:This forum encourages the creation of Mortal Kombat 4 Mods. Look better! As you wish!
"As you wish"? WHAT?
Noob Cyborg wrote:You do not see that nobody answers you except me because nobody speaks Spanish.
Is my post in Spanish? No, it's not. So the fact that people don't speak Spanish is unimportant. The process to translate a game is generally the same regardless of the language (unless, of course, the writing system is different).

Is it a requirement to have such a bad attitude to be in this place? Let me know so I will make sure I never come back. You should learn some modals.
Noob Cyborg
Immortal

Post by Noob Cyborg »

julien.xray wrote: ...
... whatever !!! ...
... you know better ...
... it looks like we are too old for your projects ...
... what I wanted to say is that your idea no longer raises interests for fans ...
... if you want to impress the world, create skin by personalizing textures or modifying 3D models ...
... good luck further with your work ...
"I am Goro! General to the armies of Outworld and Prince to the subterrianian realm of Shokahn..."ImageImage
julien.xray
Mortal

Post by julien.xray »

Noob Cyborg wrote:
julien.xray wrote: ...
... whatever !!! ...
... you know better ...
... it looks like we are too old for your projects ...
... what I wanted to say is that your idea no longer raises interests for fans ...
... if you want to impress the world, create skin by personalizing textures or modifying 3D models ...
... good luck further with your work ...
That's where you're wrong. I don't seek to impress the world. All I want to do is bring a custom experience for Spanish speakers who don't speak English. I don't need the instructions in Spanish. If you're not willing to help, then move along and save the bad energies for yourself.

Thanks for nothing.
Noob Cyborg
Immortal

Post by Noob Cyborg »

julien.xray wrote:...
That's what I told you from the beginning. Your idea is not relevant here. Nobody speaks Spanish. I know Spanish but I prefer to speak English. I did not mean you wrong. I warned you that no one is following you because most speak English. The problem is that you are an insistent man. I am convinced there are other forms or topics based on your idea in Spanish but not here. But you did not understand me. You understand me wrong. I'm trying to help you and make sure that no one else is watching your post. Watch your views. Only the title of the subject scares them.
KeshaFilm
Mortal
Side: Light

Post by KeshaFilm »

julien.xray, hello and welcome!
I'm not sure that you will ever come again in this place, but if you will - I'll be so glad. I'm so sorry of what you have experienced - MK4 modding as modding of any other old game never gets old. So please, dont pay attention on that Noob аsshole, he only knows how to mocking everyone with his "perfect" english (which is not) and getting butthurted so easily when someone speaking spanish or any other language.

If you still have a courage to create your own localization, go get yourself a HEX Editor. Free Hex Editor Neo will be very useful in this case. Open the game executable with this editor and all what you need is to replace the original text with your own. Press F3 to find a text you need. According to spanish alphabet, there's one or two extra letters. If it's really neccesary to include these letters, you need to use MK4Strip to replace unused graphic symbols with new letters to use them in your game. Get it here:
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2120
Sometimes you can face the problem when your new text is not match the original with amount of letters. For example:
Eng: Game Over - 9 letters (including space)
Spa: Juego Terminado - 16 letters!
What to do? Here's a simple way to extend any ingame text:
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=6350
Read a tutorial in this topic. Since Tinypic is dead, it's a little bit hard to understand what to do, but everything is explained pretty clear.

I hope you will read it some day and finally create your own spanish MK4. I hope so.
Good luck!
Noob Cyborg
Immortal

Post by Noob Cyborg »

KeshaFilm wrote:So please, dont pay attention on that Noob аsshole, he only knows how to mocking everyone with his "perfect" english (which is not) and getting butthurted so easily when someone speaking spanish or any other language.
I don't mock anyone, I try to do it and make it understandable, although there are many on this site that deserve to be mocked. The problem that he is insistent on something that no longer arouses interest. Otherwise I tried to help him by giving him some useful information. (see above). If I mocked him I would not answer and insulted him but he felt offended.
I did not say that my English is perfect although I speak Spanish better, but I adapted because I saw that everyone speaks English. I also use google translate. I say this without shame and it is proof that I do not speak perfect English, maybe better than you because I now live in the UK.
I'm really glad that there are still fans here like me who still like MK4. Because people like you and me raise the mk4strip to the rank of art. i can offer you mk4 in russian including voices and maybe you will find an email in the game folder to get in touch with the creator to help you. Good luck and success to all! All the best!
KeshaFilm
Mortal
Side: Light

Post by KeshaFilm »

So you wanna say that your "DUDE WAKE UP MK11 IS RELEASED ALREADY MK4 IS DEAD" can be considered as an useful information? Phew.
What is most important that somebody had an interest to do something for this game. And if you didn't know, making a translation is a part of game modding. Too bad that I wasn't here in time to help him, but if he will back and say simple "thank you" - I'll be so glad.
Ofc he left offended, because you was acting really rude. Nobody deserves such behavior of yours.
Noob Cyborg
Immortal

Post by Noob Cyborg »

KeshaFilm wrote:...
Look here! viewtopic.php?f=52&t=7085&p=135862#p135862

Return to “Mortal Kombat 4 Enhanced and Strip”