NRS' Respones Regarding MK11 Netcode Post-Patch

Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

NRS' Respones Regarding MK11 Netcode Post-Patch

Post by Roy Arkon »

Ever since the latest patch for Mortal Kombat 11, several users have claimed they have lag and delay issues during online matches. NetherRealm Studios gave an update on the matter via Twitter and on Reddit, and here is their response:

Hello all,

We understand that there have been reports and concern regarding lag spikes after the recent patch, but, after a thorough check of our online functionality we have found that everything is running normally. However, during our check we did find that the disconnect icon appears far more than it actually should. This includes instances where it appears even in stable games, and we will work on resolving that soon. Due to our findings the Pro Kompetition’s Online NA East is still scheduled for this weekend June 8th.

Thank you.

So it appears that there is no issue at the moment, and it was just a big misconception from the players.

Author's opinion: I myself had 2 long online sessions last night, Israel time, against 2 different people, back-to-back, and not only there was no lag or delay during either session, but even the orange disconnect icon appeared only during the post-match option menu after each match was over, and surely not during the actual matches. I'm playing on PS4 and all of the matches were of course being played on weird connection. I think it's safe to assume that this further proves it is indeed just a misconception on the player's part, because even if it happened to a big group of people, that doesn't it can't come as a result of their own connection rather then the Netcode, especially if other players, like your's truly, hadn't any of those issues post-patch. So that's the case, perhaps.

How is your current online experience post-patch? Tell us in the comments.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome

Return to “News Articles”