MK4 PC - FMV cutscenes audio problems

CXK
Mortal

MK4 PC - FMV cutscenes audio problems

Post by CXK »

I'm running the PC version, it is a hacked copy, everything works fine except for the cutscenes. All of the FMV clips play fine but the audio skips all over to the point where you can't understand it. I'm running Windows 7. If buying a genuine copy of the game would fix it, I'd consider it but I fear it wouldn't start. Are there any fixes for this?

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Re: MK4 PC - FMV cutscenes audio problems

Post by Gambid »

As far as I remember, the initial release of the game for PC does indeed have audio issues during the FMVs, with the audio skipping from time to time. Whether that's the issue you are experiencing, I can't tell. If I am not mistaken, the official patch for the game, the one that EUROCOM released with the better resolution and the playable Kitana, also fixes the audio problem.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
CXK
Mortal

Post by CXK »

Gambid wrote:As far as I remember, the initial release of the game for PC does indeed have audio issues during the FMVs, with the audio skipping from time to time. Whether that's the issue you are experiencing, I can't tell. If I am not mistaken, the official patch for the game, the one that EUROCOM released with the better resolution and the playable Kitana, also fixes the audio problem.
Thanks for the info. I've tried looking around for other's talking about the PC version but rarely find much. The audio is all over the place when I run it. I'm trying to get a decent version in an arcade cabinet I'm working on so I might try another PC. I'm also going to toy with the Dreamcast version. Or just spend a bunch of money on a new motherboard, CPU and RAM that can emulate the arcade version. It sucks this game never got much love and was on special hardware. I really like MK4.
Gambid
Elder God
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

If I have to choose between MK4 PC and MKGold, I would take Gold. New PC wouldn't solve the MK4 issues you are facing. I can try to look into the issue when I get home. Please remind me if I forget.

MK4 is no emulated at a 100% yet.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
CXK
Mortal

Post by CXK »

Gambid wrote:If I have to choose between MK4 PC and MKGold, I would take Gold. New PC wouldn't solve the MK4 issues you are facing. I can try to look into the issue when I get home. Please remind me if I forget.

MK4 is no emulated at a 100% yet.
Ah, I've seen some people showing MK4 running in MAME and it looks fine. Although I'm sure it wouldn't work as smoothly for me haha. I'm happy with the PC version, It would be great if the FMVs would play perfectly. If that doesn't work, I'd go with MK Gold for now. I'm just not sure how well it will work using a front end for the emulator. Every time I open NullDC I get an error message saying I'm missing a .dll file. I havent dug too deep into it yet. I'm waiting on more RAM for the PC I'm setting up for this project before I dive into trying to fix all of the problems.
Noob Cyborg
Immortal

Post by Noob Cyborg »

MK4 PC - work fine anytime and anywhare even on the old PCs, laptops or notebooks.
MK4 Arcade with MAME Emulator - need very powerful video card. 512MB+ or more.
MKG Sega Dreamcast with nullDC 1.0.4. emulator - need Visual C++ 2008 and 2010.
"I am Goro! General to the armies of Outworld and Prince to the subterrianian realm of Shokahn..."ImageImage
CXK
Mortal

Post by CXK »

Noob Cyborg wrote:MK4 PC - work fine anytime and anywhare even on the old PCs, laptops or notebooks.
MK4 Arcade with MAME Emulator - need very powerful video card. 512MB+ or more.
MKG Sega Dreamcast with nullDC 1.0.4. emulator - need Visual C++ 2008 and 2010.
Do your cutscenes not play properly on your MK4 PC version? Everything else is fine for mine.
Noob Cyborg
Immortal

Post by Noob Cyborg »

CXK wrote:Do your cutscenes not play properly on your MK4 PC version? Everything else is fine for mine.
WTH are talking about?
"I am Goro! General to the armies of Outworld and Prince to the subterrianian realm of Shokahn..."ImageImage
CXK
Mortal

Post by CXK »

Noob Cyborg wrote:
CXK wrote:Do your cutscenes not play properly on your MK4 PC version? Everything else is fine for mine.
WTH are talking about?
All of the FMV videos (Raidens opening video “Thousands of years ago in a battle...” all character endings) have major audio problems. It skips as if it were playing from a scratched up CD. The video plays fine though. It’s not a game breaker, it’s just annoying.
Noob Cyborg
Immortal

Post by Noob Cyborg »

CXK wrote: All of the FMV videos (Raidens opening video “Thousands of years ago in a battle...” all character endings) have major audio problems. It skips as if it were playing from a scratched up CD. The video plays fine though. It’s not a game breaker, it’s just annoying.
Agree. We all noticed that. That's because the platform is not compatible with the file system.
Midway (then) and Eurocom when converting these files have made it rushed for the old operating systems as demand for the pc version. If you notice better, the game is not totally 100% compiled. This can be seen in mk4strip because Arcade, Playstation and N64 are a few differences to the PC such as sounds, textures, graphics, 3D geometry and even special effects. During the game, the soundtrack of each level is not heard only by mounting the MKG Dreamcast image in Daemon Dools. I have noticed that in old operating systems such as Windows 2000 or Windows Millennium on some old PCs that supported a certain audio card of that period, the soundtrack of each level can be played automatically and so on, even the difference in graphics for the time that old video cards or drivers like in Voodo Chils and Open GL. Time is changing, just like operating systems evolving at the same time as technology, but the game remains the same. Think that at that time it was an innovation for fans and now like MK11. Now for many this is a mini gameplay. We talk about a 22 years game.
In a way, MK4 has not been fully completed in that times.
alexanderfox
Warrior

Post by alexanderfox »

Hello all. Does someone know how gog fixed this issue?
Noob Cyborg
Immortal

Post by Noob Cyborg »

alexanderfox wrote:Hello all. Does someone know how gog fixed this issue?
This problem will never be solved. That's because people are always looking for something new. They turned their interest to MK11, MKX and Injustice, etc. What is past is past. The only one who tried to make an improvement but did not continue was Sorceresoft. (creator of mk4strip and mk4enhanced projects). Sorceresoft is a boy from Russia who is very good skilled at codding, programming, 3D editing, Photoshop customization, etc. The problem is that he was contacted by us but he does not answer us. So I opened the facebook pages and groups as a tribute to him. Another problem is that very few are interested and involved in everything related to MK4. I support them 100% and every time in what I do. We even communicate frequently with some and send each other messages. MK4 is now a legend, for others a simple nostalgia. For me it is the beginning of a very innovative era that gave birth to many creations and ideas. What more! It is immortal.
alexanderfox
Warrior

Post by alexanderfox »

Noob Cyborg wrote:
alexanderfox wrote:Hello all. Does someone know how gog fixed this issue?
This problem will never be solved. That's because people are always looking for something new. They turned their interest to MK11, MKX and Injustice, etc. What is past is past. The only one who tried to make an improvement but did not continue was Sorceresoft. (creator of mk4strip and mk4enhanced projects). Sorceresoft is a boy from Russia who is very good skilled at codding, programming, 3D editing, Photoshop customization, etc. The problem is that he was contacted by us but he does not answer us. So I opened the facebook pages and groups as a tribute to him. Another problem is that very few are interested and involved in everything related to MK4. I support them 100% and every time in what I do. We even communicate frequently with some and send each other messages. MK4 is now a legend, for others a simple nostalgia. For me it is the beginning of a very innovative era that gave birth to many creations and ideas. What more! It is immortal.
Thank you for such a good answer. But thei fixed this problem. Look at sub's ending in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXzv_EiMv5E
Noob Cyborg
Immortal

Post by Noob Cyborg »

alexanderfox wrote: Thank you for such a good answer. But thei fixed this problem. Look at sub's ending in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXzv_EiMv5E
Oh yes! almost forgot. I tried the gog version and I really wonder how they managed to convert those files so well without any interruptions? good question!
alexanderfox
Warrior

Post by alexanderfox »

Noob Cyborg wrote:
alexanderfox wrote: Thank you for such a good answer. But thei fixed t played.his problem. Look at sub's ending in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXzv_EiMv5E
Oh yes! almost forgot. I tried the gog version and I really wonder how they managed to convert those files so well without any interruptions? good question!
Thank you for fast response. I tried to contact gog support but didn't get any answer. I also love mk 4. That was the first mk game i played
Last edited by alexanderfox on Sat May 08, 2021 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Mortal Kombat 4/Gold”