[Tutorial] MK 11 Unused Arenas and Characters

Cukier
Mortal

[Tutorial] MK 11 Unused Arenas and Characters

Post by Cukier »

Today i will tell you how to play as unplayable kombatants and how to play on unused arenas :)
You will need basic knowledge about Cheat Engine. Because i will not teach you how to use that tool :)
Warning!!! In the future updates the things might be changed!
Okay so at the start there is 4 unplayable characters.
To play as them you need to simply change some already selected character and rename his name with kombatant that you would like to play.

So there is 4 unplayable characters:

Code: Select all

CHAR_FireGod
CHAR_Kronika
CHAR_Cyrax
CHAR_Sektor
To play as them, enter the Character Select screen, choose one of the kombatants and in cheat engine search for this Array of Bytes:

46 61 74 61 6C 69 74 79 54 75 74 6F 72 69 61 6C 50 6C 61 79 65 72 53 65 6C 65 63 74 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 53 54 4F 52 59 55 4E 4C 4F 43 4B 43 48 41 52 30 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 53 48 41 43 48 41 52 41 43 54 45 52 30 30 30 30 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 61 6C 77 61 79 73 4C 6F 63 6B 65 64
There should be 2 addresses, the second one is real one. Now add it to cheat table and press CTRL+B to open Memory Viewer. In this area you can see strings like CHAR_Scorpion etc. All what you need to to is to change name of the character you picked to the one you want to play with.

So for example i choose Scorpion to see Choose Variation screen, In cheat engine im pressing CTRL+B on that second added address, im searching for CHAR_Scorpion and im changing it with CHAR_Kronika (if name of the unplayable character have less characters, you need to remove extra letters with 00 in hex edit view). Im going back to game and i just accepting "Variation". If you did everything good you should see name of your changed character on the bottom.

Thats all :)

To play on unused maps you do the same thing as above, but instead of changing CHAR strings after selecting a character, you should swap BGND text (which is few lines under the CHAR strings). And ofc on Stage Select screen (not on character select)

There is a list of unused maps:

BGND_CharacterTest
BGND_CharacterViewer
BGND_TournamentLVEVO
BGND_TournamentLVCEO
BGND_TournamentLVCMB
BGND_TournamentLVNRS
BGND_EmptyMap
Fast example. I select kombatant, on stage select screen, minimize game, search for already highlighted stage (Special Force Desert Command in my case) and im changing BGND_SpecialForcesDesertCommand with BGND_EmptyMap. Go back to game, press ENTER and thats all :)

Here are some screenshots:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f0ireqtzgpnqrdd/1.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nm3pu07cyoqdg31/2.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/a4pcv1g6tmp63li/3.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/edc9gnjzlq6gqx3/4.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qgi2dcn3h2km8ei/5.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/apqndfn0gwjpwxg/6.png?dl=0

P.S Instead of searching for array of bytes everytime, you can add this pointer:

MK11.exe+030782e8 + 158 + e0 + 0 + 0
It points to CHAR_Scorpion string. But i guess it will change with next patches.[/i]

Rainaldyaldy
Mortal
Side: Darkness

Re: [Tutorial] MK 11 Unused Arenas and Characters

Post by Rainaldyaldy »

Hi great tutorial there,is there any way to replace another character than scorpion?,
Cukier
Mortal

Post by Cukier »

yes, just find some other CHAR like CHAR_Sonya and change it with someone else :)
Rainaldyaldy
Mortal

Post by Rainaldyaldy »

Ohh ok i get it,how abou 2nd player?,and btw should i copy all the code that u gave and then scan etc or what?
Cukier
Mortal

Post by Cukier »

No idea, i made it for player 1 only. It might work for player 2 aswell, but im not sure about it.
Rainaldyaldy
Mortal

Post by Rainaldyaldy »

Do i copy all the code then first scan etc or what?
Cukier
Mortal

Post by Cukier »

yea, scan, add second address, ctrl+b on it, and change
Player One
Warrior

Post by Player One »

I dont understand anything.. can somebody do a preset ?
- Cyrax replaces Cassie
- Sektor replaces Jacqui
- Kronika replaces Frost
somebody make this please. this is all I ask
Cukier
Mortal

Post by Cukier »

Anyone can be replaced with whoever you want. When you pick for example sonya, you can replace CHAR_Sonya with CHAR_Cyrax for example. The only problem is when you changing someone with more letters than new char. For ex if you want change ShaoKahn with cyrax, you need to change CHAR_ShaoKahn with CHAR_Cyrax and set remaining "letters" with 00 in hex edit. Because game will think that you are trying to load character named CHAR_Cyraxahn
MKImc7r
Mortal

Post by MKImc7r »

to be clear does it work with the steam version? also you mean open the process with CE and search for these memory bits and change e.g geras good to use for cyrax? I see memory all in ?? ?? ?? ??. You do this while you hover over portrait or after pressing Enter to select the char
Last edited by MKImc7r on Thu May 02, 2019 5:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
thethiny
Immortal
Side: Light
PSN: thethiny
XBox Live: thethiny

Post by thethiny »

MKImc7r wrote:to be clear does it work with the steam version? also you mean open the process with CE and search for these memory bits and change e.g geras good to use for cyrax? I see memory all in ?? ?? ?? ??. You do this while you hover over portrait or after pressing Enter to select the char
There is only a steam version...

All of my Mortal Kombat 11 Mods are now unified under a Single Thread. Click The Image to go to the thread.
MKImc7r
Mortal

Post by MKImc7r »

I want to replace Geras w Cyrax who appears under the name CHAR_Terminas. EDIT: OK found your byte combination w array'o bytes. But the first one, where is the 2nd that you OP saying is the real one?
https://i.imgur.com/BcNj3Yn.png

Range: Start 00000000
Stop: 7FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

You mean here the 2nd added in the bottom with Active ticked? The name change would reset if exiting to menu but I see e.g CHAR_SHaoKan......ShaoKahn...SHAO CHAR_Frost.....Frost...FRO Do you change each name like Char_Name, Name and NAM or only the CHAR_Name?

So after you change the name should you backup if you save this memory? I dont mind doing it each time to not corrupt any files. And how do you apply the change? I dont see Geras change to any other name and I fill hex with 00 00's if this is the place. P.S the address changes each game run, tables and saved regions are not teh same, so not sure how you keep it. And no I do not see change of name or character...
HukpoFuJl
Mortal

Post by HukpoFuJl »

It doesn't work for me...
I change CHAR_Scopion to CHAR_Kronika on variation select screen, ALT+TAB to game and accept variation. But I still scorpion :(
Attachments
Screenshot_1.png
Player One
Warrior

Post by Player One »

Cukier wrote:Anyone can be replaced with whoever you want. When you pick for example sonya, you can replace CHAR_Sonya with CHAR_Cyrax for example. The only problem is when you changing someone with more letters than new char. For ex if you want change ShaoKahn with cyrax, you need to change CHAR_ShaoKahn with CHAR_Cyrax and set remaining "letters" with 00 in hex edit. Because game will think that you are trying to load character named CHAR_Cyraxahn
So I guess I can replace Frost with Cyrax without using HEX just by copy paste, as they have same amount of latters. Frost is nothing but Female Subzero anyway right, so I prefer Cyrax over her
For Sektor I would swap either Jacqui or Cassie (id prefer to swap jacqui since shes nothing but Jax 2.0)
however I dont know what their code names are in MK11, they were named JaxJr and CageJr in MKX
MKImc7r
Mortal

Post by MKImc7r »

this with the stages is soo not working, with chars too.

Return to “Mortal Kombat 11 PC Modding Tutorials and Discussions”