No Mortal Kombat 11 Comic According To Shawn Kittelsen

Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

No Mortal Kombat 11 Comic According To Shawn Kittelsen

Post by Roy Arkon »

As you might remember, Mortal Kombat XL had it's own comic book series written by Shawn Kittelsen, which explained the events that took place between Chapter 1 and 2 of the MKXL story mode, in a similar fashion to Injustice 1: Gods Among Us and Injustice 2. While the comic turned out to be only semi-canon and not fully canon due to some inconsistencies in it's plot by comparison to the game's plot, it was still a great read overall and it gave a great basis for the origins of the new characters introduced in MKXL.

It turns out however that Mortal Kombat 11 won't have it's own comic book series, according to Kittelsen who answered to that question in a response to a Twitter user in this Tweet. He then followed up with another Tweet in which he said how grateful he is to the MK fans and how the MKXL comics were a big turning point for his life and career, and that he will never forget them.

Credit to Test Your Might.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Noob Saibot
Warrior

Re: No Mortal Kombat 11 Comic According to Shawn Kittelsen

Post by Noob Saibot »

Too bad, I was already hoping to see the next Mortal Kombat comics. But who knows, may be some day.
We share blood, but we are not brothers.
Roy Arkon
God

Re: No Mortal Kombat 11 Comic According to Shawn Kittelsen

Post by Roy Arkon »

Noob Saibot wrote:Too bad, I was already hoping to see the next Mortal Kombat comics. But who knows, may be some day.
Just like when it comes to dead characters in the MK lore, never say never.
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Re: No Mortal Kombat 11 Comic According To Shawn Kittelsen

Post by Gambid »

For me it is kind of a missed opportunity. Mortal Kombat was bought by Warner Bros. And what have they done with it so far, apart from the games, nothing really? They are sitting on a major franchise and have all the money in the world and all we have gotten so far apart from the games is Mortal Kombat Legacy which mysteriously died after the produced but never released third season and the comic books by Shawn. The DC Cinematic Universe is so far going nowhere, why not give Mortal Kombat a shot. Who knows it might work.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

Gambid wrote:For me it is kind of a missed opportunity. Mortal Kombat was bought by Warner Bros. And what have they done with it so far, apart from the games, nothing really? They are sitting on a major franchise and have all the money in the world and all we have gotten so far apart from the games is Mortal Kombat Legacy which mysteriously died after the produced but never released third season and the comic books by Shawn. The DC Cinematic Universe is so far going nowhere, why not give Mortal Kombat a shot. Who knows it might work.
But like you said, they did the MK Legacy show and the MKX comic, and of course they released smaller products like action figures and similar stuff, so they already did more then just the games. And as for a new movie, we're all seeing news and hints about a new movie, no one in either NRS or WB said that it's never gonna happen. I think that is a question of when, not if.
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

It is definitely a question of when, that's right. I would still like to know why they did not released Legacy Season 3. Something must have gotten way of track with that season.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster

Return to “News Articles”