Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 World Record Speedrun

Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 World Record Speedrun

Post by Roy Arkon »

On August 22, 2016, a YouTuber named Lee Woods had set a World Record Speedrun for Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, which was set at the end for a record of 06:50. It should be noted however that Woods' record was set with the Coin Door trick (a special trick that allows the player to speed up the winning portions of each round, also known for UMK3 in particular as the "Toasty Trick" due to the repeated sounds of the Toasty shouts from Dan Forden done by doing the Trick) and that he also started the timer when he selected the Master Ladder.
However, this past week, another YouTuber who is also a professional Mortal Kombat player, Ryan Neal AKA Ketchup (which is the name he gave himself after the original production code name for Sektor, his favorite character), did the same Speedrun only without the Coin Door trick, and he started the timer when he selected Robo Smoke (the same character that Woods picked) rather then at the moment of selecting the Master Ladder, and he has done that in a record of 07:02.
Enjoy both videos as both awesome players setting the records for each format in UMK3.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Re: Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 World Record Speedrun

Post by Gambid »

Interesting. Never had an idea of testing myself, it would be embarrassing :D :D :D
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
liperockmk
Mortal

Re: Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 World Record Speedrun

Post by liperockmk »

good man, congratulations.

Return to “News Articles”