Ultimate Boss Mod 2.0.1 [All Game Versions]

zepterrian
Grand Master
Side: Light

Ultimate Boss Mod 2.0.1 [All Game Versions]

Post by zepterrian »

This mod is based in the original Ultimate Boss Mod 2.0 by HowardC made long time ago so i'll take no credits for it. I only added some changes i will explain:
Ultimate Boss Mod 2.0.1.rar
(2.66 MiB) Downloaded 18275 times
New Features:
-The original mod added only the bosses and the npc's but i also gave it the feature of allowing the installation of alternate costumes for Rain, Kenshi, Skarlet and Freddy Krueger by renaming their packages as:

CHAR_Rain.xxx ----> CHAR_Rn.xxx
CHAR_Skarlet.xxx ----> CHAR_Skarl.xxx
CHAR_FreddyKrueger.xxx ----> CHAR_FreddyKrueg.xxx
CHAR_Kenshi.xxx ----> CHAR_Kens.xxx

as you see the last 2 letters in every package were deleted, so if you want to add a costume for let's say Rain, your new costume must be first renamed like CHAR_Rn_B.xxx for example and then you can install it. This same applies to the rest of these chars.
This idea was taken from the Alt Costumes Mod 2.0 by HowardC too.

-Mod available for all game versions.

-The mod also includes the HD BOSSES ULTIMATE PORTRAITS i made before.

How to install:

*paste the files inside their corresponding folders
*run the manager as administrator
*uninstall the file called "OLD DLC CHARS"
*install the file called "NEW DLC CHARS"

if you wish to uninstall this mod then:
*run the manager as administrator
*uninstall the file called "NEW DLC CHARS"
*install the file called "OLD DLC CHARS"

You need the DLC Manager2.6 in order to install this mod and you must have the original Rain, Skarlet, Kenshi and Freddy unaltered. Also you must not have another boss mod installed or the Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3.3 mod.

This project was made with the purpose of having a 'light' boss mod that includes the basics. But if you want a more complete mod than this look for the Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3.3.

---------------------------------------------

Knowing that some of you may want only the bosses you can also remove the NPCs with the file below. And you can also restore them back with the same file.
Classic NPC's Uninstaller.rar
(954 Bytes) Downloaded 1642 times
But if you still want to be able to play them you can have them as Alternate Costumes

UPDATE: Classic NPC's uninstaller added.
Last edited by zepterrian on Tue May 18, 2021 11:39 pm, edited 6 times in total.

For the raptor race...
AlterL
Grand Master

Re: Ultimate Boss Mod 2.0.1 [All Versions]

Post by AlterL »

Awesome of you to share this.
Ajaysis
Mortal

Post by Ajaysis »

The scariest Movie i have ever watch FIve Nights At Freddy's
MoDuL
Apprentice
Side: Darkness

Post by MoDuL »

This doesn't work with latest steam version. :(
Greenknight9000
Mortal

Post by Greenknight9000 »

How do I remove the Klassic Hidden characters (CJade, CSmoke, CReptile, CNoob) I'd rather fight them in the intended way of discovering them.
zepterrian
Grand Master

Post by zepterrian »

MoDuL wrote:This doesn't work with latest steam version. :(
this mod was made to work on all versions (it was also tested with steam version before releasing). check your game has no mods related to the bosses or npc.
For the raptor race...
Scislac-Busorez
Mortal

Post by Scislac-Busorez »

Still working on the latest Steam version, for me. This is my favorite version of the boss and hidden character mods, great work. Is there a way to prevent the Klassic boss characters from showing up as fighters in the arcade ladder?
zepterrian
Grand Master

Re: Ultimate Boss Mod 2.0.1 [All Game Versions]

Post by zepterrian »

you can now remove the classic characters from the roster. The only way to fight them now is to discover them.
For the raptor race...
Scislac-Busorez
Mortal

Post by Scislac-Busorez »

Thanks for the update. Sorry to make you go through the trouble, I had actually just edited it so that I had a coalesced with the hidden characters and one without, so that I could swap them out for multiplayer purposes and one for arcade ladders. Great work as always!
maskedman
Mortal

Post by maskedman »

Thank you for the update any process on getting Shao Kahn, Kintaro, and Goro Howard C costume as DLC I'm aware that they have some weird bugs with the animation unfortunately.
zepterrian
Grand Master

Post by zepterrian »

Thanks, but i have no intentions to do so. If i would do that, i would be copying way too much HowardC's work, and there is no point in doing so. That is why i recommend getting his last version if you are interested in a more complete mod. He has a lot more of interesting content to offer.
As a different version of a boss mod, i think this whole pack is complete. In fact the intention here was to deliver a light but complete boss mod, with all the basic stuff.
So i considered this a closed topic.
For the raptor race...
maskedman
Mortal

Post by maskedman »

understandable , but thank you for the update :)
Nooby Saibot
Mortal
Side: Darkness

Post by Nooby Saibot »

if you don't want those annoying secret characters showing up in the tower simply unninstall the mod, erase the CHAR_(someone)C.xxx.diff files, it MUST have the C in it beacouse it means Classic, smoke, noob, jade and reptile CLASSIC. goro kintaro and shao kahn do not appear outside of their normal levels, well what you did is just get rid of the DLC classic characters and the rest of the mod still works... you have to install it again without those files again tho. just don't ask me if the secret fights still works doing this beacouse i don't know.
zepterrian
Grand Master

Post by zepterrian »

Nooby Saibot wrote:if you don't want those annoying secret characters showing up in the tower simply unninstall the mod, erase the CHAR_(someone)C.xxx.diff files, it MUST have the C in it beacouse it means Classic, smoke, noob, jade and reptile CLASSIC. goro kintaro and shao kahn do not appear outside of their normal levels, well what you did is just get rid of the DLC classic characters and the rest of the mod still works... you have to install it again without those files again tho. just don't ask me if the secret fights still works doing this beacouse i don't know.
Thanks but I think it is not that simple. If you just delete the diff files, the ini file will still contain the character and the game will try to load them, but then it will crash for not having the characters you deleted
For the raptor race...
modder101
Mortal

Post by modder101 »

does this still work with the latest patch of steam? 2021 july btw

Return to “Mortal Kombat 9 PC Gameplay Mods”