Modding xxx files

crafted-lightning
Mortal
Side: Darkness

Modding xxx files

Post by crafted-lightning »

So I did quite a few mods with Mortal Kombat X and learnt how to unpack the xxx files, etc. However, I can't do the same with the Injustice 2 xxx files, they won't unpack. On top of that I'm not sure I can even find the right files. Example in Mortal Kombat X the texture files for each character were stored in files called: 'CHAR_JaxJ_B.xxx'. This example was Jacqui Briggs. There are some files like this in Injustice 2, example: 'CHAR_CaptainCold_A'. But then there are a lot of missing characters not listed. Anyway sorry for the ramble, anyone got any idea how to export the textures from injustice 2?

thethiny
Immortal
Side: Light
PSN: thethiny
XBox Live: thethiny

Re: Modding xxx files

Post by thethiny »

Can you send me a file? I don't have the game I can't look it up yet.

All of my Mortal Kombat 11 Mods are now unified under a Single Thread. Click The Image to go to the thread.
wyruzzah
Immortal

Post by wyruzzah »

Look at http://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7037. There is tool for extracting models with textures.
Life And Death
Mortal
PSN: Life__And__Death
XBox Live: Life And Death

Post by Life And Death »

thethiny wrote:Can you send me a file? I don't have the game I can't look it up yet.
Hit me up on twitter thethiny on what files you want, as for the original post if they didn't have the security on the game it wouldn't be a big deal. As for the CHAR_CaptainCold_A and a lot are missing I believe that's because those are the "Premier Skin" files. If your looking for the characters .xxx file I believe they are abbreviated to 2 letters so lets say your looking for Captain Cold then you would find him in the CC_MSTR.xxx file I believe those files are similar to the one's we messed with for MKX, MK9, Injustice where it was CHAR_"InsertCharacterName"_A (or B, or C or whatever it was). There is no costumes / skins in this game so it makes sense instead of making multiple files it's all just in one and the Primer Skins get their own like before (example from above CHAR_CaptainCold_A).

There is ways into the files, I haven't checked out wyruzzah website he linked but UncleFestor hooked me up to be able to get into the files. It's just repacking them to see if its possible to even mod anything.
Shaw
Mortal
PSN: KHTC_ArnKratos

Post by Shaw »

Life And Death wrote:
thethiny wrote:Can you send me a file? I don't have the game I can't look it up yet.
Hit me up on twitter thethiny on what files you want, as for the original post if they didn't have the security on the game it wouldn't be a big deal. As for the CHAR_CaptainCold_A and a lot are missing I believe that's because those are the "Premier Skin" files. If your looking for the characters .xxx file I believe they are abbreviated to 2 letters so lets say your looking for Captain Cold then you would find him in the CC_MSTR.xxx file I believe those files are similar to the one's we messed with for MKX, MK9, Injustice where it was CHAR_"InsertCharacterName"_A (or B, or C or whatever it was). There is no costumes / skins in this game so it makes sense instead of making multiple files it's all just in one and the Primer Skins get their own like before (example from above CHAR_CaptainCold_A).

There is ways into the files, I haven't checked out wyruzzah website he linked but UncleFestor hooked me up to be able to get into the files. It's just repacking them to see if its possible to even mod anything.
I saw you in youtube. You know how to swap character models and supermoves. There is no tutorial how to do that bro. Me and thethiny would be very appreciated if you will help us how to do this =)
duc5
Mortal

Post by duc5 »

Now that Injustice 2 is cracked, can anyone help me decompress ui_c_buttonLib.xxx? I tried to use what I have for MK10 but it didn't work, the link in this topic didn't work either, script error.
unkellsam
Mortal

Post by unkellsam »

duc5 wrote:Now that Injustice 2 is cracked, can anyone help me decompress ui_c_buttonLib.xxx? I tried to use what I have for MK10 but it didn't work, the link in this topic didn't work either, script error.
Did you manage to figure this out? I'l like to do the PS3 button mod for MK 11.

Return to “Injustice 2 PC Modding Tutorials and Discussions”