Interview With Steve Richie, The Mortal Kombat Announcer

Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Interview With Steve Richie, The Mortal Kombat Announcer

Post by Roy Arkon »

Across the history of the early Mortal Kombat games, which are of course Mortal Kombat 1 to Mortal Kombat Trilogy, one thing that was in common with all of them was the menacing announcer, who was heard in every match with the iconic lines such as "FIGHT!" and "FINISH HIM!", and was also the voice of Shao Kahn in the games after MK1. That voice was of none other then Steve Richie, an acclaimed Pinball and video game designer who worked at the same building that Ed Boon and John Tobias were working on the Mortal Kombat games at, and was asked by them to record these lines for the MK games, from MK2 to MKT, as well as Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks. Richie was also the man who suggested to change the "C" in the term "Combat" to "K", which lead to the creation of the name Mortal Kombat.

Great Big Story has conducted an interview with Richie. In this interview, he talks about his work on the MK games, his work on Pinball machines and more. You can watch the interview right here below:
Credit to Shoryuken.com

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Lord Dragu
Master

Re: Interview With Steve Richie, The Mortal Kombat Announcer

Post by Lord Dragu »

why is video gone?
DaTeHaCKs now stands against sites like GameFaqs where their staff doesn't respect their members opinion, delete threads without a warning, delete posts without a warning, doesn't respect people's opinions and directly infract user accounts just making a complain or trying to contact Administrators. The Moderator Staff of GameFaqs/GameSpot is a bunch of ass losers who deserve no such status. Playing with a moderator/admin status like a gun is a way to show how big cowards they are.
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

Lord Dragu wrote:why is video gone?
I don't know mate, no idea why they've deleted the video.
Lord Dragu
Master

Post by Lord Dragu »

Damm. I like this guy he is cool. I heard he got deaf or something. Definitely I miss his voice in new MKs :)
DaTeHaCKs now stands against sites like GameFaqs where their staff doesn't respect their members opinion, delete threads without a warning, delete posts without a warning, doesn't respect people's opinions and directly infract user accounts just making a complain or trying to contact Administrators. The Moderator Staff of GameFaqs/GameSpot is a bunch of ass losers who deserve no such status. Playing with a moderator/admin status like a gun is a way to show how big cowards they are.
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

Lord Dragu wrote:Damm. I like this guy he is cool. I heard he got deaf or something. Definitely I miss his voice in new MKs :)
How did he go deaf? Any source link? He didn't seem like that in the video.
Lord Dragu
Master

Post by Lord Dragu »

Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

Oh wow, that's really bad. Thanks for the link, I didn't know, but once again it's sad.
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

Great Big Story updated the video, I only now saw that they did that, but better late then never. So I've updated the news post, plus corrected a few details in it.
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

Somehow I missed the story years ago. Truly sad to hear about it. That proves once again that we are all simply human.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster

Return to “News Articles”