thethiny
Immortal
Side: Light
PSN: thethiny
XBox Live: thethiny

MKX Difference Patcher

Post by thethiny »

This new tool is aimed towards everyone who creates a skin/mesh swap...etc

Instead of doing a mesh swap then renaming the strings and uploading it here to the website, you do that for yourself, then create a "Difference" file that is 1 or 2 MB and upload it here, users will then download your file and restore it with the base file.

This serves a similar purpose of creating a texture file and uploading it here and asking the users to inject it themselves.

Note: Works for smaller/larger file sizes, but will not be optimal.

How to use:
Modders:
Download diff_creator_Batch.exe and use it.
diff_creator_Batch.zip
(283.45 KiB) Downloaded 827 times
You can either use it directly, or use it with CMD with parameters.
Allowed parameters:
  • diff_creator_Batch BASE_FILE
  • diff_creator_Batch BASE_FILE MOD_FILE
  • diff_creator_Batch -b
  • diff_creator_Batch BASE_FILE MOD_FILE (anything here)
the 3rd & 4th ones are the same. What does it do? Allow you to specify batch size.

If your files looked something like this:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P
A B C D X F X H I J K L M N O P

then you can see that there are 2 differences. X instead of E and G.
So let's assume the batch size is '0'. Then the tool will log a difference for "X" to be replaced with "E". Then it will notice that F is correct, then it will log another difference for "X" to be replaced with "G". So a total of 2 logs. Each log is 9 bytes long, bringing the total to 18 (+the 2 replacements) which becomes then 20.

But if the batch size is "1", then it will allow for a padding of 1.
So it will log the first "X" instead of "E". Then it see "F" which is correct. But since the batch size is 1, then the "1st" correct one is also counted as a difference. Then it will notice that there is another difference after it, which is "X" instead of "G". So it will note that too. Then the one after it "H" is correct, so it will be counted as a difference as well. The next one is "I" which is correct, so logging stops here. The tool will log a difference of "4" starting with X and ending with I. So it is 1 log + the 4 replacements, bringing the total to 13, down from 20.

What is the purpose of it? Basically to tone-down unnecessary logs that can be avoided.

THE DEFAULT IS 4. REFER TO THE TOOL ITSELF FOR RECOMMENDED SIZES.

How to use this with mesh swapping?
Basically you rename Scorpion for example to Subzero, then you use the generic renamer to replace the strings. Then you use this tool, having Scorpion as the base file, and the newly mesh swapped subzero as the Mod.

Mod Users:
Download diff_restore.exe and use it
diff_restore.zip
(282.93 KiB) Downloaded 624 times
Get the two files provided by the mod creator (.diff and .difflog). Then get the Base File (from your game) that the mod is based on (such as Subzero_N for the UMK3 Subzero Skin). Then use the tool and type the name of the base file, and the name of the mod files.

If the mod was called "SubzeroMK3.xxx.diff" and the base model was CHAR_Subzero_N.xxx
then you use the tool stating first CHAR_Subzero_N.xxx and next SubzerMK3.xxx (without the .diff at the end).

I know this is tough to explain, so here's a video demonstrating how to use. First part is for Modders, Middle part is for Users, last part is explaining batch.

All of my Mortal Kombat 11 Mods are now unified under a Single Thread. Click The Image to go to the thread.
UncleFestor
Grand Master
Side: Darkness

Re: MKX Difference Patcher

Post by UncleFestor »

Awesome work. Thanks :)
Check out my Youtube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/unclefestorable
DickChapy
Warrior

Post by DickChapy »

This is great
thethiny
Immortal
Side: Light
PSN: thethiny
XBox Live: thethiny

Post by thethiny »

Kind of late to the party though, lol. If I2 comes to PC, then this works with it.

All of my Mortal Kombat 11 Mods are now unified under a Single Thread. Click The Image to go to the thread.
euromhungary
Mortal

Post by euromhungary »

Please, can you help me? Unfortunately it doesn`t work for me. I mean I`m only a user of the mod, not a creator. I downloaded 2 mods (1 skin mod, especially for d`Vorah`s modified wretch costume, and 1 stage mod, especially a modified training room). I did exactly how you did in the "for mod users" part of your video. E.g. in case of the costume mod, I get the base file from my Asset folder and I get the 2 mod files (.diff and .difflog) from the decompressed mod file, and the diff restore programme. I put all of these files in one separated folder. I opened the diff restore and I typed exactly the same name of the base file. Secondly, as the modified file, I typed exactly the name of the mod file, but without the .diff ending, as you did in the video. I started patching, it ended well, and as in your video, it created a .xxx file with the same name as the .diff file but without the .diff ending exactly the same way as in your video. And that`s the point where I don`t know what`s next (and you didn`t mention anything in the video, just "your mod is ready to use"). So what should I do next? Put all of the files back to Asset folder? Or just one of the files? I tried out some solutions but none of them worked. If I put back the original file and the .xxx mod file back to Asset folder, nothing happens, nothing has been modified. If I put only the .xxx mod file back to the folder, then when I want to choose the character`s modified costume, it immediately exits to windows automatically. If I put only the original file back to the folder, I`m at the same situation as in the very beginning, nothing happened. So do I do something wrongly and I miss out a step? Or is there anything wrong with my game version (latest 3DM cracked version). There were other mods without the difference patcher, only replacing the original files, they worked for me, but that difference patcher modification doesn`t work. Please, can you help me giving advice? Thank you for your help in advance.

Return to “Mortal Kombat X PC Modding Tools”