BinaryBlobJPEGSSSSS EDITING AND INJECTING,ANY HELPPP? PS3

Pantelis
Mortal
Side: Light

BinaryBlobJPEGSSSSS EDITING AND INJECTING,ANY HELPPP? PS3

Post by Pantelis »

Hey guys is there any way that I can edit the vsscreen images of the dlc characters?I have cloned a dlc character and I took their ui as a reference but I cannot get my new BinaryBlobJPEG image to work with the game,cause everytime I open the select screen,it just shows me a black screen,like if the game not recognising the package anymore.I know it works because Tetzrep has already created some JPEGS for Shao,Kintaro and Goro but he never told anyone how he did it,he just vanished :roll:.I have used some tools before like the MKjpgfix and Generic Injector but these programms only work for pc(I tested it,they do work unlike ps3).All i get on my xxx file when using these programs is added bullshit like many JRIS text,which they were not added before the process.Has anyone ever managed to do it on the ps3?

Btw does anyone know how can I talk to Tetzrep?

zepterrian
Grand Master

Re: BinaryBlobJPEGSSSSS EDITING AND INJECTING,ANY HELPPP? PS

Post by zepterrian »

have you edited the file? if you did there was an option for saving your new jpg image that needs to be set to "standard". It is in the same small window that opens to let you choose the image quality before saving it. There was a similar problem here with the alpha texture https://www.mksecrets.net/forums/eng/vi ... &start=135
For the raptor race...
Pantelis
Mortal

Post by Pantelis »

Hello zepterian,I have already fixed that issue but thank you for your suggestion,I've seen you helping many people with mods on this site a long time ago,you did a great job.It just seems I've learned a ton of cool things about the game those past three months and I'm planning on making a guide specifically targeted for the PS3 on how to create a DLC character,how to swap character intros,outros,sfx's,fatalities and much more,including this one.Even some guy from the MKX community(god bless him,he is such a nice guy) taught me how to rebuild packages from scratch.What that means is you will basically be able to add content inside most cooked XXX files exactly the way tetzrep made the bosses icons and jpeg pictures for the game
Last edited by Pantelis on Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zepterrian
Grand Master

Post by zepterrian »

Sounds like an amazing idea. Ps3 stuff here would be definitely amazing. It has been quite some time since i hadn't come over here yes, and thanks for your nice words. I'll be waiting for your guides in such case :) . Tbh I am really curious about how you rebuild packages from scratch, that will be super interesting.
I've met really cool guys in the ps scene too. If you ever get in touch with GrimDoe, he is an awesome guy. We very often talk and right now he's on the ps4 side. He's been dedicated to ps modding for mortal kombat too.
Glad to hear you got through your issues! Cheers!
For the raptor race...
Pantelis
Mortal

Post by Pantelis »

Yes package rebuilding was kinda tricky to learn,it took me nearly 4 days after a lot of chatting back and forth with this guy to understand the main concept of such files.It seems I had no clue whatsover and I was complicating things but eventually I got it,there is a lot of offset and string altering going on and if you are working with big in size files for example char files,it is very time consuming and it can get very complicated(I think it is almost impossible when specifically working with char files,cause there is a ton of entries and stuff going on and when you edit one thing,you edit all the other ones too).Despite it is really exciting I had only been able to alter the UI_PS_VS_JPEGS_PS3 and UI_PS_VS_PS3 files so far cause it takes a lot of time.There are many things we can do with this game but sadly most people are either bored or don't know.OMG yesss I've met Grim Doe before,such a helpful and awesome guy too.I was looking for a way to change the bloodcolor in one of the characters but every bms script I had used,that was meant to change the color was not finding anything.So Grim instantly gave me the link to one of his scripts and suddenly the script was working(I think he might just have already updated it a while ago but I'm not sure,he is the only one that knows it cause I know nothing about coding)
zepterrian
Grand Master

Post by zepterrian »

Oh you know him haha. Yes, he is pretty much committed to ps mk. One of his common works is the RTM tool. A cool app that works as an all in one mod allowing you to modify several things in game. And one of the most brilliant things he also achieved was the instant fatalities mod. And fatalities on bosses. Really cool exclusive stuff for PS definitely.
For the raptor race...
MFS
Warrior

Re: BinaryBlobJPEGSSSSS EDITING AND INJECTING,ANY HELPPP? PS3

Post by MFS »

Hi everyone, I have the same problem - the select screen in my MKKE on PS3 won't show up and the game freezes after I use MKJpgfix & inject the new file back in UI_VS_PS_JPEGS_PS3.XXX archive. So is there any secret to make it work? I used the hint from zepterrian's post (choose "standard" in Photoshop during saving) but no result. And after MKjpgfix my new file looks slightly different in hex editor than the original files. I'm trying all day and no positive result, maybe anyone knows what else should I do to make it work?
Telegram: @mfskhaos
zepterrian
Grand Master

Post by zepterrian »

I can recommend you to get in touch with Grim Doe. He is a ps3 modder. He can probably help you out whit this one. PS3 modding tools are different than those of pc. I think you can find him in mksecrets' discord too.
For the raptor race...
MFS
Warrior

Post by MFS »

Thanks, but looks like Pantelis already asked him about it on YouTube and he doesn’t know. But the most crazy thing is that everything works just fine in the demo version of MK9 on PS3. I didn’t even use MKjpgfix tool, just added the original header to my new .jpeg, imported it to .XXX-archive and the vs screen works. So why the game crashes in full version? It’s the same game & the files with VS-portraits are identical (demo version had vs screens of all the characters). Very strange case…
Telegram: @mfskhaos
zepterrian
Grand Master

Post by zepterrian »

MFS wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:28 am Thanks, but looks like Pantelis already asked him about it on YouTube and he doesn’t know. But the most crazy thing is that everything works just fine in the demo version of MK9 on PS3. I didn’t even use MKjpgfix tool, just added the original header to my new .jpeg, imported it to .XXX-archive and the vs screen works. So why the game crashes in full version? It’s the same game & the files with VS-portraits are identical (demo version had vs screens of all the characters). Very strange case…
And I guess you also take in count the toc file right? I mean, the file that tracks every file size.

Unfortunately I have almost no experience in modding mk9 on ps3, sorry.

If you somehow solve it please let me know. I already ask to some persons that I know too, in case they do know how to do this. If I get good news I'll be letting you know.
For the raptor race...

Return to “Mortal Kombat 9 PS3 Modding”