MKX Package Repacker [File Appendor For Now]

thethiny
Immortal
Side: Light
PSN: thethiny
XBox Live: thethiny

Re: MKX Package Repacker [File Appendor For Now]

Post by thethiny »

Yes... but 0x50 must not be changed, it is 0x51 not 0x50. So DC 98 02 00 must become DD 98 02 00 not 01 DC 98 02

All of my Mortal Kombat 11 Mods are now unified under a Single Thread. Click The Image to go to the thread.
thethiny
Immortal

Post by thethiny »

Yes... but 0x50 must not be changed, it is 0x51 not 0x50. So DC 98 02 00 must become DD 98 02 00 not 01 DC 98 02

All of my Mortal Kombat 11 Mods are now unified under a Single Thread. Click The Image to go to the thread.
wyruzzah
Immortal

Post by wyruzzah »

Oh yes, it was mistake.. it happens me some time, thanks for correction :)
thethiny
Immortal

Post by thethiny »

Anytime :P Tell me if it worked or not.

wyruzzah
Immortal

Post by wyruzzah »

Well i found that i need change two first strings - CHAR.Kitana.CHAR_Kitana_M to TanyaDLC.CHAR_TanyaDLC_A :D So i need add overall value +4 to same places like before, but how value will look if its example C8 42 03 00 - it will be just D2 42 03 00 ? Anyway still many (atleast 10) Kitana strings remains.. and i cant change them anywhere in NameTable, ExportTable, but i dont know how they are important to be character playable.
thethiny
Immortal

Post by thethiny »

wyruzzah wrote:Well i found that i need change two first strings - CHAR.Kitana.CHAR_Kitana_M to TanyaDLC.CHAR_TanyaDLC_A :D So i need add overall value +4 to same places like before, but how value will look if its example C8 42 03 00 - it will be just D2 42 03 00 ? Anyway still many (atleast 10) Kitana strings remains.. and i cant change them anywhere in NameTable, ExportTable, but i dont know how they are important to be character playable.
No.

You see, you ARE CORRECT, but the string you talked about is stupid. The game says CHAR.Kitana.CHAR_Kitana_M. It is a useless long string that you can "SAFELY" replace with CHAR_Kitana_M. (That's how I made the MESH of RAIN appear on the PS, I renamed NPC.Rain.Rain_A to CHAR_Rain_A).
So if you want to convert that to Tanya then simply replace CHAR.Kitana.CHAR_Kitana_M with CHAR_TanyaDLC_A. That's enough and null the rest (fill with 0).

wyruzzah
Immortal

Post by wyruzzah »

thethiny wrote:
wyruzzah wrote:Well i found that i need change two first strings - CHAR.Kitana.CHAR_Kitana_M to TanyaDLC.CHAR_TanyaDLC_A :D So i need add overall value +4 to same places like before, but how value will look if its example C8 42 03 00 - it will be just D2 42 03 00 ? Anyway still many (atleast 10) Kitana strings remains.. and i cant change them anywhere in NameTable, ExportTable, but i dont know how they are important to be character playable.
No.

You see, you ARE CORRECT, but the string you talked about is stupid. The game says CHAR.Kitana.CHAR_Kitana_M. It is a useless long string that you can "SAFELY" replace with CHAR_Kitana_M. (That's how I made the MESH of RAIN appear on the PS, I renamed NPC.Rain.Rain_A to CHAR_Rain_A).
So if you want to convert that to Tanya then simply replace CHAR.Kitana.CHAR_Kitana_M with CHAR_TanyaDLC_A. That's enough and null the rest (fill with 0).
Oh i did not knew this trick and that i can change it to just one string. Thanks much man :D

EDIT: Now character works ok, thanks for all tips man, just few sounds missing, and maybe effects too, i will try fix that and her face needs some eye fixes in Intro, Victory and some kind of yellow klassic reskin is out :)
Attachments
Fast reskin.. still i need lower yellow brightness little bit and place weapons to some proper parts :)
Fast reskin.. still i need lower yellow brightness little bit and place weapons to some proper parts :)
MK10 2016-05-11 04-10-17-49.jpg
thethiny
Immortal

Post by thethiny »

wyruzzah wrote:
thethiny wrote:
No.

Oh i did not knew this trick and that i can change it to just one string. Thanks much man :D

EDIT: Now character works ok, thanks for all tips man, just few sounds missing, and maybe effects too, i will try fix that and her face needs some eye fixes in Intro, Victory and some kind of yellow klassic reskin is out :)
Well sounds need fix of the package name to NONE. Effects need replacement of FX_ and SND_ strings.

wyruzzah
Immortal

Post by wyruzzah »

Which package string name exactly and just with hex editing? Also i encountered problem when i select this swaped Tanya against Kitana, Kitana not show in player select, so i changed string CharID_Kitana to CharID_TanyaDLC and Kitana_grp to TanyaDLC_grp with adding value +4 to header part, but now when i select Tanya game stops, if this not works, i dont know how will i be able change atleast 20 remaining Kitana strings :(
thethiny
Immortal

Post by thethiny »

You can't extend thos grp and ID, because when you do that you change the files, not the name table, which means the header doesn't change at all. I can explain to you later when my hand is healed.
Anyways, for the player select, the ini CHARACTESETTINGS.char_name_costume must have the same name of the file, and the mesh name must match the second CHAR_name_costume in the file.
Example: You will find
Kitana Kitana_A Kitana_B
if the file is called Char_Kitana_B then mesh name= Kitana_B.
And the string you edited earlier must also match that which wqill cause it to appear on the PS Screen. You will find the same thing in the scriptassets file though to get a look of what the inernals should look like.

And BTW, I forgot to tell you that you also need to edit the first entry in the export table, add +1 to the offset, then use my offset fixer AFTER you fix the header.

These also need to be converted from little endian to big endian (01 02 03 becomes 03 02 01)

wyruzzah
Immortal

Post by wyruzzah »

Oh, i wish you soon hand recovery. Anyway its starts to be little hardcore for my low hex editing skills :D I fixed that default Kitana (KLASSIC) mesh appearing against this edited Tanya (KITANA SWAP), so i just need to fix sounds and one effect (her vanish effect), but still i dont know what meant by 'Well sounds need fix of the package name to NONE' :D
thethiny
Immortal

Post by thethiny »

Each Package file is basically an empty file that refers to the name table 'NONE'.
The vanish effect probably is called FX_ Something.

wyruzzah
Immortal

Post by wyruzzah »

Thx, again and about FX prefix i know, but can you tell me just where do i change package to NONE or with what? Like crazy examples "You will edit name table and change string Package word to NONE." or "You will grab audio.package file and edit file to be empty and inject it." or i dont know.. just be more specific, like im totally stupid, because i just dont know where :D
thethiny
Immortal

Post by thethiny »

It is a file called "anything.PACKAGE"that is very small.

wyruzzah
Immortal

Post by wyruzzah »

There is audio.package file that is 8 kb, but how do i change it to NONE.package as you said..thats what im still asking :)? With your Package Adjuster i found that Package Audio (audio.package) is on F5B9F offset, so its 9F 5B 0F in Little Endian.. can i just change that to default Tanya's offset to be her sounds fixed?

Return to “Mortal Kombat X PC Modding Tools”