rizzn
Apprentice
Side: Darkness
PSN: rizzn1

MKX ModManager 1.0.4 [GUI Version]

Post by rizzn »

MKX ModManager 1.0.4 [GUI Version]
Supported languages: EN/DE/ES

This tool is helping to take sort of all Mods, install and backup them automatically
with a few clicks. You also have the ability to select which Mods should be installed.
As usual your game must be running to install Mods properly!

(Thx to a.martin for spanish translation & UncleFestor for testing!)

Image Image Image Image

WATCH VIDEO

[quote]
Installation How-To:
[list]
[*]Extract the Installer inside "MKX_ModManager_1.0.4.zip" to any location on your PC
[*]If you create desktop shortcuts the "Mods/" and "Downloads/" folders are also added as shortcuts[/list]
[/quote]
[quote]
SKYPE USERS!
This is very important for users which are running Skype beside the ModManager. Skype uses Port 80 which is needed. Check this link to change your Skype settings and make the ModManager running. Skype will still run as usual!
[/quote]
[attachment=0]MKX_ModManager_1.0.4.zip[/attachment]
Attachments
MKX_ModManager_1.0.4.zip
ZIP conaints an Installer file.
(30.99 MiB) Downloaded 7174 times
Last edited by rizzn on Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:55 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Image Image Image
xdante23
Mortal

Re: MKX ModManager 1.0.0 [GUI Version]

Post by xdante23 »

id recommend, just read instructions and setup is pretty easyas well
xdante23
Mortal

Post by xdante23 »

not sure if this is anything you can fix but on the webpage some of the mods have incorrect portraits. like the dvorah mod has a portrait of cassie cage, scorpion mod has a portrait of raiden, so on and so forth. for the most part it won't bother me though, just letting ya know for bug fixes
rizzn
Apprentice

Post by rizzn »

xdante23 wrote:not sure if this is anything you can fix but on the webpage some of the mods have incorrect portraits. like the dvorah mod has a portrait of cassie cage, scorpion mod has a portrait of raiden, so on and so forth. for the most part it won't bother me though, just letting ya know for bug fixes
Thanks for telling me, can you send me a screenshot via PM? And what Mods you used maybe. For me it works currently, but I'll try to see why it's displayed wrong.
Image Image Image
xdante23
Mortal

Post by xdante23 »

Alright np, also It'd be nice if you added a "Select All" button in the future
rizzn
Apprentice

Post by rizzn »

xdante23 wrote:Alright np, also It'd be nice if you added a "Select All" button in the future
I would add that, the problem is if you install more than one Mod of the same character.

For example: CHAR_SubZero_B.xxx

If you select all Mods and accidentally install two of the same character files, this can cause in a conflict with the Backup function. There's currently no function to automatically check this case. If I find a solution for this I'll add it.
Image Image Image
KingKRool2002
Warrior

Post by KingKRool2002 »

This looks really cool. I have one quick question about it:

Which characters/costume letters are changeable with this mod tool? Also, is there a way to either rename a modded costume to a different letter/costume or switch out costumes on character select screen (like in Super SF4 costume manager)? I'm just wondering cause Jason has a lot of cool mods, but he only has 1 costume in-game. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
xdante23
Mortal

Post by xdante23 »

KingKRool2002 wrote:This looks really cool. I have one quick question about it:

Which characters/costume letters are changeable with this mod tool? Also, is there a way to either rename a modded costume to a different letter/costume or switch out costumes on character select screen (like in Super SF4 costume manager)? I'm just wondering cause Jason has a lot of cool mods, but he only has 1 costume in-game. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
While using this you can have multiple mods of the same file, but you can only activate one for that current file at once.
say you have char_jason_a.xxx and you have like 3 mods for it, you can keep 3 files for it but only install one at a time or it'll mess up your backup file.
rizzn
Apprentice

Post by rizzn »

Update: MKX ModManager 1.0.1
- Added Auto-Update function
- Delete single Mods via GUI
- Fixed a bug where wrong avatars were displayed (thx xdante23)
- Settings: New section, see navigation
- Added .7z icon in Package Control
- Updated language files (EN/DE/ES) (thx a.martin)
KingKRool2002 wrote:Which characters/costume letters are changeable with this mod tool? Also, is there a way to either rename a modded costume to a different letter/costume or switch out costumes on character select screen (like in Super SF4 costume manager)? I'm just wondering cause Jason has a lot of cool mods, but he only has 1 costume in-game. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.
It's currently not possible to rename internal costume letters with this tool. And there's no way to add custom DLC slots yet. If this is possible in the future the tool can be extended.
Image Image Image
KingKRool2002
Warrior

Re: MKX ModManager 1.0.1 [GUI Version]

Post by KingKRool2002 »

Thank you for answering my questions, I really appreciate it. I have one more quick question, what happens if both players are the same costume (ie Goro vs Goro in Klassic Tower)? Will the game crash if there's a mirror match like this? I think it's just Goro, Jason, and Tanya that only have 1 costume so far. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

EDIT: I am having trouble getting the mod manager to work. It takes several attempts to ctrl+alt+del to the desktop (I am running MKX in fullscreen). After I got the mods I wanted installed, when I clicked on the minimized MKX window, nothing happens. About 1/4 of my screen has a black square on it (I'm assuming this is the MKX game screen), but there's no way to get back into the game. I had to manually end the MKX process, and now it keeps saying that I need to verify the game.

UPDATE: I got it to work by having the game in Windowed mode, but I don't know how to uninstall a mod. I don't see any option in the mod manager to uninstall a mod (besides deleting the entire Mod folder). My only option for Mods is Install.

If I quit the game, the next time I try to play it, it says that I need to verify it. How exactly do you uninstall/disable a mod? I saw the video, but I still don't know how to do it.

Also, why does it require me to type in the path for Temp, Mods, and MKX locations every time? I have MKX in a lot of sub-folders so it's really annoying having to re-type the whole path in each time. Is there any way to save the path locations?

Any help with this stuff would be greatly appreciated. It works great BTW.

Thanks.
rizzn
Apprentice

Post by rizzn »

@KingKRool2002:
Sorry for the late reply. To run the game in "Windowed" or "Fullscreen Windowed" mode is definitely the best solution to switch fast between both programs.

If you install Mods you should be brought to this screen. If this is not the case, there is a bug somewhere with the installation I guess.
http://imgur.com/GOyVwK7

It's also not usual to always re-type the pathes for "Mods" and "Temp" folders. They get written into an .ini file and everytime there's something to do in that folders, the script reads it from this file.

You can check the "localMachine.ini" also manually. Go to your MKX_ModManager folder and browse to:
bin/vdrive/web/include/localMachine.ini
If it's correctly filled, it should look like this:

Code: Select all

[LOCALMACHINE]
gameDir="C:\YourFolder\Steam\SteamApps\common\MK10\Asset"
modsDir="Mods/"
tempDir="Temp/"
showUpdates="1"
Image Image Image
KingKRool2002
Warrior

Post by KingKRool2002 »

I just get the Mods successful installed screen with the green icon after I install mods. Am I supposed to try to install a same-costume slot mod to get the posted screen? Whenever I install additional mods (or even install/click a mod again), I just get the Successfully Installed screen. I have the mods in the Mod folder in separate sub-folders (1 folder per mod). All mods were downloaded from this site. What am I doing wrong? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
rizzn
Apprentice

Post by rizzn »

Hotfix: MKX ModManager 1.0.2
- Added Tanya to character selection
- Added Tanya avatar/portrait
(Update is running through the ModManager)
@KingKRool2002:
If you install a Mod it is necessary to replace the game's original file:

CHAR_SubZero_B.xxx (with) CHAR_SubZero_B.xxx

(The backup file is in the ModManagers "Temp/" folder after replacing.)

If you install a Mod that's called CHAR_SubZero_B1.xxx for example, this WILL NOT work. It will copy the file to the game and tell you it's installed, because the copy process itself was correct. But the game doesn't have that file originally, so it will give you an verify check error upon your next restart of the game.

The ModManager can't compare the modded file and the original file in this case, so it will tell you everything is fine.

I will add a file check to the next update if I can fix this.

If this wasn't your problem you can also write a PM so I can help you out more detailed maybe.
Image Image Image
rizzn
Apprentice

Re: MKX ModManager 1.0.3 [GUI Version]

Post by rizzn »

Update: MKX ModManager 1.0.3
- Updated language files (EN/DE/ES)
- Added Drag & Drop installation for multiple .XXX files or single .ZIP archives
- Added file check before Mod installation (preventing wrong file names to be installed)
- Fixed a bug where the ModManager didn't show "Most are installed" message
- Automatic renaming uppercase .XXX file extensions to lowercase
- Install/delete single Mod files inside packages for testing purposes
- Create Mod packages as .ZIP files automatically
- Mediafire links in the library are now handled correct
- Steam profile support (achievements, friendlist, news) for MKX [1]

[1] Profile informations are only shown if your profile is set to public. Online status of your friends are only shown if they have their profile set to public. (This is a Steam Web API restriction!)

The ModManager has to be installed from a fresh download and can't be provided by auto-update, because ZWAMP system files were adjusted.
Image Image Image
rizzn
Apprentice

Re: MKX ModManager 1.0.4 [GUI Version]

Post by rizzn »

Update: MKX ModManager 1.0.4
- Fixed a display bug with transposed achievements
- Updated Documentation section
- Updated design
- NEW: Backup-Files section