I need help adding custom skins; new to modding

21roussa
Mortal

I need help adding custom skins; new to modding

Post by 21roussa »

I found some cool custom skins that I would like to add to the game. (MKXL Steam Version.) I know about tutorials but I'm having a hard time figuring out where to start and what files I should download (those files being the ones that actually allow modding), and all the tutorials have files that I don't have in my own game file (like the costume adder.) I would really appreciate some help from somebody to help me add some skins! Thank you!

thethiny
Immortal
Side: Light
PSN: thethiny
XBox Live: thethiny

Re: I need help adding custom skins; new to modding

Post by thethiny »

1- Coalesced tools.
Inside the config folder there's a file called COALESCED.INI, its purpose is to tell the game what is everything called and what is everything available. Example: How many skins and how many characters.
2- X64TOC.txt
In the main folder there's this file that contains all the files. Whenever you add a new item to the game, you have to add it to this file as well.
3- The above two files are encrypted, and each has their own tool. You can download them both. X64 tool is available with my NCM tools, and the ini tools are in the MK9 forums.
4- My NCM tool will take your game file, modify it, and produce only the difference. You need the game's file to patch it back.
5- In order to install a skin that you liked:
A) If it is an NCM mod, just recreate the NCM on your own using the letter provided by the skin, and then replace one of the files with the downloaded one,. Or if the files are provided, then you need to download them and place them in the game's files.
B) If it's a Replacer mod, then all you have to do is either replace it (use MKX Mod Manager) or make an NCM for it. I have video tutorials for how to create NCM.
6- Enjoy

All of my Mortal Kombat 11 Mods are now unified under a Single Thread. Click The Image to go to the thread.

Return to “Mortal Kombat X PC Modding Tools”