So, can we edit the variation indicators?

Pavijan
Mortal

So, can we edit the variation indicators?

Post by Pavijan »

Question for the modders: can we change the variation indicator models visually (not swap them, but edit them)?

Is it possible in general?

EDIT:

Can moderators please transfer this post to general modding discussion? I believe that it wold be more at place there...

thethiny
Immortal
Side: Light
PSN: thethiny
XBox Live: thethiny

Re: So, can we edit the variation indicators?

Post by thethiny »

What do you mean? What do you want to change exactly?

All of my Mortal Kombat 11 Mods are now unified under a Single Thread. Click The Image to go to the thread.
Aksel04izek
Warrior

Post by Aksel04izek »

thethiny i guess he means minor details (such as piece of clothes/weaponary/inventory) of characters depending on what variation you choose. for ex, green dripping acid on D'vorah in venomous variation / lack of eye bandage on Kenjutsu variation of Kenshi / ect...
Contact me via Image
thethiny
Immortal

Post by thethiny »

Aksel04izek wrote:thethiny i guess he means minor details (such as piece of clothes/weaponary/inventory) of characters depending on what variation you choose. for ex, green dripping acid on D'vorah in venomous variation / lack of eye bandage on Kenjutsu variation of Kenshi / ect...
Oh that. Each variation has its own materials. If you open the DIFF (texture) file, you can find in the Alpha and RGB Channels some colors. Each color is a material. You can repaint as much as you want. You can also edit the TRAIT_SCRIPTASSETS files.

All of my Mortal Kombat 11 Mods are now unified under a Single Thread. Click The Image to go to the thread.
Aksel04izek
Warrior

Post by Aksel04izek »

@Pavijan
Though I'ma dumbhead in modmaking, as far as I know, NO, it is impossible, if you mean 3D modelling.

Only texture editing here (on whole community); 3D models remain same though they look different because of "illusion-of-new-model" that realistic textures cause.
Contact me via Image
thethiny
Immortal

Post by thethiny »

Aksel04izek wrote:[...] "illusion-of-new-model".
And because of the Norm mask.

Pavijan
Mortal

Post by Pavijan »

Thank you both for answering. So, what I need is possible then...

I need a mod which replaces Shinnok's "bone hands" in Necromancer variation with simple green eyes (like he had in MK4: http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/vil ... 0328192334), nothing more than that.

I asked this before here but didn't get a proper answer.

Based on what you said it could be done by taking a "no variation" model and just paint the eyes in green, and put that as Necromancer indicator.

I have no knowledge of texturing, so can anyone of you awesome guys be bothered to do this for me? I would be very grateful for that. :)
Aksel04izek
Warrior

Post by Aksel04izek »

obviously, MK4 Shinnok by Omega already have green eyes
http://www.mksecrets.net/forums/eng/dow ... &mode=view
doesnt he?
Contact me via Image
Pavijan
Mortal

Post by Pavijan »

Aksel04izek wrote:obviously, MK4 Shinnok by Omega already have green eyes
http://www.mksecrets.net/forums/eng/dow ... &mode=view
doesnt he?
Yes, but I don't need new costume, i need VARIATION INDICATOR change. Main goal is to get rid of the stupid bone hands in Necromancer variation, and green eyes seem to be the easiest thing to replace it with. Also, for that they wold need to have more "glowing" color, or something like that, to be easier to distinguish during the fight.
thethiny
Immortal

Post by thethiny »

Get rid of bone hands? Hmmmm, I think you will have to copy Trait1 Of shinnok into Trait3 so you have both of them as trait 1. Or maybe rename them on the inside.

Return to “Mortal Kombat X Mod and Skin Requests”