thethiny
Immortal
Side: Light
PSN: thethiny
XBox Live: thethiny

Re: PC Kombat Pack 2 DLC Character Mod Request

Post by thethiny »

[quote="Mikeius4ever

Let us say that Netherrealm SHOULD NOT know this. After MK9 Modding Netherrealm Studios made sure that MKX Modding would be harder and it did. It took 9 months to make a DLC Manager for MKX . Consider also the fact that technology is constantly evolving , Netherrealm studios would be so mad that it could end in three ways

1) Copyright Lawsuit or at Least ban of all MKX Cracks
2) Making MK11 Code even harder
3) Making MK11 Not PC-Available (If you say that's impossible , well it is . The reason that KP2 for PC was abandoned even though there were already assets preparing its release was the small amount of people that bought the PC version of MKX. The reason? Well Cracks and Skidrow.[/quote]

Modding is legal.

Also MKX Modding is waaaaaaaay too easy. It took 9 months because I was in college and I didnt have MKX with me and unclefestor was waiting for the GOTY edition.
It literally took us 2 days to get a DLC Manager running with full character support.

All of my Mortal Kombat 11 Mods are now unified under a Single Thread. Click The Image to go to the thread.
Mikeius4ever
Mortal
Side: Darkness

Post by Mikeius4ever »

thethiny wrote:[quote="Mikeius4ever

Let us say that Netherrealm SHOULD NOT know this. After MK9 Modding Netherrealm Studios made sure that MKX Modding would be harder and it did. It took 9 months to make a DLC Manager for MKX . Consider also the fact that technology is constantly evolving , Netherrealm studios would be so mad that it could end in three ways

1) Copyright Lawsuit or at Least ban of all MKX Cracks
2) Making MK11 Code even harder
3) Making MK11 Not PC-Available (If you say that's impossible , well it is . The reason that KP2 for PC was abandoned even though there were already assets preparing its release was the small amount of people that bought the PC version of MKX. The reason? Well Cracks and Skidrow.

watches the answer
goes to his post
clicks edit
squeeze's Backspace
feels embarrassed -_-
Kid
Mortal

Post by Kid »

so when we patch the Game with a legit dlc ,we add the Characters .xxx + the script .mko (move/fatal.etc) ,the ending and all that stuff ,right?
...but is the installer ain't add in every other Character/Script/Files new Lines to 'Fit iN' the new DLC Character to the Game ,right?
and so many new stuff came up with the updates like GAME Fixes,KombatKards,Brutalitys/Stage,even new intros and easter eggs...

-THiS GAME CHANGED! :shock:
Tyrannikal
Mortal

Post by Tyrannikal »

Last edited by Tyrannikal on Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dark Kahn
Apprentice
PSN: Appolon

Post by Dark Kahn »

Wait news Kombat Pack 2 PC
Killer Potato
Master

Post by Killer Potato »

About the cracks,don't forget about Denuvo(an anti-piracy system which wasn't cracked to this day).
Doing stuff on MKX since 2016,and still doing stuff from time to time.
Mostly porting stuff on CoD
All the MKX mods I've done
Beau_Of_Blades
Mortal

Post by Beau_Of_Blades »

Well, 2 days away from here/computer to interact with people for tabletop game seems to have been worth it here. Still a sliver of hope at least the news of extracting KP2 and trying to crack open it for PC.
UncleFestor
Grand Master

Post by UncleFestor »

Tyrannikal wrote:People seem to forget that MKX has it's limits. Correct me if I'm wrong, but making a "perfect port" of Kombat Pack 2 to PC will be literally impossible.
For one, they're console-exclusive and therefore have a completely different file structure and general formatting compared to the PC version. You would need to convert every single file into a compatible equivalent for PC. Some of those files will be easier than others to grab (textures, sounds, text strings...), though other core files (data for a character's animations, etc.) won't go quite as smoothly.
Another thing to remember is that MKX has pretty infantile modding capabilities. The most we can do is add another couple of skins, or make an NPC playable. Based off my understanding, you can't add a brand new model, or add brand new animations, or anything like that. No single mod so far has actually truly added absolute "new content" to the game - every mod is a texture change of something that already exists, SFX swap of already existent sounds, a character reskin, a mesh swap, or an NPC like Sindel, Rain or Baraka swapped in for another (already playable) character.
This situation with people begging for nice guys like UncleFestor and thethiny to bring Triborg and friends to the PC platform is mirroring the (futile!) demand for Kratos on PC, back in the ol' MK9 modding days. Even if they had the files (which is troublesome to convert to say the least), they couldn't add them in if they wanted. It's a long, difficult process to make mods like that, considering all of the content that needs to be fit in. Just look at the Story Pack mod, which wasn't exactly an easy feat to throw together. It looks like the most we can do for now is reskin a few characters.
Who knows, though? I could be dead wrong - things could change and within the next couple of months we could see some manifestation of Kombat Pack 2 for PC as a completed mod. I'm pretty skeptical though.
TL;DR - don't nonstop bother modders about KP2 for PC. It's complex, time-consuming, and might not even work in the end.
Yes & No ?!?

It's not a matter of adding custom/new content. That's the more difficult part. Porting from a console version would actually be easier & more functional than creating a Character/Mesh from scratch. Simple reason being Unreal Engine games require that the Files be cooked in the same Engine Version. MKX was created on a heavily modified version of UE3 Which is why there's no custom models for MKX, but we already have some in SFV. The Console versions were built on the same engine as the PC version. So porting them, although it will be extremely time consuming, would yield much better results than attempting to add Custom Models. We'll never be able to add custom Animations as those need to be added through UE in order to work properly, but we can surely port them from a console version.
Check out my Youtube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/unclefestorable
mpigeon
Mortal

Post by mpigeon »

Any progress on the port?
I am the majestic pigeon a beginner modder
thethiny
Immortal
PSN: thethiny
XBox Live: thethiny

Post by thethiny »

mpigeon wrote:Any progress on the port?
Checklist:
  • Obtain the files. Check
  • Find the Decompression method. NO (Same that winrar uses)
  • Decompres the Files. NO
  • Find the encryption key for PS4. NO
  • Use the AES TitleUpdate Encryption Key. NO
  • Decrypt the Files. NO
  • Check the structure of the files and how the package works. NO
  • Find the exact files needed. NO
  • Port the Chars. NO
  • Support KP2 + SKP/KP3. NO/Impossible.

All of my Mortal Kombat 11 Mods are now unified under a Single Thread. Click The Image to go to the thread.
zepterrian
Grand Master

Post by zepterrian »

hmm.. is that a to-do list? :)
For the raptor race...
Kid
Mortal

Post by Kid »

hey don't blame me :?
I'm a newbie :shock:

'Em Start reading the "Autodesk" Manual :lol:
SK247
Mortal

Post by SK247 »

Any more progress?
mpigeon
Mortal

Post by mpigeon »

SK247 wrote:Any more progress?
Ed boon recently responded to a tweeted a photo talking about how netherrealm studios about how he screwed pc over by not porting kp2/mkxl with the response saying
1. you are uninformed
2. learn to spell
3. mac version coming soon

so yeah (i found this on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrCxJI91GWQ this video)
I am the majestic pigeon a beginner modder
Kid
Mortal

Post by Kid »

--->CASE CLOSED! XL PACK OUT FOR PC!<---

Return to “Mortal Kombat X Mod and Skin Requests”