Register    Login    Search   View active topics    FAQ

Post subject: Can variation models be swapped?
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:17 am 
Mortal

PSN: InterestingMK
XBox Live: InterestingMK
For example, can Kitana's assassin variation model be swapped with the Edenian Princess variation, so that she can still have her mask on and the Edenian special moves?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Can variation models be swapped?
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:05 pm 
Immortal

Side: Light
PSN: thethiny
XBox Live: thethiny
Rename the files.
Kitana_Trait1_Scriptasserts
and (in the MKO Folder)
Trait1_kitana
to whatever you want.

Under the US Copyright Law, I am given full ownership of anything I create or do, hence I own ownership of my mods. I hereby give these mods for FREE to anyone who is willing to download them for any purpose under the condition that they do not try to sell them or gain benefits in any way, and if they're going to upload a video or showcase them, they MUST provide a download link to this mod (hence the term Free). Credit not necessary but don't claim as your own or somebody else's.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:16 pm 
Mortal

Thank you so much man! I greatly appreciate it. What would the name of the no variation file be, if I want to play as Edenian Kitana but with her no variation model?

Edit: I swapped the Kitana1 and Kitana2 files. Kitana has her mask on, but doesn't have any special variation moves. Which Trait_Kitana1 file do I rename in the MK Scripts folder? There's three of them with the same name but a different file format.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:26 pm 
Immortal

InterestingMK wrote:
Thank you so much man! I greatly appreciate it. What would the name of the no variation file be, if I want to play as Edenian Kitana but with her no variation model?

Edit: I swapped the Kitana1 and Kitana2 files. Kitana has her mask on, but doesn't have any special variation moves. Which Trait_Kitana1 file do I rename in the MK Scripts folder? There's three of them with the same name but a different file format.

You need to rename the mko one.

As for the other question, the varation with no varation is the _SCRIPTASSETS one.
Example:
CHAR_Subzero_Sciriptassets is no variation
Trait1 is the middle variation
Trait2 is the left variation
Trait3 is the right variation.

If you want to give the "no variation" look to Trait3 for example, then you copy the scriptassets and rename them to Subzero_Trait3_Scriptassets or sth like that.

However, you might notice that it MIGHT not work.

Open the file in a hex editor (after you decompress it), and you will find inside a reference to the MKO. Simply rename the MKO from Trait2 for example to Trait1 and stuff like that.

Under the US Copyright Law, I am given full ownership of anything I create or do, hence I own ownership of my mods. I hereby give these mods for FREE to anyone who is willing to download them for any purpose under the condition that they do not try to sell them or gain benefits in any way, and if they're going to upload a video or showcase them, they MUST provide a download link to this mod (hence the term Free). Credit not necessary but don't claim as your own or somebody else's.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:06 am 
Apprentice

^ I tried this with Goro -- swapping trait-1 for trait-3, and the .mko files as well -- but the character loses some special attacks (e.g., ground pound, chest lunge) and then crash when attempting others (e.g., grab-pound).

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:04 pm 
Immortal

Oh yes. Due to conflict with the original moves. Just oopen the coalesced.ini and swap from there, there is a section for that :D It should work. Rename them from there. I'm sorry for the mistake.

Use COALESCED unpacker to unpack everything. Then open the game file and search for
Goro.CharacterSettings or sth like that
then you will find TRAIT1 TRAIT2 TRAIT3, simply swap them :D

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:47 pm 
Mortal

I actually tried that way earlier. I swapped Trait1 and Trait2 for Kitana and the Trait1 and Trait2 varation looks carry over with their special moves, unfortunately.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:00 pm 
Mortal

I was looking through other topic forums for fun and saw that UncleFestor had made a masked Royal Storm variant Kitana for her default and feudal costume. The file used is the same as any other skin mod file, but the mask is actually on the face and not painted on. I wonder what files were edited to do that. It's cool but dang it! I wish one of them was the MK2 Kitana cause that one is my favorite one to play as.

viewtopic.php?f=94&t=8180&p=83054&hilit=royal+storm+with+mask#p83054

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:35 pm 
Immortal

He swapped the _nomask material with the _mask material. He has a tutorial

Post Posted: Tue May 01, 2018 7:47 pm 
Mortal

Where are the files to those or what exactly are they called?

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2018 5:28 am 
Immortal

they're inside the .xxx files, follow uncle festor's ADVANCED tutorials in the tutorials section for a step y step video.

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2018 7:28 pm 
Mortal

May I have a link to the tutorials? I aplogize if it sounds like I'm asking a lot. I looked through his videos on YouTube and could tell which one it might be. I'll check again though.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2018 2:44 pm 
Immortal

viewtopic.php?f=93&t=8182

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2018 8:57 pm 
Mortal

How do I decompressed the XXX character file? What program do I use for it?

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sat May 12, 2018 6:01 am 
Immortal

InterestingMK wrote:
How do I decompressed the XXX character file? What program do I use for it?

Unreal Decompressor. http://www.gildor.org/downloads