MKXHook

Resident_Stevil
Mortal

Re: MKXHook (NPCs and more) | Works with latest Steam update

Post by Resident_Stevil »

Is there some way this could remove the black bars from cutscenes for ultrawide resolutions?

AkaD
Mortal

Post by AkaD »

Resident_Stevil wrote:Is there some way this could remove the black bars from cutscenes for ultrawide resolutions?
There's a way for it. Check on pcgamingwiki. That's for the gameplay cutscenes, not story cutscenes.
AkaD
Mortal

Post by AkaD »

@ermaccer

Is there a way to disable that sweat shader on textures after fight? Can you do something about it?

At the start of the fight characters look great, at the end not so much. No matter the resolution that sweat looks bad...

I looking for a way to disable it and have no sweat visible in gameplay.
Resident_Stevil
Mortal

Post by Resident_Stevil »

AkaD wrote:
Resident_Stevil wrote:Is there some way this could remove the black bars from cutscenes for ultrawide resolutions?
There's a way for it. Check on pcgamingwiki. That's for the gameplay cutscenes, not story cutscenes.
Tried it already. Doesn't work with the latest update.
Asicantthinkofaname
Apprentice
Side: Light
PSN: whats a psn?
XBox Live: idk

Post by Asicantthinkofaname »

Amari1976 wrote:Hi ermaccer.

Thanks for putting your time into this mod.
I have the 0.305-05.125430.1 version.
The mod is not working for me.
The game is not launching when I put those files in the game directory.
this is steam only sorry this tool dosent work for pirated verisons of the game
tsbman
Mortal

Post by tsbman »

I think today's update broke this. Can't launch the game.
kyo_kusanagi_79
Mortal

Post by kyo_kusanagi_79 »

Hey Ermaccer! Your mod is great, but it seems my game doesn't start when I want to launch it after the game latest update (it was today in my case). I deleted the files of your mods and then it worked again; but the game lacks of charm without your mod!! so please we all hope you soon launch an update. Your work is great! cheers and greetings in advance!
ermaccer
Mortal

Post by ermaccer »

Update!
Changes:
- Stage Modifier tab has a new option, stage modifier
- New tab: Player Control, it allows you to change player speed and look at coords
- New ini toggle: You can disable or enable sweat generation on characters
- Works with latest Steam update

https://github.com/ermaccer/MKXHook/releases/latest

AkaD
Mortal

Post by AkaD »

Awesome update @ermaccer

Thank you very much for that latest sweat on / off option.

If I may have one more request - Could you do something about black bars in cutscenes?

I mean intros / outros of the fight. We used to have them playing fullscreen when using file from PCGAMINGWIKI, but now that method doesn't work anymore because it's not compatible with the latest update.

If we could have them working fullscreen without black bars - that would be super cool.

Someone above wanted them to fill in on the ultra-wide or 21:9 screen.

For me personally, fullscreen cutscenes without black bars on 16:9 aspect ratio would be perfect, but it's always good to have options.

Thanks again and stay safe man.
AkaD
Mortal

Post by AkaD »

Found 2 new ideas...

1) How about we disable variations visually changing the skins?

For example, if I play as Liu Kang with MK1 Klassic skin in a variation Dragon's Fire, that variation adds a tattoo on his face...which I don't like and there's no way to get rid of this.
What if we could disable visual changes that variations enforce on us? That way we could play as a clean skin the way it looks on the select screen - before you choose your variations.
Because of variation visual changes some characters look much worse - for example garish neon lights on Kung Lao or weird recoloring part of the costumes on others. It ruins the good default design.

Making this optional (depending on the character, his skins and variations) would be great.

Of course if variations adds usable weapons to the skin of the character - that's fine. No need to mess with it.

My option would work best only for characters whose design becomes worse because of the variation used (visual only).

2) Could we enable preview for alternative costume colors on the select screen? That way we can see how they look on the skin we want to use.
Licmi-SRB-
Mortal

Post by Licmi-SRB- »

hey ermaccer thank you for making this "hack" i waited years for something like this :)
can you maybe remove MK 11 ad from the game ?
dcrepaldi
Mortal

Post by dcrepaldi »

I have an idea too,
a mod which makes the CPU choose the brutality kombat modifier as the 1st mod anytime, it's a way to make some brutalities easier. I understand the the modifier are set to be random, making a change for the 1st one is cool. I'm suggesting to be the brutality kombat but the modder can select anyother. We can choose ourselves the modifiers in kustom kombat but not test your luck and i think that it's possible if some modder wants to try...

Or, if someone could disable some brutalities condition like ''the opponent must be blocking'' can make some brutalities easier to be played. A good example is Quan Chi touch of death, that condition and the opponent requiring to be in the final hex spell make this brutality one of the hardest to make, at least when playing against CPU...

If we've a certain opportunity to play those hard brutalities in test your luck, as the mod i'm suggesting would make the brutality kombat modifier be always chosen, it's a good way to enjoy them if changing the brutalities conditions be impossible.
Asicantthinkofaname
Apprentice

i have a quick question will you be making this for the cracked verison also or just steam version? also great work it looks awesome man.
ermaccer
Mortal

Post by ermaccer »

I do not plan to support any version other than Steam.
Asicantthinkofaname
Apprentice

oh ok just checking

Return to “Mortal Kombat X PC Gameplay Mods”