MKXL Camera mod update [April 19, 2018]

spectix
Mortal
PSN: Silent_Killz240

Re: MKXL Camera mod update [April 19, 2018]

Post by spectix »

Its supposedly works on plaza version of mkxl you think you can help me download it? I’m kinda new to this stuff so I don’t really know what I’m doing.

spectix
Mortal
PSN: Silent_Killz240

Post by spectix »

I’ve seen some videos on YouTube about it too but I’m not so sure about it. when I try the steam version it says game selected but the x y z coordinates are set “none” and I heard that it works for plaza version
jawleyy
Mortal

Post by jawleyy »

Yeah, I wasn't able to get the steam version to work with the pointers. So I was only able to get that plaza version working. I don't really program too, so I can't really guarantee anything in terms of updates for MK11.
polyneutron
Mortal
Side: Darkness

Post by polyneutron »

Ah, if only I would know what MKXL app depot contains the 0.305-05.125430.1 version, so in theory each person owning MKXL legit on Steam could make the camera mod working with Steam version (by downgrading to 0.305-05.125430.1).
I'm looking at stuff at steamdb and game's appmanifest trying to find something, but I can't understand sh*t...

:(

UPD: Well, it looks like I'm on the right track, but I'm not quite there yet. I need more testing, but also some rest because I can feel how I'm turning into mindless zombie now. :?
I hope it would go just like in our saying, 'morning is wiser than the evening'.
thethiny
Immortal
Side: Light
PSN: thethiny
XBox Live: thethiny

Post by thethiny »

polyneutron wrote:Ah, if only I would know what MKXL app depot contains the 0.305-05.125430.1 version, so in theory each person owning MKXL legit on Steam could make the camera mod working with Steam version (by downgrading to 0.305-05.125430.1).
I'm looking at stuff at steamdb and game's appmanifest trying to find something, but I can't understand sh*t...

:(

UPD: Well, it looks like I'm on the right track, but I'm not quite there yet. I need more testing, but also some rest because I can feel how I'm turning into mindless zombie now. :?
I hope it would go just like in our saying, 'morning is wiser than the evening'.
What are you trying to do exactly?

All of my Mortal Kombat 11 Mods are now unified under a Single Thread. Click The Image to go to the thread.
polyneutron
Mortal

Post by polyneutron »

thethiny wrote:What are you trying to do exactly?
I was trying to make the camera mod work not just on PLAZA version, but on legit Steam version, too. And it turns out this is actually achievable.

Sorry for I'm about to double-post, but I feel it'd be better that way, and not just editing this particular post.
polyneutron
Mortal

Post by polyneutron »

(oh boy I hope I didn't forget to cover anything important here. Especially my atrocious grammar :D )

So, with the help of this fantastic guide (here's the link) & SteamDB (look for app 307780) I was able to downgrade my Steam MKXL to earlier build. The thing is that I had to find out what appmanifest should I choose in order to make Steam download the right package, and at my first attempt I ended up with wrong build, actually. I entered:

download_depot 307780 307784 5850145466585081601 in the Steam console

(which orders the client to download app 307780, depot 307784, manifest 5850145466585081601), and after the game package was fully loaded, it greeted me with the same build version (305-05 126703.1) as in the main post, thus rendering camera tool useless once again.

But then I went 'all-Sherlock' mode, looking for anything that could help me find out what version should I be really looking for, and it brought me to dates in the very beginning of October 2016. To be honest, I didn't understand SteamDB stuff completely (as there wasn't a list of build numbers sorted by release dates, or timestamps there didn't really correspond with, say, updates' Patch Notes on MKX News tab), so I had to simply guess the right package, relying solely on timestamps there.
And I wasn't too eager to redownload the whole 40+ gigs again and again just to see the wrong build version once more (not to mention how slow the DL speed was, oh no).

In fact, I was off by one manifest number on my first try - basically, I picked the wrong date aiming at Oct27, where I should try the 4th of October instead, installing the right package by entering:

download_depot 307780 307784 4318499144372825513

BTW, it will show up in one of your Steam library folders (somehow it ended up on my C: drive while in Steam Settings it's set as clear as day that my main drive should be D:, not sure what happened here), in steamapps\content\app_307780\depot_307784 folder. Upon starting the game (oddly enough it won't boot w/out running the .exe in the Binaries folder as administrator. You also need to be logged in your Steam acc which owns the game, and having Steam client running of course) it showed me this sweet delicious 0.305-05.125430.1 build number I waited for.

Small note here: I haven't tried to do the 9th step of the guide ('Prevent Steam from Updating Your Game') yet, simply because I was too excited for the whole thing (plus other issues as well).

So far I tested the camera mod and it worked flawlessly. But still, in terms of screenshooting there was one more thing to take care of, and that thing was the HUD (especially the Pause Menu screen/layer). And here comes the 2nd tool to be used for taking cinematic shots in MKXL: a timestopping+HUD toggling camera mod Cheat Table made by infamous DeadEndThrills (I think. I remember I asked him for it long ago).

I don't think he would mind if I share the table here mainly because both his site forums & super-rare (scattered across the media) download links are dead now, and I wasn't able to find it anywhere. Luckily enough I've found a .ct still resting on my HDD deep below tons of old stuff.

Imo this table is mostly useful for toggling the HUD off, as I couldn't make the free camera work with it. But it doesn't work 100% like a HUD toggler for me either - more like it disables only the Pause Menu, leaving HUD untouched. This means I dunno what to do with it in Single Fights, or, say, Towers (didn't test those at all). But in Training-Practice mode I managed to clear the screen off all the HUD elements by disabling everything in Settings menu & using the HUD toggle option of the cheat table altogether.

This means I have 'Damage information', 'Button log' & 'Game HUD' set to OFF in Practice Settings. The only downside to it is that I need to revisit the Practice Settings menu every time, as it doesn't save what I disabled there earlier.

Basically, now the Pause button serves as immediate timestop since it calls for a Pause Menu screen which doesn't show up thanks to the cheat table. It requires toggling the HUD off before pressing the Pause button (thus freezing the match time) though, as the table won't do anything while being already in the Pause Menu.

UPD: I've managed to get the cheat table's Timestop feature working, it's just the default key wasn't reacting so I remapped it to F4 instead. However, it's too 'touch-sensitive' if you ask me, it's one thing I definitely need more time to get accustomed to.
The Camera ct feature still doesn't work meaning I can't change, say, FOV or tilt the cam. Dunno what's going on here...
Attachments
MK10_aob.zip
(3.45 KiB) Downloaded 432 times
Mortal Kombat X Screenshot 2019.09.13 - 16.22.14.46.png
mr5n4yg4nbd
Mortal

Post by mr5n4yg4nbd »

no camera mod for steam?
Lum1natro
Mortal

Post by Lum1natro »

I am SO CONFUSED, I DOWNLOADED THE PLAZA GAME AND THE MOD AND WHEN I CLICK ON THE GAME IN THE PROCESS, IT ISN'T SHOWING!! CAN YOU HELP ME PLEASE?!! :(
Lum1natro
Mortal

Post by Lum1natro »

Wait.. what’s the link for the UPDATED MKXL PLAZA link? Because, I might have downloaded the one that’s not been updated.
Lum1natro
Mortal

Post by Lum1natro »

Wait the one I downloaded is the SAME! It's shows up in the process but not allowing me to select it. So can I get some help please?! :(
polyneutron
Mortal

Post by polyneutron »

mr5n4yg4nbd wrote:no camera mod for steam?
Well, as I previously posted - you actually can use the legit Steam version with camera mod.
The thing is, to get the camera mod working the game's executable should be of previous build number (0.305-05.125430.1, AFAIK PLAZA's version is using that very same build), though I'm not sure will it work with just that .exe put into the Binaries folder, or one would have to redownload 40+ gigs of the old game package (look up for the downgrade process that I described previously).
I remember I could launch the game using downgraded .exe w/out probs, but I'm not sure if it would work for everyone. I don't have any of game versions installed now though (neither PLAZA, nor Steam - not having the latest one, not having the downgraded one either) - so I wouldn't be able to test it now, but I do have leftover executables copies.

Also, please note here I'm using modded 'CoalescedCharacter_Goro__MK10Game' file (look up for @UncleFestor's MKX ONline Unlocker), I also installed some char mods here and there.
I think it'd be great if someone with Steam vanilla (which means NOT MODDED at all) MKXL would try to put old build .exe and then check if the trick would work, and the game would think it's running on an earlier version build,
or not.

So, as far as I can tell, to be able to use both MKXL Camera mod & MKXL cheat table* one needs these:
*(it allows for custom timestop instead of default Pause Menu screen method, plus there's HUD toggler in there!)

1. 'downgraded' MK10 executable (build number 0.305-05.125430.1)
2. 3dm64.dll & bink2w64.dll (modded) from the MKX IC Bypasser
(IIRC it was made by @thethiny, but I'm not sure. So my apologies if I'm wrong, the only thing I can note here is that
I'm totally NOT a creator of IC Bypasser)

3. MKX Free look camera mod
4. MK10_aob.CT

Put 1&2 into the MK10\Binaries\Retail folder, put 3&4 whatever you wish, it doesn't matter.
Again, I know that cheat table has the camera controls in it, but for the love of Elder Gods I couldn't get those to work - at all. I also find its custom timestop (which I call 'custom' because it's not related to Pause Menu screen) kinda trippy as it's too 'touch-sensitive', meaning that at times it just won't let me unpause the game no matter how many times I touched the button to activate it. That's why I prefer good old Pause Menu screen trick - which works great coupled with cheat table's HUD toggler hiding the Pause layer completely making it act like a timestop itself.

DISCLAIMER (kinda):
I DO NOT OWN the tools & programs mentioned here, I'M NOT THE AUTHOR of those either.
I also attached @UncleFestor's MKX ONline Unlocker just in case.
Attachments
MKX ONline Unlocker [by UncleFestor].rar
(just in case)
(17.89 KiB) Downloaded 282 times
MK10_aob.zip
(3.45 KiB) Downloaded 329 times
MKX_Free_Look_Camera.zip
(93.32 KiB) Downloaded 535 times
MKX_IC_Bypasser.rar
(242.18 KiB) Downloaded 345 times
MK10 (supposedly build version 0.305-05.125430.1).zip
(17.29 MiB) Downloaded 403 times
polyneutron
Mortal

Post by polyneutron »

Sorry mate @Lum1natro, dunno why it doesn't allow you to select the process. I remember I never had this kinda issue back then.
Bell
Mortal

Post by Bell »

@Lum1natro

Did you run the camera mod as admin? I was wondering why when I selected "MK10" it would immediately deselect it. This would happen even if I selected a different program, so I figured that must be the issue. Turns out that's all you have to do :)
Kryptongaming
Mortal
XBox Live: FauneSumo4591

Post by Kryptongaming »

Is there a way to use this mod on the latest steam version (MKXL)? Because i want to use it with Lord Dragu's 60fps Mod.

Return to “Mortal Kombat X PC Gameplay Mods”