MKXL Camera mod update [April 19, 2018]

jawleyy
Mortal

MKXL Camera mod update [April 19, 2018]

Post by jawleyy »

So I really liked the mod that Enigma642 provided us with, and since it seems that he isn't active anymore, I've decided to update it.

Currently working with Version (PLAZA download): 0.305-05.125430.1 (MKXL)
https://mega.nz/#!pfxhVTqL!pQzK-E_1laWm ... 79v6TFcpBg

Steam Version: 0.305-05.126703.1 (MKXL) *UNSTABLE*
*Removed because of instability*

All credits go to Engima642 for base code and memory edits.

======== EDITS =========
- (5/01/18) : Updated the Plaza MKXL download link with the x64 compiled variant. It should now recognize the process.
- (4/29/18) : The download is actually the PLAZA download on TPB. Sorry for the mishap, that is the 40GB version I used for testing and use.

If there's an issue with me linking the MKXL version I used to piratebay let me know and I will take it down. Only reason I did that is because that version has the most up-to-date characters and arenas, and it will never have an update, whereas the Steam version will. Support the devs and buy the game!
Last edited by jawleyy on Fri May 04, 2018 11:06 am, edited 17 times in total.

thethiny
Immortal
Side: Light
PSN: thethiny
XBox Live: thethiny

Re: MKXL Camera mod update [April 19, 2018]

Post by thethiny »

Heyy that's nice!

All of my Mortal Kombat 11 Mods are now unified under a Single Thread. Click The Image to go to the thread.
jawleyy
Mortal

Post by jawleyy »

Thanks, hopefully some others can use it. I know it's not the most up-to-date version. But if you're using the previous 125430.1 from Codex, and don't have to worry about updating, then this is great.
Amari1976
Mortal

Post by Amari1976 »

Thanks a lot bro. I was trying to do the same but it was so difficult to find the adresses in cheat engine. How did you do it. I've havn't heard from Engima642 for a long time.
jawleyy
Mortal

Post by jawleyy »

Amari1976 wrote:Thanks a lot bro. I was trying to do the same but it was so difficult to find the adresses in cheat engine. How did you do it. I've havn't heard from Engima642 for a long time.
No problem, I was at it for probably a week or so.

======================================================
Programs I used:
DotPeek Download link |
Cheat Engine Download page |
======================================================

- First off, the program isn't obfuscated, so decompilation of it was fairly easy with DotPeek. The code is C# and the addresses are converted to decimal, so I converted each address from Hex to Decimal.
- Next, I found the X Y Z PITCH and YAW, and then used the same pointer for each, started with the Y and found the offset for that.
- Once the offsets are correct for those 5, you then have to find 20 separate autoHexAddresses that control the locking of the camera (At least that's what I think).

There's code in there that is used to "unlock" the camera's opcode. I had gone through some videos on Youtube regarding Pointers, offsets, static addresses, and dynamic addresses so it would give me a general idea of what I was looking at. One prospect of Cheat Engine that I found VERY useful was the POINTER MAP function. Definitely check out tutorials on usage with this.

Sorry, that was a lot. What I would do, while I don't know if this is allowed, is decompile the code and look at it, get a good general idea of what it requires. Once I found out what was necessary, and learned how everything kind of worked, I was able to write an update within 4 hours.
Stevenkuma
Mortal

Post by Stevenkuma »

Dude,I tried the steam version but I can't move the camera .When I activate it ,it simply freeze the camera but I can't move the camera with wasd or mouse button at all.Is there something that I'm missing ?
Amari1976
Mortal

Post by Amari1976 »

Thanks for the explanation. That's a whole lot of work man. thanks a lot. Now I will upgrade to XL and check the stage fatalities in cam mode.
Amari1976
Mortal

Post by Amari1976 »

Hey bro
I have the 0.305-05.125430.1 version. I used both. The first one codex version says game not selected. The steam version says game selected. They both dont work. Camera is not hacked. Did you tried it out yourself? Maybe I did something wrong.
I opened the hack first then I open MKXL and select the proces.
Stevenkuma
Mortal

Post by Stevenkuma »

Amari1976 wrote:Hey bro
I have the 0.305-05.125430.1 version. I used both. The first one codex version says game not selected. The steam version says game selected. They both dont work. Camera is not hacked. Did you tried it out yourself? Maybe I did something wrong.
I opened the hack first then I open MKXL and select the proces.
I think the steam version only worked with the latest update of steam mkxl .While the codex one can't recognize any process from both steam and codex .But the steam version also didn't move the camera ,rather it only lock the camera on screen so the camera won't change even if you're moving characters .
manji0152
Mortal

Post by manji0152 »

Stevenkuma wrote:Dude,I tried the steam version but I can't move the camera .When I activate it ,it simply freeze the camera but I can't move the camera with wasd or mouse button at all.Is there something that I'm missing ?
SAME PROBLEM...
Kamidogu
Apprentice

Post by Kamidogu »

Unfortunately it also doesn't work for me using the 0.305-05.126703.1 (Steam) version. The exe sees the process just fine, and I can activate it without issue but once I do. The camera just stays fixed in a certain position, and I can't move it at all.
jawleyy
Mortal

Post by jawleyy »

Hey, so when I compiled the Steam version it worked correctly and now I'm running into the same issue. I'll look into it, but right now I'm going to label the Steam download as unstable. Also, just an update on everything here, I know I mentioned the "Codex" download, but it's actually the PLAZA download from TPB. Sorry for the mix-up.
Stevenkuma
Mortal

Post by Stevenkuma »

jawleyy wrote:Hey, so when I compiled the Steam version it worked correctly and now I'm running into the same issue. I'll look into it, but right now I'm going to label the Steam download as unstable. Also, just an update on everything here, I know I mentioned the "Codex" download, but it's actually the PLAZA download from TPB. Sorry for the mix-up.
Jawleyy ,thanks for the update .I actually tried it with the plaza version ,but since you called it codex ,I also use codex as well :D .But the plaza version mod doesn't recognize the process on both steam and plaza version .Hopefully you could find the root of the problem ,and once again ,thx for looking into this mod again
Kamidogu
Apprentice

Post by Kamidogu »

jawleyy wrote:Hey, so when I compiled the Steam version it worked correctly and now I'm running into the same issue. I'll look into it, but right now I'm going to label the Steam download as unstable. Also, just an update on everything here, I know I mentioned the "Codex" download, but it's actually the PLAZA download from TPB. Sorry for the mix-up.
Just want to thank you either way because I had given up hope of ever seeing another camera hack release for MKX(L). Here's hoping you find the problem for the Steam version.
Amari1976
Mortal

Post by Amari1976 »

Hey bro thanks for the work that you put into. I tested on the plaza download. I named it codex cause you named it so. The issue with this version is that it does'nt recongnize the game. the game is not selected after clicking on refresh.
I have upgraded to XL for testing.
Hope you will find a solution and thanks for your effort.

Return to “Mortal Kombat X PC Gameplay Mods”