Register    Login    Search   View active topics    FAQ

Post subject: MKXL Character Releaser & FPS Locker [STEAM Version]
 Post Posted: Sun May 26, 2019 5:44 pm 
Master

Side: Light
This program called MK10 5+ will allow you to play as any of the five NPCs, select your desired framerate (mostly known as the 60 FPS mod), and even bring back and old missed background.

Attachment:
CharacterReleaser.png
CharacterReleaser.png [ 314.56 KiB | Viewed 1648 times ]

Compatible with version: 0.305-05.126703.1

Features:
-controllers supported
-announcer and sounds for activations/deactivation
-characters will keep their voice unlike other mods
-you will not lose online support
-frame rate lock
-Snow Forest background available

How to use:
to avoid conflicts follow the next advices

1-run the game
2-run the program

Playing as NPCs and setting Snow Forest as BGND:

-press L1+R2+START or SHIFT+Z to activate the loader. If it worked you will hear a confirmation sound. This step you do it ONCE every time you run the trainer.
-activate your NPC by pressing its corresponding hotkeys (read below to know how).
-you can also activate the Snow Forest Background by pressing its corresponding hotkeys. You can do this inside the "Extras" option to make this cleaner. You will hear an activation sound for this one too. You will not lose your faction, you only change the bgnd. The changes will be applied once the screen has been reloaded, for example if you go to the krypt and then go back or after playing a match, etc.

***Now the correct way of using the program is to activate the npc AFTER selecting the corresponding char costume and BEFORE selecting its variation. This applies to the situations where you see the characters walking to the screen in the char selection menu. Doing so you will avoid game crashes. The game will crash ONLY if you, having still activated some npc, put the cursor and highlight its name. There's no walk animation for them so you'll get a crash as result***

Using the FPS locker/unlocker:

-press L2+R1+START or SHIFT+F to lock/unlock the FPS in game. If locked, you will hear a confirmation sound and a voice saying "Choose your specs". Now you can choose your preferred frame rate and it will stay locked until you deactivate it. Choose between 30Hz and 60Hz. When unlocked you will hear a kind of a "go back" sound. The game now automatically controls the frame rate.

Activation instructions are included in the program. Make sure to read them before using.
The first video will give you a general idea of the NPC loader usage. You will first hear the confirmation sound once the cheat has been activated and then the NPCs' names once they are active. You will hear a different laugh when the costumes have been restored to default.
The second one shows you the process of frame locking and a little gameplay at 60FPS.

Attachment:
SnowForest.png
SnowForest.png [ 1.26 MiB | Viewed 1467 times ]

Attachment:
MK10 5+.rar [10.02 MiB]
Downloaded 168 times

The FPS mod idea, as i concern, was first developed by Lord Dragu so in no way i'm taking credit for it, but it really inspired me to implement the same one to my mod so you can have an "all in one" here. It was more a personal achievement as i'm learning some CE. As a bonus i added the 30 FPS option as a consideration made for people that for some reason need to run the game in a low spec pc. It may not be THE solution but perhaps the game becomes more playable and there's no need of altering other game files.

Note: after running the trainer a window called "Symbol lookup taking long" might appear. Cancel it or Let it finish and it will automatically close.

**Special thanks to Grim Doe for pointing me the correct sources to learn a bit of Cheat Engine.**

Last edited by zepterrian on Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:51 am, edited 15 times in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: MKXL Character Releaser [STEAM Version]
 Post Posted: Sun May 26, 2019 11:59 pm 
Immortal

PSN: thethiny
XBox Live: thethiny
Well done

Under the US Copyright Law, I am given full ownership of anything I create or do, hence I own ownership of my mods. I hereby give these mods for FREE to anyone who is willing to download them for any purpose under the condition that they do not try to sell them or gain benefits in any way, and if they're going to upload a video or showcase them, they MUST provide a download link to this mod (hence the term Free). Credit not necessary but don't claim as your own or somebody else's.

Post Posted: Mon May 27, 2019 3:47 am 
Mortal

any chance making this for Jack sparrow version also ? :)

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Mon May 27, 2019 5:33 pm 
Master

Thanks.
@Player One I guess this one will also work if your version is 0.305-05.126703.1

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Mon May 27, 2019 9:53 pm 
Master

PSN: joven4516
Congratz Sir welcome back to the scene keep up the good work MKXL 4ever.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: MKXL Character Releaser & FPS Locker [STEAM Version]
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:57 am 
Mortal

Hi :)

Thanks for your work on the mod.

Is there a possibility to make a mod that removes that horrible sweat effect from characters when fighting?

Also could I set this game to 60 fps all the time by cheat engine, some ini command file or hex editor in exe?
In that way we can get one permanent solution to always 60fps

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:23 pm 
Master

Thanks for the comment.

That effect i think you remove it by editing textures i guess though im not sure. You will have to ask other modders for this.

Using cheat engine would not be better than using this mod. In fact it would be harder.. And this mod does keep the fps locked all the time you play if you want to.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:08 am 
Immortal

PSN: thethiny
XBox Live: thethiny
AkaD wrote:

Is there a possibility to make a mod that removes that horrible sweat effect from characters when fighting?

Also could I set this game to 60 fps all the time by cheat engine, some ini command file or hex editor in exe?

Extract your COALESCED.ini, open GameEngineX64, find "Cinema" or "Cinematics" or "30Hz" and change it to 60

Under the US Copyright Law, I am given full ownership of anything I create or do, hence I own ownership of my mods. I hereby give these mods for FREE to anyone who is willing to download them for any purpose under the condition that they do not try to sell them or gain benefits in any way, and if they're going to upload a video or showcase them, they MUST provide a download link to this mod (hence the term Free). Credit not necessary but don't claim as your own or somebody else's.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:42 pm 
Mortal

thethiny wrote:
AkaD wrote:

Extract your COALESCED.ini, open GameEngineX64, find "Cinema" or "Cinematics" or "30Hz" and change it to 60

After extraction I looked in the X64-MK10Game and X64-MK10Engine ini files (2 of 9 files in config folder after extraction) and there's nothing like Cinema, Cinematics or 30hz in these....
only thing like that is HkSimRateHz=30 but that's something different probably

game is MKXL from steam, latest version. I used User friendly MKX Coalesced Extract & Repack from this forum.

What should I do to get this right?

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:46 am 
Mortal

zepterrian wrote:
Thanks for the comment.

That effect i think you remove it by editing textures i guess though im not sure. You will have to ask other modders for this.

Using cheat engine would not be better than using this mod. In fact it would be harder.. And this mod does keep the fps locked all the time you play if you want to.

How about Krypt 30fps lock - is it possible to set it to 60fps?

And black bars on the intros and outros before / after fight - is it possible to fill the screen completely like normal gameplay?

EDIT. Found the solution for black bars in cutscenes and it works flawlessly -> https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/file ... scene-fix/

Profile E-mail