Baraka, Corrupted Shinnok, Rain, Sindel, Tanya.

alfamega
Mortal
XBox Live: alfamega

Baraka, Corrupted Shinnok, Rain, Sindel, Tanya.

Post by alfamega »

I deleted the crappy tutorial I tried explaining and just decided to rename all of the NPCs for each of Shinnoks costumes so you can mix match them however you want! Enjoy! :)

I seen someone using Corrupted Shinnok so I decided to put his assets in as well, did not know people would really like to use an OP character but here he is as well! Not as clean as I seen in the video as to the name on the UI but he works and his fatality as well. I used an easy fatality(Block+1) mid.
  • Baraka A= Shinnok Costume 1
    Baraka B= Shinnok Costume 2
    Baraka F= Shinnok Costume 3(DLC)
  • Corrupted Shinnok= Shinnok Costume 1
  • Rain A= Shinnok Costume 1
    Rain B= Shinnok Costume 2
    Rain F= Shinnok Costume 3(DLC)
  • Sindel A= Shinnok Costume 1
    Sindel B= Shinnok Costume 2
    Sindel F= Shinnok Costume 3(DLC)
  • Tanya A= Shinnok Costume 1
    Tanya B= Shinnok Costume 2
    Tanya F= Shinnok Costume 3(DLC)
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=3 ... BAB8%21256
Attachments
2015-04-17_00012.jpg
2015-04-17_00013.jpg
Last edited by alfamega on Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:42 am, edited 4 times in total.

hoangdao46
Mortal

Re: Sindel, Tanya, Rain, Baracka

Post by hoangdao46 »

Please show me how to do it
alfamega
Mortal

Post by alfamega »

That looks awful now that I see it after I posted it lol...I'm sorry im not good at making a tutorial but let me know if you don't understand and I will try better to explain it!
alfamega
Mortal

Post by alfamega »

All it is, is its just a file name swap of Shinnoks file names overtop of whoever you want.
alfamega
Mortal

Post by alfamega »

And they dont have X-rays and as for fatalites I have no idea but their combos and specials are the same as MK9(for Sindel and Rain) lol...pretty bad ass!
norQ
Mortal
Side: Darkness

Post by norQ »

So - u're the guy who made them playable? A fair few gaming websites are writing about u. Good stuff!
alfamega
Mortal

Post by alfamega »

i highly doubt they are talking about me lol but I did figure it out but I highly doubt I am the first to figure this out. It is just common sense really as I tried this in MK9 as well and it worked in MKX :) i also tried using other character assets like Jason and Nightwolf from MK9 and Batman from Injustice but no success there lol. I did tweet these pics to Ed Boon and NRS the other day but no response lol. Anyways have fun and let me know if you get it working as well or have problems
MrEsturk
Mortal

Post by MrEsturk »

Been messing around with this, it only seems to work with some characters. It crashes when you try to overwrite certain ones. I've compiled the following lists from my tests:

THE FOLLOWING CHARACTER COSTUMES WORK WITH THIS MOD TRICK:

- Kano Costume B
- Mileena Costume B
- Raiden Costume B
- Jacqui Briggs Costume B
- Erron Black Costume B
- Shinnok Costume A & B (Untested, just based on what I've been reading.)
EDIT
- Jax Costume B

THE FOLLOWING CHARACTER COSTUMES CRASHES WHEN TRYING THIS MOD TICK ON THEM:

- Scorpion Costume B
- Quan Chi Costume B
- Devorah Costume B (aka Ladybug_B)
- Kotal Kahn Costume B

OTHER NOTES ABOUT THIS TRICK:

- Trying to use the same hacked costume for both players (mirror match) will crash the game (You can however hack a Rain/Baraka/Tanya/Sindel on to several costume slots as a work around).

- The hacked in characters will be able to use the variation moves of the character they were copied over, so long as they don't have a basic move that uses the same motion. Some have visual bugs of course (using invisible pistols if you used one of Erron Black's slots for example.)

- You cannot use Fatalities/Brutalities on Rain/Baraka/Tanya/Sindel. The moves simply don't work when used on them (Based on testing Kitana's Fatalies/Brutalities on them).

- The hacked in character will use the character they replaced intro and victory poses, often making a rather hilarious face in the process.

- hacked in characters have no voice effects, despite having voice effects during their story mode battles.

- While you can use this trick to swap around the costumes of normal characters, they will have the no voice effects and no mirror match bugs listed above.
Last edited by MrEsturk on Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
alfamega
Mortal

Post by alfamega »

MrEsturk wrote:Been messing around with this, it only seems to work with some characters. It crashes when you try to overwrite certain ones. I've compiled the following lists from my tests:

THE FOLLOWING CHARACTER COSTUMES WORK WITH THIS MOD TRICK:

- Kano Costume B
- Mileena Costume B
- Raiden Costume B
- Jacqui Briggs Costume B
- Erron Black Costume B
- Shinnok Costume A & B (Untested, just based on what I've been reading.)

THE FOLLOWING CHARACTER COSTUMES CRASHES WHEN TRYING THIS MOD TICK ON THEM:

- Scorpion Costume B
- Quan Chi Costume B
- Devorah Costume B (aka Ladybug_B)
- Kotal Kahn Costume B

OTHER NOTES ABOUT THIS TRICK:

- Trying to use the same hacked costume for both players (mirror match) will crash the game (You can however hack a Rain/Baraka/Tanya/Sindel on to several costume slots as a work around).

- The hacked in characters will be able to use the variation moves of the character they were copied over, so long as they don't have a basic move that uses the same motion. Some have visual bugs of course (using invisible pistols if you used one of Erron Black's slots for example.)

- You cannot use Fatalities/Brutalities on Rain/Baraka/Tanya/Sindel. The moves simply don't work when used on them (Based on testing Kitana's Fatalies/Brutalities on them).

- The hacked in character will use the character they replaced intro and victory poses, often making a rather hilarious face in the process.

- hacked in characters have no voice effects, despite having voice effects during their story mode battles.

- While you can use this trick to swap around the costumes of normal characters, they will have the no voice effects and no mirror match bugs listed above.
Excellent! And your post looks so clean! And on another note with the hacked in characters have all their combos and specials, you just have to figure them out. I haven't tested any other characters but Shinnok and when I use his assets with the impostor variant, I only have one special of his and the rest are configured for story mode characters
MrEsturk
Mortal

Post by MrEsturk »

This guy is working on a much cleaner way of modding the story mode characters into the game:

http://www.mksecrets.net/forums/eng/vie ... =38&t=7808

Unfortunately he was trolled for merely asking for optional donations on YouTube so badly he's second guessing making a free public release. I sent him some kind words and got told "Keep drinking the Kool-Aid" by one of the trolls :cry: #ThisIsWhyWeCantHaveNiceThings

Also Boon's toying with us a bit:

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/589469339209826305
morosenoodle
Mortal

Post by morosenoodle »

Yeah, this was a technique from MK9. I heard various blogs making a big deal about this, like "Some evil hacker just unlocked all these super-secret hidden characters for MKX!" or somesuch, but we've been doing this since Komplete Edition dropped, and I'm willing to bet some console jokceys were doing this even earlier. Still cool, though!

Does anyone know what's up with the sound? I've tried a few mods - like switching Kitana_M with Kitana_A - but there doesn't seem to be any sound coming out of the modified characters.

Also, related question: back in MK9, you could swap Fatalities with the same technique (i.e. renaming and replacing Asset files) I've tried this with MKX (first thing I did, lol) but all I managed to do was make an "empty fatality" - that is, the characters just stood there and did nothing for fifteen seconds, until finally the FATALITY message appeared. I'd love to, say, replace Reptile's first fatality with Mileena's second, or use the Selfie finisher with everyone.
alfamega
Mortal

Post by alfamega »

Exactly! We did asset swaps in MK9, so it's nothing new at all! Lol..I have no idea with the sound problem you are getting, I have sounds with the swapped NPCs. I have the issue with fatality swaps...I cannot for the life of me get them to work, I even tried swapping almost all of the 2 characters assets. No avail :(
morosenoodle
Mortal

Post by morosenoodle »

alfamega wrote:Lol..I have no idea with the sound problem you are getting,
MrEsturk wrote:- hacked in characters have no voice effects, despite having voice effects during their story mode battles.
Maybe that's what it is? I don't have Kitana_M unlocked ingame yet, so perhaps some kharacters that aren't officially supported - either in your copy of the game or in the whole game itself - are missing sound resources?

I dunno. I'll keep checking in every couple days, let you guys know if I worked anything out, see what the latest developments are. I'm trying to mod variation costumes right now, so we'll see what happens.
alfamega
Mortal

Post by alfamega »

morosenoodle wrote:
alfamega wrote:Lol..I have no idea with the sound problem you are getting,
MrEsturk wrote:- hacked in characters have no voice effects, despite having voice effects during their story mode battles.
Maybe that's what it is? I don't have Kitana_M unlocked ingame yet, so perhaps some kharacters that aren't officially supported - either in your copy of the game or in the whole game itself - are missing sound resources?

I dunno. I'll keep checking in every couple days, let you guys know if I worked anything out, see what the latest developments are. I'm trying to mod variation costumes right now, so we'll see what happens.
Yeh keep us informed! Lol and sweet! I hope the skin modding goes well for you! I couldn't even figure that out in MK9, I'm not bad with computers but I just could not seem to figure out how to extract textures and then customize them and inject them back in. I heard that the Umodel doesn't work with extracting textures from the assets in MKX and that it will need to be updated for it to work with these new assets.
alfamega
Mortal

Post by alfamega »

Oh and also is there a way someone could mess around with Jason_A.xxx and get some more information? Like I didn't try to swap him with other characters only Shinnok and it did not work, so it might for other characters?

Return to “Mortal Kombat X PC Skins, DLCs and NPCs”