How to Swap Models/Meshes with shorter names?

Scorp-Sub
Apprentice

How to Swap Models/Meshes with shorter names?

Post by Scorp-Sub »

I'm trying to swap any shorter name skin over a longer name skin with mkke renamer and I keep getting an error message saying "your string is too long". Is there a anyway to around this?

wyruzzah
Immortal

Re: How to Swap Models/Meshes with shorter names?

Post by wyruzzah »

Only possible way that i know is using thetiny's Package Repacker http://www.mksecrets.net/forums/eng/vie ... =97&t=9172 , but it also need edit header like thetiny said there.
Scorp-Sub
Apprentice

Post by Scorp-Sub »

wyruzzah wrote:Only possible way that i know is using thetiny's Package Repacker http://www.mksecrets.net/forums/eng/vie ... =97&t=9172 , but it also need edit header like thetiny said there.
Would it be too much to ask if you could make a beginners guide on how to do this? I have researched on this forum and on Google and could not find a step-by-step process to get this to work. I'm assuming I'm missing the beginning steps.
thethiny
Immortal
Side: Light
PSN: thethiny
XBox Live: thethiny

Post by thethiny »

Scorp-Sub wrote:
wyruzzah wrote:Only possible way that i know is using thetiny's Package Repacker http://www.mksecrets.net/forums/eng/vie ... =97&t=9172 , but it also need edit header like thetiny said there.
Would it be too much to ask if you could make a beginners guide on how to do this? I have researched on this forum and on Google and could not find a step-by-step process to get this to work. I'm assuming I'm missing the beginning steps.
You won't find tutorials because MKS and PSX-SCENE are the only two active forums about MKX Modding, and still only like 4 people mod the game and they won't write tutorials for everything.

Anyways, all you have to do is:
-If you're keeping the file name the same, then just use my repacker to edit the name table.
-If you're swapping an entirely new character, then you have to edit one string manually. How do you ask? I'm sorry I can't write tutorials anymore they take too much time. Just stick to other swaps for now.

All of my Mortal Kombat 11 Mods are now unified under a Single Thread. Click The Image to go to the thread.
Scorp-Sub
Apprentice

Post by Scorp-Sub »

Can I start small? Let's say trying to swap just the fatality with repacker?

Example: Swapping Aztec_Fatality1.xxx on to Scorpion_Fatality1.xxx?

Would this be easier to explain on how to accomplish this in a post?
thethiny
Immortal

Post by thethiny »

Scorp-Sub wrote:Can I start small? Let's say trying to swap just the fatality with repacker?

Just simply rename the files and play Scorpion against Kotal Kahn.

All of my Mortal Kombat 11 Mods are now unified under a Single Thread. Click The Image to go to the thread.
Scorp-Sub
Apprentice

Post by Scorp-Sub »

thethiny wrote:
Scorp-Sub wrote:Can I start small? Let's say trying to swap just the fatality with repacker?

Just simply rename the files and play Scorpion against Kotal Kahn.
If you mean simply renaming the files without changing the strings with mkke renamer. Then that won't work the character just stands there and he will not perform the fatality.
thethiny
Immortal

Post by thethiny »

You need to allow it in the mko file, it will give you the names if you search for Fatality inside.

Scorp-Sub
Apprentice

Post by Scorp-Sub »

thethiny wrote:You need to allow it in the mko file, it will give you the names if you search for Fatality inside.
Do you need to unpack mko file, if so with what program? Can I Edit the mko file with hex editor?
thethiny
Immortal

Post by thethiny »

You don't need to unpack the mko.

Return to “Mortal Kombat X PC Modding Tutorials and Discussions”