Certain character swaps crashing the game

Scorp-Sub
Apprentice

Certain character swaps crashing the game

Post by Scorp-Sub »

Hi all, great site

I was having a problems with some of the swaps crashing the game. I'm trying to swap Scorpion with JohnnyCage to perform Here's Johnny with Scorpion, but the game keeps crashing. I tried swapping CHAR_Scorpion_A.mko with CHAR_JohnnyCage_A.mko and it crashes. I also tried swapping all of the CHAR_Scorpion mko files and still crashes. Any thoughts in why? I don't have all the updates could this be an issue? Thanks in advance. :)

thethiny
Immortal
Side: Light
PSN: thethiny
XBox Live: thethiny

Re: Certain character swaps crashing the game

Post by thethiny »

Some characters have stuff with their Meshes, I think because Scorpion has swords on his back.

All of my Mortal Kombat 11 Mods are now unified under a Single Thread. Click The Image to go to the thread.
Scorp-Sub
Apprentice

Post by Scorp-Sub »

I there anyway around this? Change variations? Is swapping the CHAR_Scorpion_A.mko the only way? I have seen Scorpion perform the "Here's Johnny" Fatality on YouTube, I think he had the Scorpion's tournament skin on. Do you think its the skin? Thanks for the fast reply on the other questions :)
thethiny
Immortal

Post by thethiny »

Not a skin problem, but do not EVER modify the _A file, just try it on _B _C...etc because _B redirect to _A to read the files, but if you remove _A the game will crash.

All of my Mortal Kombat 11 Mods are now unified under a Single Thread. Click The Image to go to the thread.
Scorp-Sub
Apprentice

Post by Scorp-Sub »

thethiny wrote:do not EVER modify the _A file, just try it on _B _C...etc because _B redirect to _A to read the files, but if you remove _A the game will crash.
Are you saying to ever modify the _A file with Scorpion or with all swaps? Because I have swapped _A.mko with most Characters and I had no problems. I thought that was how you did swaps. Have been doing this all wrong and just got lucky with no crashes?
thethiny
Immortal

Post by thethiny »

well I just tried it, there is one more thing, some characters' .mko loads files form the SCRIPTASSETS, so if your character loads from SCRIPTASSETS, then it won't work.

Scorp-Sub
Apprentice

Post by Scorp-Sub »

thethiny wrote:well I just tried it
Did you get it to work?
thethiny wrote:there is one more thing, some characters' .mko loads files form the SCRIPTASSETS, so if your character loads from SCRIPTASSETS, then it won't work.
So you think if I swap CHAR_Scorpion_A.mko from MKScript and swap char_scorpion_a.xxx, char_scorpion_a.tfc, Char_Scorpion_A_ScriptAssets.tfc, and Char_Scorpion_A_ScriptAssets.xxx from Asset Folder I might work?
thethiny
Immortal

Post by thethiny »

No. You will need to much of hex editing.

Scorp-Sub
Apprentice

Post by Scorp-Sub »

Is there a tutorial you can direct me to on the site? Can you explain to me in a post? Again I appreciate the help. :)
thethiny
Immortal

Post by thethiny »

Me, I'm sorry no. But you can try asking uncle festor

Scorp-Sub
Apprentice

Post by Scorp-Sub »

thethiny wrote:Me, I'm sorry no. But you can try asking uncle festor
Is there anyway to swap just the fatality of johnny cage to scorpion?

Return to “Mortal Kombat X PC Modding Tutorials and Discussions”