Re: Erron's bullet and a design question...

churchyo
Mortal

Re: Erron's bullet and a design question...

Post by churchyo »

Hi all,
I'm new here and find this modding stuff to be rather amusing. It's tough to get the hang of but has potential, as I can see from others' mods.
Anyway, does anyone know where Erron's bullet data is stored, containing the name of the X-Ray victim written on his gun? I'm *assuming* it's a data table kind of entry rather than a different image for each name...?
Also, when tinkering with the textures, is there a design model/template to go by? I don't know how to make sure things align properly/don't get distorted, etc. It's been years since I played around with UVW coordinates, wrapping, etc.

a.martin
God
PSN: -
XBox Live: -

Re: Re: Erron's bullet and a design question...

Post by a.martin »

well the bullets are one per skin, that means every one has it's own, and their names look like this;
"DISM_(character)_(letter).xxx"

for example; DISM_aztec_a.xxx belongs to CHAR_Aztec_A.xxx
(that would be Kotal Kahn main costume and it's bullet..)

and then.. you just do the regular procedure of editing with the "DISM" file like a regular skin mod..

you can find the tutorial here in case you haven't seen it; http://www.mksecrets.net/forums/eng/vie ... =93&t=7948

you can check that and more tutorials in this section of the forum :D

also a little advice I've forgot! you have to edit the "Diff" texture files and the "Norm" texture files, so the bullet will look perfect.

also welcome! :D and I hope it helps! :)
Attachments
MK10 04-08-2015 01-13-17-40.jpg
once perfected they will look like this
once perfected they will look like this
churchyo
Mortal

Post by churchyo »

Holy cow. I guess I have a lot more to learn, lol ...
Thanks so much though. I'm sure I'll stop pulling my hair out at some point ;) :D
a.martin wrote:well the bullets are one per skin, that means every one has it's own, and their names look like this;
"DISM_(character)_(letter).xxx"

for example; DISM_aztec_a.xxx belongs to CHAR_Aztec_A.xxx
(that would be Kotal Kahn main costume and it's bullet..)

and then.. you just do the regular procedure of editing with the "DISM" file like a regular skin mod..

you can find the tutorial here in case you haven't seen it; http://www.mksecrets.net/forums/eng/vie ... =93&t=7948

you can check that and more tutorials in this section of the forum :D

also a little advice I've forgot! you have to edit the "Diff" texture files and the "Norm" texture files, so the bullet will look perfect.

also welcome! :D and I hope it helps! :)
a.martin
God
PSN: -
XBox Live: -

Post by a.martin »

hey don't worry man, once you get the drill you'll do amazing stuff :) It's all about practice and the right tools :P
churchyo
Mortal

Post by churchyo »

This picture quality is awful but here's a link to a video of my first attempt. Can you tell who my favorite band is? ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dhIet9IDZM
a.martin wrote:hey don't worry man, once you get the drill you'll do amazing stuff :) It's all about practice and the right tools :P
Attachments
CHAR_JohnnyCage_A.rar
(27.49 MiB) Downloaded 191 times

Return to “Mortal Kombat X PC Modding Tutorials and Discussions”