Question: Sonya's Hat in Default costume

UncleFestor
Grand Master
Side: Darkness

Re: Question: Sonya's Hat in Default costume

Post by UncleFestor »

Well, I can remove the hat, but the game will automatically place it in between her legs as shown here :
vlcsnap-2016-01-16-17h30m48s155.png
vlcsnap-2016-01-16-17h31m30s930.png
Here's Sonya No Hat :
NOHatSonya.7z
(31.04 MiB) Downloaded 167 times
Then u can simply Swap out her Hat Mesh in her scriptassets with her Tripwire Mesh, which is less noticeable, and you'll end up with this :
vlcsnap-2016-01-16-17h34m55s704.png
vlcsnap-2016-01-16-17h35m38s558.png

Check out my Youtube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/unclefestorable
CynicalHippie
Mortal

Post by CynicalHippie »

Oh thanks for the help man! I appreciate it! I had finally managed to remove her hat already though. I went about it two ways with slightly different results. I guess in a similar way to you.

First I tried moving Sonya_A over to Sonya_C. And it works perfectly! The only drawback is that you lose Sonya_C, but I'm not that pushed on that costume anyway so it's no big loss to me. There's no artefacts of her hat floating around and it even removes it from the Select Screen and the Character Viewer.

Then I tried it without losing Sonya_C by replacing Sonya_A_ScriptAssets with Sonya_C_ScriptAssets. She still wears her hat on the Select Screen and the Character Viewer but it's gone during the fights. So I guess it was a success too. I might just upload two versions of it when I'm finished, for those that don't mind losing Sonya_C and those that do.

I take it the accessories certain characters have are contained in their main characters files as well as their ScriptAsset files for use on the Select Screen. Like I'd noticed that if you alter Kitana's fans in her Assets file, it'll change them during the fight but you have to edit them in the Char_Kitana_A file for it to take effect on the Select Screen. Hmmmm.....

Thanks for your help! The hat is cool but I'm really liking this costume without it for a change. :lol:
UncleFestor
Grand Master

Post by UncleFestor »

Np, glad u got it sorted out.
Check out my Youtube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/unclefestorable
joven1
Immortal
PSN: joven4516

Post by joven1 »

Guy's if its posible to add cap into this Retro MK1 Skin to mare a MK4 Sonya skin... thanks...
Attachments
Sonya_Blade_MK1_1.jpg

Return to “Mortal Kombat X PC Modding Tutorials and Discussions”