thethiny
Immortal
Side: Light
PSN: thethiny
XBox Live: thethiny

[Tutorial] Creating Custom DLCs - Unlocking Any DLC/Skin

Post by thethiny »

Hi,
So I'll be teaching you how to modify the contents of the DLCs already available in the game to unlock any skin (or basically ANYTHING you want) or even add your own DLC.

Tools Required:
-Notepad++
-Coalesend Editor
-Any DLC to start with.

First of all, download the Editor and place it anywhere you want, you'll get a few files along with two batch files called Extract and Repack. Go to your game's folder and go to \AddOnContent\ContentPackages\[DLC NAME HERE]\Config and copy the .ini file found in here and place it inside the "Original" folder found where you placed the Editor, make sure to name the .ini file "Coaelsend.ini" or else the Editor won't find it.

Next you have to run Extract, you'll find a folder called Extract with a .ini file inside. Open Notepad++ and open the ini, you'll notice a few black things then a Letter (C, D, F...etc depends on where you installed your game) followed by this ":", Remove the letter and the symbol and the slash "\" so you start with "perforce" instead.

Save and close this file. This ini is just a temp file that the Editor uses, what you wanna edit are the other ini files found inside the folders ($CacheDir for coalsencd and perforce for DLC), you need to open this ini.

Now as you see below in the ini file, here are the characters and stuff that are DLC, to add your own DLC all you have to do is add this under " [MK10Game.MK10GameSettings] ":

+mLIDInfo=(mName="[Object you want to unlock]", mKey="[Do not edit this, I don't know what happens if you do I didn't try yet but it must work.]"

for example:
+mLIDInfo=(mName="CHAR_SUBZERO_V", mKey="BLUESTEELSUBZERO")
this will unlock Blue Steel Subzero. It is okay if the mKey is BLUESTEELSUBZERO while the mName is SCORPION for example, nothing bad will happen.

Save and close.

Now go back and run the "Repack" file, it should work fine and then you'll see a folder called Output, inside you'll find your new coalesend.ini file. Copy this and place it inside the DLC folder which you took the first ini from. The name of the ini doesn't matter as long as the folder is correct (for example, you can have BLUESTEELSUBZERO/Config/BLABLARUBBISH.ini but not SubZBLUESKin/Config/coalesend.ini).

Run the game and everything should work fine. I'll try to post pictures soon.

Thanks UncleFestor.

A quick messed up video tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0Mp6AQGYxs
Last edited by thethiny on Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:58 am, edited 4 times in total.

All of my Mortal Kombat 11 Mods are now unified under a Single Thread. Click The Image to go to the thread.
UncleFestor
Grand Master
Side: Darkness

Re: Creating Custom DLCs - Unlocking Any DLC/Skin [Tutorial]

Post by UncleFestor »

Just for clarification, there's no need to edit the ini that's in the Extracted folder. That's just a temp file. It's decrypted & used for the repacking process. You need to edit the extracted ini, which in your tut is the one in the last subfolder.

Also mkey is the "Key" that's used for the particular file you want to unlock.
Check out my Youtube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/unclefestorable
LuckyDearly
Apprentice

Post by LuckyDearly »

This looks cool though I keep getting an error whenever I try to do this

here's the error:

incomplete input file 0: C:\user\mydesktopusername\desktop\MKX Coalesced Extract & Repack\extract\coalescred.ini

can't read 1701015878 bytes from offset 00000131.

last script line before the error or that produced the error: 10 getdstring name nsize

error repacking Extract\coalescred.ini
thethiny
Immortal

Post by thethiny »

Make sure your edit the first ini file inside "Extract" to remove "C:\" from the first line.

All of my Mortal Kombat 11 Mods are now unified under a Single Thread. Click The Image to go to the thread.
LuckyDearly
Apprentice

Post by LuckyDearly »

hmm I did that in the first ini file in the extract folder, still comes up with an error though
thethiny
Immortal

Post by thethiny »

Are you using notepad++?

UncleFestor
Grand Master
Side: Darkness

Post by UncleFestor »

There's no need to do any of that. The Unpacker script was updated to allow unpacking of DLC ini's
Check out my Youtube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/unclefestorable
zepterrian
Grand Master

Post by zepterrian »

i´ve been trying to repack the file for a long time but i´m getting the same error as LuckyDearly : "incomplete input file 0.." can you tell me the solution?
For the raptor race...
thethiny
Immortal

Post by thethiny »

Tell me in details, step by step, what you're doing.

zepterrian
Grand Master

Post by zepterrian »

well the first thing i do is to take the DLC ini file (in my case CoalescedSkinPack_JasonVorhees__MK10Game.ini). then i put it inside the "original" folder. i run "Extract.bat" and it spit out a new "CoalescedSkinPack_JasonVorhees__MK10Game.ini" file and a folder called "perforce". i open the new ini file with notepad and delete "C:\" so it begins with "perforce". i do not touch anything else and go to "Repack.bat" and it gives me the error "incomplete input file 0..blabla...error repacking Extract\CoalescedSkinPack_JasonVorhees__MK10Game.ini" just like LuckyDearly up above.
i also tried with another DLC ini file, and also using the older "Extract" and "Repack" files where you need to rename the DLC ini file to "Coalesced.ini" so the .bat files detect it, the same thing you do in your tut, and even also tried to run them as administrator but nothing changes..
For the raptor race...
thethiny
Immortal

Post by thethiny »

I think it is because you need to rename the file to Coealesced.ini too, I actually modified my script to support DLC, wait let me try uploading my files to you.
Attachments
Coalesend Extractor.zip
(1.81 KiB) Downloaded 299 times

zepterrian
Grand Master

Post by zepterrian »

i´m getting the same error.. i put the DLC ini in the original folder and i rename it to Coalesced.ini, i run extract.bat, then open the new coalesced.ini in the extract folder, delete "C:\", save the change, run repack.bat but it is still giving me the same error..are you sure there is nothing else to consider?
For the raptor race...
thethiny
Immortal

Post by thethiny »

Well, there's the fact that you must not use notepad and instead use Notepad++. I will search for a video I uploaded.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0Mp6AQGYxs

zepterrian
Grand Master

Post by zepterrian »

mmm.. i think you are right and i bet that´s been the problem. i´ll watch your video then.. but i have two more questions i´d like to ask:
1- this is a little embarrassing question but how do i get Notepad++. Does that come with windows? because i still have windows7 and never notice about a "Notepad++".
2- is it possible to add alt costumes like in mkke with this method? ´cuz it´s a pretty similar way of doing that.
For the raptor race...
thethiny
Immortal

Post by thethiny »

hunter92 wrote:mmm.. i think you are right and i bet that´s been the problem. i´ll watch your video then.. but i have two more questions i´d like to ask:
1- this is a little embarrassing question but how do i get Notepad++. Does that come with windows? because i still have windows7 and never notice about a "Notepad++".
2- is it possible to add alt costumes like in mkke with this method? ´cuz it´s a pretty similar way of doing that.
1-https://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v6.8.1.html
2-Not yet.

Return to “Mortal Kombat X PC Modding Tutorials and Discussions”