How change a costume instead another of the same character?+

tagliagole
Apprentice

How change a costume instead another of the same character?+

Post by tagliagole »

as in the topic title..
some mod here are 10000 way best of some vanilla costume...
i simply triyng to put the classic mk2 scorpion costume at the place of the infrared costume(useless for me)
in this method i can keep the mk4 classic costume and the mk2 costume at the same time...

another thing... is possible change the variation of the costumes? like keep the mask for oll reptile variation?

Thanks !

tagliagole
Apprentice

Re: How change a costume instead another of the same charact

Post by tagliagole »

is not possible to do?
thethiny
Immortal
Side: Light
PSN: thethiny
XBox Live: thethiny

Post by thethiny »

It is possible but you need to edit the file using a hex editor.

All of my Mortal Kombat 11 Mods are now unified under a Single Thread. Click The Image to go to the thread.
Bluraysymas
Warrior

Post by Bluraysymas »

Yeah is possible and easy
tagliagole
Apprentice

Post by tagliagole »

I ALREADY USED THE HEX EDITOR WITH METAL GEAR RISING ... CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN ME.. OR EVEN ALSO GIVE ME A LINK ON SOME TUTORIAL?
Bluraysymas
Warrior

Post by Bluraysymas »

To change the varations you can use the color picker
thethiny
Immortal

Post by thethiny »

Klassic Scorpion is CHAR_Scorpion_N
Tournament Scorpion is CHAR_Scorpion_C
Let's say you downloaded MK4 Scorpion that replaces CHAR_Scorpion_N but you don't want to remove Klassic Scorpion, so this is what you do:
-Open the MK4 Scorpion Skin in HEX Editor (The name should be CHAR_Scorpion_N).
-If you use HxD, Press Control+R, else search for "Replace".
-Search for Scorpion_N and Replace it with Scorpion_C.
-Save and exit.
-Rename the file from CHAR_Scorpion_N to CHAR_Scorpion_C and out it inside the Assets folder (make sure to backup.

Now you have MK4 as Tournament Scorpion and you still have Klassic Scorpion.

All of my Mortal Kombat 11 Mods are now unified under a Single Thread. Click The Image to go to the thread.
KingKRool2002
Warrior
Side: Darkness

Post by KingKRool2002 »

I'm wondering if this can be used to add costumes to dlc characters and add more costumes to regular characters? I believe all dlc characters (and regular characters' default costume) are A, so in theory changing the letter to B in hex editor would make it a new costume. I'm assuming you then can add the new costume to the coalesced ini file (or wherever dlc costume packs are added into the coding of the game). I'm not very tech savvy, so I have no idea if this would actually work, but in theory it should work. Maybe someone with better computer skills then me could try this and let me know if it works? Then we could add costumes to all characters!

UPDATE: Does anyone know how to decrypt the X64TOC.txt file? I think that's necessary to add the new costumes. I tried just adding them to the coalesced ini and eng files (using the extract/repack tool), but they don't show up in-game, so I'm assuming they somehow need to be added to the txt file. Hopefully someone can figure out a way to decrypt it soon.
thethiny
Immortal

Post by thethiny »

KingKRool2002 wrote:I'm wondering if this can be used to add costumes to dlc characters and add more costumes to regular characters? I believe all dlc characters (and regular characters' default costume) are A, so in theory changing the letter to B in hex editor would make it a new costume. I'm assuming you then can add the new costume to the coalesced ini file (or wherever dlc costume packs are added into the coding of the game). I'm not very tech savvy, so I have no idea if this would actually work, but in theory it should work. Maybe someone with better computer skills then me could try this and let me know if it works? Then we could add costumes to all characters!

UPDATE: Does anyone know how to decrypt the X64TOC.txt file? I think that's necessary to add the new costumes. I tried just adding them to the coalesced ini and eng files (using the extract/repack tool), but they don't show up in-game, so I'm assuming they somehow need to be added to the txt file. Hopefully someone can figure out a way to decrypt it soon.
Adding new files and adding lines of code to the ini file WON'T add new costumes because they are not read from there, I think it is in the exe, but again I don't think so at the same time. It's definitely not in the ini, so it MAY be in the X64TOC, I don't know. I think the first update of the game didn't have it encrypted so I'll take a look into that.

KingKRool2002
Warrior

Post by KingKRool2002 »

Ok, thanks. Please let me know what you find.
UncleFestor
Grand Master

Post by UncleFestor »

X64TOC is just a Table Of Contents text file.
1.) Yes every package that is in the game is listed there.
2.) No Just having a costume listed there will not allow the game to load that Costume/File
3.) It might be required, in the games current state, to have any new costume to be listed there, but that alone will NOT enable them.
Check out my Youtube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/unclefestorable

Return to “Mortal Kombat X PC Modding Tutorials and Discussions”