Removing the framerate lock on cutscenes, x-rays and fatals

acowsik
Mortal
Side: Light
PSN: acowsik
XBox Live: acowsik

Removing the framerate lock on cutscenes, x-rays and fatals

Post by acowsik »

Am sure by now, its well known that while the combat runs at a smooth 60fps framerate, the story mode cutscenes, match intros, menu animations, x-rays and fatalities are all locked at 30fps.

While NRS would have done this keeping the consoles in mind, the PC platform due to its better hardware capabilities and providing much better visual and performance levels compared to the PS4 and XBOX ONE should be able to run the game at a full 60fps all the time wherever we are.

Is this framerate lock defined somewhere in the coalesced.ini settings on extraction or is it defined somewhere out of reach of those who have been able to mod the game so far.

Any breakthroughs on this would be phenomenal as it would provide the best experience possible of MKX barring the issues that plague the PC version currently.

BuckFastMonk
Mortal
Side: Light
PSN: N/A
XBox Live: N/A

Re: Removing the framerate lock on cutscenes, x-rays and fat

Post by BuckFastMonk »

Hmm, I dont know the answer to this, but I would love to see it removed too.

Im kinda wondering if the X-Rays and Fatalities are pre-baked, like the cutscenes? I cant find Bik movie files for them in the folders, but the x-rays and fatalities look like they have anti-ailising in them. Better quality than the FXAA you get in the game. Or it could just be my imagination?

It makes little sense for them to jump to 30 fps, then back to normal. It is really jarring.

I have had fraps/nvidia shadowplay overlays on, to check the FPS, and because of the jumping/transitioning, it can mess with the gameplay FPS for a few seconds.

Might not seem like much, but it can be the difference between the game running smoothly, and winning! Or just being a mess...
Like everything in life...
It seemed like a good idea at the time...

Return to “Mortal Kombat X PC Modding Tutorials and Discussions”