Cannot Wait!

alfamega
Mortal
XBox Live: alfamega

Cannot Wait!

Post by alfamega »

I cannot wait to start seeing your guys skins! I know there really needs to be a fix for FPS drop though. I am running an AMD FX 6300 6 Core liquid cooled at 5GHz and a R9 270x 4GB OC, and 24GB of DDR4 Ram so its not my PC and other people with better rigs have the same issue and i am talking about in game fighting not cutscenes and xrays. Anyways I hope to see your skins!

PS: Erron Black is my main and red is my fav color so hope to see one for him *wink wink*

wyruzzah
Immortal

Re: Cannot Wait!

Post by wyruzzah »

For now there is no way to extract textures from new MKX .xxx packages and etc., so if Gildor or someone will not make umodel compatible with new .xxx, we will never see skins for MKX.

Here is what Gildor wrote on his forum.

''Got it. Quickly checked the code - the engine was changed a lot. Previous MK versions used very old UE3 version, and it looks like the company's programmers extended that old version with newer features, but they didn't bother to make it even a bit compatible with original engine.

In my opinion, it's quite possible that the game will not be supported at all - or I'll need to write another one UModel, with support with just-this-one-game. Of course I'll try to support it - a bit later, when I'll have more free time (because this is definitely not a quick task). Even supporting the package format (without extraction of textures/meshes/etc) is very hard, and I'm expecting even more troubles with meshes.''
norQ
Mortal
Side: Darkness

Post by norQ »

Hope u guys somehow pull it off. I can barely stand the new Ermac design. The bad thing is that even if u manage to make modding skin-wise possible u won't be able to fix the horrible animations. The way some characters move is just laughable.
alfamega
Mortal

Post by alfamega »

Thanks for that information wyruzzah! And that's makes sense because I could not extract the textures from the xxx files, it would just crash basically :( all I wanted to do was extract Jason's textures and see how complete he was because if I tried to name swap his assets in the game like with Sindel and others, it would just crash
DocX
Warrior

Post by DocX »

Now I have the skin for cold war scorpion but dragging and dropping the ini file in the addons folder does not make it selectable in the game. I bought my game from steam. Do you know how to make the skins show up? Evidently they work fine on a pirated copy but not on my legit one. I have the files I can give you if you need them to experiment with.
a.martin
God
PSN: -
XBox Live: -

Post by a.martin »

DocX wrote:Now I have the skin for cold war scorpion but dragging and dropping the ini file in the addons folder does not make it selectable in the game. I bought my game from steam. Do you know how to make the skins show up? Evidently they work fine on a pirated copy but not on my legit one. I have the files I can give you if you need them to experiment with.
you say that an Ini file on the addons folder worked on a non-original version to unlock the skins? where? :/ I'm curious :P
alfamega
Mortal

Post by alfamega »

DocX wrote:Now I have the skin for cold war scorpion but dragging and dropping the ini file in the addons folder does not make it selectable in the game. I bought my game from steam. Do you know how to make the skins show up? Evidently they work fine on a pirated copy but not on my legit one. I have the files I can give you if you need them to experiment with.
I would like for you to upload the Cold War skin! :) Please!?
DocX
Warrior

Post by DocX »

Ill post a link here as soon as I have it uploaded. I actually have a bunch of stuff for it so Ill upload the whole thing incase you need some of the other files to get it to work. I tried unencrypting the main MKX coalescence.ini file last night but both programs I used crashed. Thought maybe i had to edit that so I haven't had any luck. All the ini,s are encrypted as far as I can tell.
Last edited by DocX on Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
wyruzzah
Immortal

Post by wyruzzah »

Yeah if you have .ini files you can unlock all skins from Kombat Pack, Goro etc. I have orginal version too, so some skins not work for me, but when i use crack.. all skins works just fine.

Goro and Kold War Scorpion unlock down below.
Attachments
MKX - Goro, Kold War Scorpion.rar
Copy content to your MKX installation directory.
(1.67 KiB) Downloaded 192 times
DocX
Warrior

Post by DocX »

Are you still hooked to steam and playing online with that?
DocX
Warrior

Post by DocX »

Here are all the ini files I have for all of the dlc skins, http://1drv.ms/1ID1pBg If you can make them work Id love ot know how. This is all of them as far as I know.
wyruzzah
Immortal

Post by wyruzzah »

DocX wrote:Are you still hooked to steam and playing online with that?
No i did not tried online yet, my MKX really stuttering and sometimes i must wait even 4 minutes to load match.. i hope they fix some optimization more, but i must admit my hardware is little old :(
DocX
Warrior

Post by DocX »

wyruzzah wrote:
DocX wrote:Are you still hooked to steam and playing online with that?
No i did not tried online yet, my MKX really stuttering and sometimes i must wait even 4 minutes to load match.. i hope they fix some optimization more, but i must admit my hardware is little old :(
I know turning down the particles and then turning off the things like depth of field and stuff in advanced seems to help make it run smoother. Its just really cpu intensive for some reason. Wish they had the graphics card doing more of the work. Ya hopefully they optimise it better.
DocX
Warrior

Post by DocX »

This is all the crack files that I dont know if you need to make the skins work.
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

Please don't post links to cracks or illegal copies of the game.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster

Return to “Mortal Kombat X PC Modding Tutorials and Discussions”