[NCM] Frost by mkxuser and DickChapy

DickChapy
Warrior

[NCM] Frost by mkxuser and DickChapy

Post by DickChapy »

This is Frost over SubZero. Made by mkxuser and meshwapped by me.

BUGS:
-Can't play against Jacqui with this skin
-No SFX in Towers

---DOWNLOAD---
SubZero_F Frost.7z
(55.71 MiB) Downloaded 1924 times
20170708094016_1.jpg
20170708094245_1.jpg
20170708094556_1.jpg

Gaia
Apprentice

Re: [NCM] Frost by mkxuser and DickChapy

Post by Gaia »

Looks great! Nice job :D
"Blind loyalty is not a good thing,
as I have learned.''

''You must keep your eyes open,
to anticipate the finishing blow."
mustafammk9456
Mortal

Post by mustafammk9456 »

excellent mod. but how did you keep the female voice (prevent subzero original voice )?
DickChapy
Warrior

Post by DickChapy »

mustafammk9456 wrote:excellent mod. but how did you keep the female voice (prevent subzero original voice )?
I kept all the voice references to be for Jacqui. For example, instead of 'SND_VO_SubZero' it's 'SND_VO_JaxJr'.
Oromgu
Mortal
Side: Darkness

Post by Oromgu »

Great work man
joven1
Immortal
PSN: joven4516

Post by joven1 »

Great job guys nice teamwork
thethiny
Immortal
Side: Light
PSN: thethiny
XBox Live: thethiny

Post by thethiny »

One of the CHAR_Subzero needs to be renamed to Jacqui_DLC.

All of my Mortal Kombat 11 Mods are now unified under a Single Thread. Click The Image to go to the thread.
Nightscales
Mortal

Post by Nightscales »

Hi there,

I'm absolutely new to implementing MKX mods and there doesn't seem to be any readme file explaining the installation steps in the archive nor a sticky on the forum with clear instructions.
Can anyone, please, clarify on how to install this mod?
Thank you.
zepterrian
Grand Master

Post by zepterrian »

go here viewtopic.php?f=97&t=9054. Follow step by step the last video and download the first file which is MKX DLC Manager v1.0.0.4 . You should be fine with it.
For the raptor race...
Nightscales
Mortal

Post by Nightscales »

Ok, I've downloaded the MKX DLC Manager v1.0.0.4, but the rest is unclear to say the least...

1. According to the 4th video (v2 quick) I need .tfc, .xxx and .mko files, but the Frost archive above contains only 2 .xxx files. Is something amiss?

2. Do I need any additional tools downloaded? The videos depict folders with either MKX Modding Tools or x64Tool (or smth). Not to mention the launching of Costume Adder v2, which obviously isn't the DLC Manager and its contents look completely different. But the page's changelog states "do not download on the files including costume adder v2...

3. I have the Steam version of the game with already swapped .dll files 3dm64 & bink2w64 (the so-called crack). So far, I've located the Asset directory and copied the 2 .xxx files there. No overwriting was necessary. No idea what else to do. What files to rename and WHATEVER. INSTRUCTIONS UNCLEAR. This is so frustrating.

4. And to top things, my antivirus keeps blocking "2Trojan.Gen8!cloud" every time I launch the DLC Manager I've downloaded...

I really want that outstanding, Frosty addition... So I'm not giving up yet, but definitely need more help than a probably outdated guide.
Nightscales
Mortal

Post by Nightscales »

I've attempted to pick the add skin (whatever) option after launching the DLC Manager and it switched its program name to "Coming Soon," and showed only "One day... One day..."

This is ridiculous. Is any tool on this site up to date? How do you test these uploaded mods with no instructions coming from their makers?
zepterrian
Grand Master

Post by zepterrian »

you dont need anything but the game files indicated in the video. and the tool you downloaded. Coalesced.ini (found inside the config folder), coalesced.eng(found inside the localization folder), and the .toc file (inside the game folder) are the files you will always need to have so the game reads your mods. The rest of the files which go inside the content folder are found in the asset folder of the game (except the file with extention .mko which you find it inside the MKScript folder of the game). what files are these?. if you download the mod youll see its name is subzero_f which means youll have to take subzero's files and put them all in the content folder. what's the new letter youll assign them following the video?.. the same as your mod's, that is, f. Then back up your original first three files i mentioned previously and just copy paste these new ones along with the mod.

And about the message 'one day..', yes i got confused the first time i choose that option either
:) but it is a joke.. cause we cannot add extra Characters, only skins for those that already are in game.

Also mods are installed in the same way always.. so dont expect to find instructions in every post cause there's only one way to do it, and that way is explained in the link i attached. Modders always consider you already know how to install mods.
For the raptor race...
Nightscales
Mortal

Post by Nightscales »

Following your guidence, I've made a backup of those coalesced files and TOC, then copied them again into the following directory:
"D:\G\Steam\steamapps\common\MK10\MKX Mods\DLC Manager\Files"
The Manager's .exe is naturally located within the "DLC Manager" folder and "Contents" folder within "Files," beside the first 3 mentioned.
I've found numerous CHAR_SubZero_ files of .xxx, .tfc and .mko types; namely:
A, B, C, K, N, and V.
I've decided to go with V.
So I've copied all those Vs into my Content folder and launched the Manager. Chose 1, pressed enter... and as always been greeted with: "One day... One day..."
PLUS, my Norton once again blocked that trojan I've mentioned before. The Manager never loads anything. There's no bloody result whether I have things arranged in folders or not.
I can't assign anything. The program doesn't work.

Is the 1.0.0.4 version bugged/infected/out of date? What did I misplace/done wrong?
Which "letters" should I substitute for "Fs"? All of them? One of my choosing?
Where do the .xxx files found in the archive go? The Content folder with everything else? The Assets? Won't the system ask for overwriting with those renamed core files? What's the point?
How are the original 3 files "changed"? Are there new copies generated within some folder?
What was that comment above saying one needs to change some CHAR_SubZero into Jacqui_DLC?

--
Bugger. I've been trying to add a character rather than a skin, that's been my mistake. Now when I choose a skin (with a 0) and confirm english language, I get an error stating the system cannot find some nonulle.exe file.
I think it's connected to the trojan warning I get from my Norton, possibly saw the name in details before.
Is this thing really safe to run? Any other users had to ignore such a reaction?
zepterrian
Grand Master

Post by zepterrian »

yeah just ignore option 1. you'll basically be using option 0. maybe it's a little late to say this.
and honestly i never heard (or read) anything about that error. but i can tell you this is absolutely a safe program cause it's been done by one reliable person here in the forums. @thethiny if you read this what do you say about the nonull.exe file error??

if i were in your place i would do exactly this:
-download the tool once again (to make sure the .exe file is not corrupted in some way because of the antivirus. idk if that's a necessary step (i think not) but doing this i would discard a possible problem)
-temporarily deactivate my antivirus
-extract the file and run it

answering some of your questions before..
-suppose you take subzero_v's files. the files you need to clone are those shown in the video. they are DISM files, _SCRIPTASSETS, and TFCs. And the .mko file found in the MKScript folder. They all go into the "Content" folder. The three other files (coalesceds and .toc) go outside the "Content" folder.
-the three files are changed like this: the tool you use, that is the .exe file, writes inside them the necessary entries so the game notices about the new costumes you're adding. without those entries, the game would just run not knowing that you have put a ton of new mods.
-to avoid having to replace files (costumes) the tool assigns your new costume a different letter. you said subzero has this files. subzero_A, B, C, K, N and V.. in fact they are costumes. You, through the tool, will decide which letter the your new costume will have (in this case you'll choose F to match the downloaded mod).
-at the end of the process the tool will give you the resulting files with the letter you assigned inside their corresponding folders in game. Note that the only files you'll be replacing are the Coalesced.ini, Coalesced.eng and the .TOC. So you have to back up the originals before replacing.
For the raptor race...
Nightscales
Mortal

Post by Nightscales »

All right, I'll give it a try without the connection later today, but I'm bugged with one last thing beforehand.

The two .xxx files included in the archive. Where and at what point do they go into?
Am I to place them in the Content directory along with the V's? Or paste them into Assets after I merge all the generated files with my game folder and overwrite?

This whole idea of generating new F's is bemldering, while having the downloaded ones at hand, although I expect it is linked to modifying those coalsced files...

Also, big thanks for all the time you've spared so far in regards to my posts, Zepterrian.

Return to “Mortal Kombat X PC Skins, DLCs and NPCs”