Register    Login    Search   View active topics    FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: [Tutorial] Change Green Lantern's Construct Colors
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:40 am 
Immortal

bober1995: For hair color i just change texture :)

Last edited by wyruzzah on Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:42 am 
Immortal

bober1995: About that texture bug. You need save texture as .DDS (Interpolated alpha), if texture have alpha channel and if dont save texture as .DDS (No alpha).

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:50 am 
Mortal

wyruzzah wrote:
bober1995: About that texture bug. You need save texture as .DDS (Interpolated alpha), if texture have alpha channel and if dont save texture as .DDS (No alpha).

I was saving as that, that's why I'm confused. I changed the colors of the lantern adn his hand glow in photoshop, saved it as the .dds injuected the file and it came out looking like in the picture.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:54 am 
Immortal

bober1995 wrote:
wyruzzah wrote:

I was saving as that, that's why I'm confused. I changed the colors of the lantern adn his hand glow in photoshop, saved it as the .dds injuected the file and it came out looking like in the picture.

U must doing something wrong man, because i tried this too and trails from minigun, lantern container was red without any bug. Do u use GIMP or Photoshop?

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:02 am 
Mortal

wyruzzah wrote:
bober1995 wrote:
wyruzzah wrote:

U must doing something wrong man, because i tried this too and trails from minigun, lantern container was red without any bug. Do u use GIMP or Photoshop?

Photoshop, yeah I'll try again I must be screwing something up.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:04 am 
Immortal

bober1995: Yep something is wrong :)

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:52 am 
Mortal

wyruzzah wrote:

I am doing the exact same thing I would do to change the skin of the charactor but for some reason no matter what I do I get the white lines thing. You are simply changing the color of the GL_HandGLow_4X2_Emis file and saving it as the .dds correct? and then injecting it back in your CHAR_ file? This is what I'm doing and it is not working.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:03 pm 
Immortal

bober1995 wrote:
wyruzzah wrote:

I am doing the exact same thing I would do to change the skin of the charactor but for some reason no matter what I do I get the white lines thing. You are simply changing the color of the GL_HandGLow_4X2_Emis file and saving it as the .dds correct? and then injecting it back in your CHAR_ file? This is what I'm doing and it is not working.

Yep, well try my edited textures and inject them (GL_HandGLow_4X2_Emis, GL_A_Lantern_Diff (change A to whatever is your character) , GL_Lantern_Diff) - https://www.mediafire.com/?p6keh6t428z8y94

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:49 pm 
Mortal

wyruzzah wrote:
bober1995 wrote:
wyruzzah wrote:

Yep, well try my edited textures and inject them (GL_HandGLow_4X2_Emis, GL_A_Lantern_Diff (change A to whatever is your character) , GL_Lantern_Diff) - https://www.mediafire.com/?p6keh6t428z8y94

Thank you for letting me try them, I injected them and they work perfectly. I was thinkng i may have been injecting them wrong but apparently not. I tried editing yours back to green and saving it to see if it is the way I am saving it and it was all stripey again so my problem is there. I'm saving it as a .dds though. I'll keep trying to figure it out, thanks for the help =)

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:11 pm 
Mortal

wyruzzah: I figured out the problem, when saving the edited versions of the lantern and glow I had to save them as a DXT1 version of the .dds file. Have you been able to figure out how to change the color of his body glow?

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:56 pm 
Immortal

bober1995 wrote:
wyruzzah: I figured out the problem, when saving the edited versions of the lantern and glow I had to save them as a DXT1 version of the .dds file. Have you been able to figure out how to change the color of his body glow?

Im glad that i could help :) Well no i didnt tried, but as unclefestor wrote.. u probably need find some constructs like mimic (thats how it call that glow around whole body) manually like in post that posted before.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:11 pm 
Mortal

wyruzzah wrote:
bober1995 wrote:

Im glad that i could help :) Well no i didnt tried, but as unclefestor wrote.. u probably need find some constructs like mimic (thats how it call that glow around whole body) manually like in post that posted before.

I've been trying to find different structures manually but I'm having a hard time getting the color picker to work with them. Once you find the structure you want to change the color of how do you find the other thing that affects the color through the hex editor? this is the part I'm having trouble with and also manually adding the structures to the structures.ini for the color picker

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:35 pm 
God

PSN: -
XBox Live: -
for now the tutorial worked excelent! :D but there are still some loose ends but goes pretty well take a look

but the things I haven't managed to make white are
for example:
-the glow around the char stills green
-the lights that it's proyected from the ring to the construct
-the shining of a few of the constructs

Attachments:
Injustice 2014-07-05 21-26-52-08.jpg
Injustice 2014-07-05 21-26-52-08.jpg [ 102.24 KiB | Viewed 2740 times ]
Injustice 2014-07-05 21-26-58-67.jpg
Injustice 2014-07-05 21-26-58-67.jpg [ 69.92 KiB | Viewed 2740 times ]
Injustice 2014-07-05 21-27-00-40.jpg
Injustice 2014-07-05 21-27-00-40.jpg [ 100.4 KiB | Viewed 2740 times ]
Injustice 2014-07-05 21-27-03-20.jpg
Injustice 2014-07-05 21-27-03-20.jpg [ 108.09 KiB | Viewed 2740 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:31 am 
Immortal

a.martin wrote:
for now the tutorial worked excelent! :D but there are still some loose ends but goes pretty well take a look

but the things I haven't managed to make white are
for example:
-the glow around the char stills green
-the lights that it's proyected from the ring to the construct
-the shining of a few of the constructs

Nice job man. I wrote unclefestor some long ago if he can send me his .ini file with almost all added constructs, so we dont need look for missing constructs manually, because he will not release his Red Lantern i think, but he not responded and thats pity. So yep we must find all remaining colors for color picke by self.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:33 am 
Immortal

bober1995 wrote:
I've been trying to find different structures manually but I'm having a hard time getting the color picker to work with them. Once you find the structure you want to change the color of how do you find the other thing that affects the color through the hex editor? this is the part I'm having trouble with and also manually adding the structures to the structures.ini for the color picker

Sorry man, but im not very experienced in searching constructs manually too :(

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next