Aquaman_A (Flashpoint) torso armor reflectiveness?

CappiedieLaggidy
Apprentice
PSN: Steam: caplagrobin | Aiyetoro Metruian
XBox Live: CapLagRobin

Aquaman_A (Flashpoint) torso armor reflectiveness?

Post by CappiedieLaggidy »

I made a certain reskin of the Flashpoint suit for Aquaman and tried to recolor the torso armor to make it look like skin. Looked great on the XNALara model, but in the game, it looked like this.
242700_20160425120535_1.png
I've tried everything to remove the reflection effect, even tried using Hex Editor and renaming the shared armor textures and materials inside the package, didn't do anything. Do I just forget this, or is this fixable?

a.martin
God
PSN: -
XBox Live: -

Re: Aquaman_A (Flashpoint) torso armor reflectiveness?

Post by a.martin »

CappiedieLaggidy wrote:I made a certain reskin of the Flashpoint suit for Aquaman and tried to recolor the torso armor to make it look like skin. Looked great on the XNALara model, but in the game, it looked like this.
242700_20160425120535_1.png
I've tried everything to remove the reflection effect, even tried using Hex Editor and renaming the shared armor textures and materials inside the package, didn't do anything. Do I just forget this, or is this fixable?
first of all, pretty badass work man! it looks great! :D

maybe this is a dumb guess.. but in the spec textures the chest area has light colors? like white for example? in some older skins I've made that shiny effect sometimes happened beacuse the spec files had some pretty white colors on some parts and that gave the shiny effect on the skin..

that for example helped made this skin look shinny
CappiedieLaggidy
Apprentice
PSN: Steam: caplagrobin | Aiyetoro Metruian
XBox Live: CapLagRobin

Re: Aquaman_A (Flashpoint) torso armor reflectiveness?

Post by CappiedieLaggidy »

a.martin wrote: first of all, pretty badass work man! it looks great! :D

maybe this is a dumb guess.. but in the spec textures the chest area has light colors? like white for example? in some older skins I've made that shiny effect sometimes happened beacuse the spec files had some pretty white colors on some parts and that gave the shiny effect on the skin..

that for example helped made this skin look shinny

Thanks for the response, but this is how the spec map looks like:
Aquaman_A_Spec.png
It looks like the body's colors are the same as the head's, and the alpha channel seems to be empty (completely black), so it's probably not the spec's fault...

I really hope there's a way to fix it...

Return to “Injustice: Gods Among Us PC Tutorials and Discussions”