Editing Models

thesage
Mortal

Editing Models

Post by thesage »

Most likely a bit of a noob question, however, is there a reason why none of the models are ever edited to create brand new characters? Not that I myself mod or create models. I guess I am just confused on what makes this game different from other games from a model editing perspective? When I pop open the .xxx files for Wonder Woman in the Batgirl dlc, I see the skeletal mesh files. Not to oversimplify it but wouldn't one just edit that file to create new model meshes. Then rezip the file to have a new character model. With all the talent on this board I guess I am a little lost.

wyruzzah
Immortal

Re: Editing Models

Post by wyruzzah »

It wasnt possible to import, swap meshes from different games even from similiar engine (Injustice, MKX).. and you cannot just rezip .xxx packages, but now when Tetzrep, Aman etc. is able to import models or swap models and make .xxx package actually work in game... i think it will be possible in time or i hope :D
thesage
Mortal

Post by thesage »

Sorry for not responding for quite some time, I actually completely forgot that I had asked this :D lol I was genuinely curious however. You gave me the answer I half expected :( given that it took me maybe 3 minutes of searching to originally find those mesh files I figured it hadn't been missed/overlooked and thus already previously addressed. I could not however find a thread to confirm my hypothesis. So I appreciate your response :)

It sounds as if there were a working process discovered there would still be people around to make the new characters? Not that I am familiar with the process however, I am fairly computer literate and a very quick learner. Given your response I can assume you had some idea of where the hang up occurred? Anything I can do, or attempt to get past this hurdle? Does the software just not allow rezipping? Or is it not recognized once it is done? Once this is figured out, is it going to be a situation of one particular engine, say MKX running all of the characters, or is this something people have considered making a brand new engine for? Speaking of which, would it be possible to do so? Construct a bare bones engine that would function like say M.U.G.E.N. to run all of the characters/arenas through? I know it's a large list of questions, and I appreciate all the time/feedback.
CappiedieLaggidy
Apprentice
PSN: Steam: caplagrobin | Aiyetoro Metruian
XBox Live: CapLagRobin

Post by CappiedieLaggidy »

Knowing how the audio swap works in Injustice, I think I know that it's certainly possible to swap (! not create) character models. But when I tried it, the game crashed, so I'm not completely there yet. And if I will manage to get it to work this lifetime, of course I'm posting how I did it.

Return to “Injustice: Gods Among Us PC Tutorials and Discussions”