Emerald Dawn - Parallax (green lantern skin project)

vajrasniper
Mortal

Emerald Dawn - Parallax (green lantern skin project)

Post by vajrasniper »

Hello Felas, i am from Brazil, and new here, and i saw some great modders here, and greatfull mods, and i am trying to mod these amazing games mortal kombat, and injustice,

and i am trying to start with something new, and i dont saw someone trying this
and the mod doesnt exist, this is just a simulation, using corel draw and adobe photoshop, to share my ideas, with all of yours, cause i am really getting a trouble trying to make dlc using a mod, i get some errors on game, when i am trying to do a blue lantern flash (yes i started wrong with the CHAR_flash.xxx, i noticed that is the wrong thing to do.. ) the i wanna try something diferent, cause i love the whole green lantern mythology, and for me is the one of the best of DC comics, and this game, just explore only the blackest night with few skins, like flash that i dont remember, in the comics he is not a zombie, but he getts possessed by parallax too, we have batman and superman as yellow lantern, wonder woman, as star saphire, lex luttor as orange lantern, even hall jordan, almost all colors that i will try to make, and new skins... and i litte question, IS THAT A EXTERNAL VIEWVER FOR THE MODELS OF THE MORTAL KOMBAT AND INJUSTICE? i found no one on the internet, i have to go in the game galery to view it.. how to see the model, instead in the game? can someone help me, and help me with a step by step to make a dlc and make the game recognize the dlc custom made as a dlc?

enough talk.. here is my simulation usin corel draw and adobe photoshop... (i am workin on the skin right now)

a little update... :D :D :D (but is not a dlc yet, so i dont wanna put a link to download link yet, till i can make him a dlc, not a simple reeskining, and make parallax, other chars, like sinestro, and flash too)

this is my result till now:
using green lantern "new 52" as a base to mod (if could be possible to edit the 3d model, i really wanted to make big changes... ) thats what i got, i wanna figure how to put a cape on him.. as superman, green lantern and sinestro are flyers chars, how to put a cape om him?

heymanjack
Apprentice

Re: Emerald Dawn - Parallax (green lantern skin project)

Post by heymanjack »

Nice concept art! but for the bad news, you can't remove the GL logo and you can't add a cape on the model :(
a.martin
God
PSN: -
XBox Live: -

Post by a.martin »

you could try to paint all the parts that form the chest logo to see if it looks black in game, I've at least acomplished that with a sinestro skin, his chest logo looks entirely black.

check those red parts on the file of sinestro, I've painted Black those parts, and it his chest logo looks entirely black, check the pic below
Attachments
Injustice 2014-02-17 13-26-45-73 copia.jpg
Injustice 2014-02-17 13-25-33-57.jpg
vajrasniper
Mortal

Post by vajrasniper »

this not apear on the new 52 costume.. and someone please could put the new 52 dlc for me.. as a download link, i just reinstaled the game
and it disappear, i need the new 52 cause i need to make the blue lantern flash, yellow lantern superman and batman too..
vajrasniper
Mortal

Post by vajrasniper »

and i got this error "bug_me" and i wanna replace with PARALLAXX... how do i do this... ?
a.martin
God

Post by a.martin »

vajrasniper wrote:and i got this error "bug_me" and i wanna replace with PARALLAXX... how do i do this... ?
(life bar)
you fix that in the language files. (you know.. the ENG, SPA, POR.. files) you change the name inside the "char_Greenlantern_(i don't know which letter).xxx" file with the hex editor, and after you have done that, you put that name in the language file, followed by an = and then the name you want on the life bar
it would look like. kinda like this (let's pretend you put this name in the char file.)
greeparallax=PARALLAX

(list of alternate costumes)
you write it on the language file like this.
CHAR_greenlantern_(letter)=PARALLAX

you can check this things on the posts of Heymanjack and Rizzn also you'll find all the tools you need.
SKIN MOD: http://www.mksecrets.net/forums/eng/vie ... =86&t=6811
LIFE BAR NAME: http://www.mksecrets.net/forums/eng/vie ... =86&t=6827
TURNING THE SKIN MOD INTO DLC SKIN: http://www.mksecrets.net/forums/eng/vie ... =86&t=6855

I hope you can make it :D
vajrasniper
Mortal

Post by vajrasniper »

for me you can expect... and i will try to do this..

parallax = (hall jordan and flash)
for those who whas any doubt about if a flash possessed by parallax really exists...
blue hope (blue lantern flash with the blue lantern symbol on power bar)
orange greed (hall jordan and lex luttor) with orange lantern symbol on powerbar
red rage (hal jordan and superman)
yellow fear ( batman, superman,)
star saphire ( wonder woman)
pure creation (white lantern sinestro)

and darkest night characters who are missing like
solomon grundy
martian manhunter
and others...

these are my project that i will be releasing time by time..

but any sign to see the game models on a kind of an external viewver?
a.martin
God

Post by a.martin »

vajrasniper wrote:
these are my project that i will be releasing time by time..

but any sign to see the game models on a kind of an external viewver?
for now, I don't know about any viewer, I use xnalara to check the original models and their damage to make a little faster the skins, or at least, I put the zombie mode on the game and check everytime on the practice mode, It's dumb I know, and It's takes a long time but I've managed to make like 15 skins so far :P
vajrasniper
Mortal

Post by vajrasniper »

but i spend almost 3 hours to make one skin correcteley...

first i go on char that i wanna make the sking using fraps, i go on gallery, and take prinscreens
then i go to corel draw to make the vetorization of the new clothes
then i export it to photoshop and make the layers transparency, and other things to try to fit the clothe much real as possible of an real mod..
then i extract the char_xxxx_diff.dds from the char then i go to edition.. then i put numbers on the every part of the texture original and reinsert on the char then i go to galery to see where the parts with numbers appear on char to avoid misplacement of parts...
then when the replacement is complete i remove the layer with the numbers and export the dds again..
and do the making mod procedure, but yet with the bug-me problem...

but i wil try to do this.. these are my projects with injustice.. but i will be happy if coulb be possible to port them or a possible way to port the chars to mortal kombat 9? or other kind of games..

and i think yes if scorpion could be inplemented on the game why not, subzero and other chars?? ed boon said no, but we can prove that is possible.. with a hard work.. i guess.
a.martin
God

Post by a.martin »

vajrasniper wrote:but i spend almost 3 hours to make one skin correcteley...

first i go on char that i wanna make the sking using fraps, i go on gallery, and take prinscreens
then i go to corel draw to make the vetorization of the new clothes
then i export it to photoshop and make the layers transparency, and other things to try to fit the clothe much real as possible of an real mod..
then i extract the char_xxxx_diff.dds from the char then i go to edition.. then i put numbers on the every part of the texture original and reinsert on the char then i go to galery to see where the parts with numbers appear on char to avoid misplacement of parts...
then when the replacement is complete i remove the layer with the numbers and export the dds again..
and do the making mod procedure, but yet with the bug-me problem...

but i wil try to do this.. these are my projects with injustice.. but i will be happy if coulb be possible to port them or a possible way to port the chars to mortal kombat 9? or other kind of games..

and i think yes if scorpion could be inplemented on the game why not, subzero and other chars?? ed boon said no, but we can prove that is possible.. with a hard work.. i guess.

yeah that kind of the same time that it takes to me, maybe more if it's too complex, or if I get to play with it just for fun :P
you might get a little trouble with white lantern sinestro skin, because the only skin avaiable to make a DLC skin its the Regime skin. and it has the helmet and everything

but I really hope you can made it, I can't wait to see the Blue lantern flash and a new skin for sinestro.
vajrasniper
Mortal

Post by vajrasniper »

regime sinestro, the only thing that sinestro worked for me is to have his neck broken by hall jordan on emerald dawn series, and be the first white lantern, on blackest night.. only this.. that pink fascist... (and yes, he is a kind of alusion of adolf hittler)... and his arrogance irritates me.. and on injustice i apreciate everythime that i kick his ass!
vajrasniper
Mortal

Post by vajrasniper »

and i tryed yesterday to exchange the lifebar name with hexeditor but i couldnt find the name on the xxx file of the char.. how did i find it? to exchange, i tried once but i go an strange error, with a static background who ends in a crash game...

and the bug me does not disappear anyway.. is that another way to do it?
a.martin
God

Post by a.martin »

vajrasniper wrote:and i tryed yesterday to exchange the lifebar name with hexeditor but i couldnt find the name on the xxx file of the char.. how did i find it? to exchange, i tried once but i go an strange error, with a static background who ends in a crash game...

and the bug me does not disappear anyway.. is that another way to do it?
oh crap, I've totaly forgot to tell you that, ok.. so.. the name that you have to change in the hex editor.. it between an intro file and an ui_i_sm file.. let me show you in a picture.

that was How I've changed the name of deathstroke to Red hood..

you'll see for example: deathstroke_Intro.. Deathstroke.. ui_i_sm_deathstrok..

*the name that's between the intro and the ui_i_sm it's the one and Only one, you're gonna change, and then in the language file you'll put the new name
dearedhood=RED HOOD and It'll appear that name on the life bar

so the only thing you'll have to do it's found the name between the intro and the ui_i_sm there's only one so.. I guess it won't be hard :)
Attachments
Sin título-1.jpg
rizzn
Apprentice
Side: Darkness
PSN: rizzn1

Post by rizzn »

@vajrasniper:
You can spend a lot of time when you work with the XNALara models here. I know there's not a model for every skin but I'm currently looking into how to convert them from the game.

For now we can use the existing models and can spend a lot of time without using the game at all. When I'm working on a texture I do it as follows:
1) Open XNALara and import the model you want to reskin (they mostly work with .tga files for the textures)
2) Open Photoshop with the diffuse texture first, the .dds file
3) Paint something onto the texture (on a new layer) and save the diffuse texture as .PSD file
4) Now open the "Actions" window in your Photoshop and create a new action. It's important you have your .PSD open before you record the action.

Recoding Photoshop action:
Ok, so start recording your action and press "CTRL+Shift+S". Navigate to your XNALara folder and overwrite the diffuse texture, it's called something like d_body.tga or something. You can check it before overwriting. Now stop recording. But DON'T close the .PSD file before you stop it, let it open. You can repeat this for your specular and normal/bump files as well.

5) Switch to XNALara with "Alt+TAB" and press "F8". That's it, you will see the overwritten texture on your model now.

(Now everytime you make changes on your texture simply play the Photoshop action, this will make the saving process by clicking one button. Then switch to XNALara and reload it by pressing "F8". You can add something new to the skin and adjust that elements very fast to make them fit correct.)
If you are done or want to see it live in the game just take your .PSD files and save them to .DDS with the correct settings. Inject them to the .xxx archive of the character and it to the game folder.
Image Image Image
vajrasniper
Mortal

Post by vajrasniper »

lets se what i gets tonight

Return to “Injustice: Gods Among Us PC Tutorials and Discussions”