TUTORIAL: Modding sound effects

UncleFestor
Grand Master
Side: Darkness

Re: TUTORIAL: Modding sound effects

Post by UncleFestor »

rizzn wrote:@UncleFestor: Ok I see, that's a pity! :( But for now it's awesome we have all the other NPCs playable. Will check that alt costume mod later, very nice work! Is it possible to create a whole new character slot with your mod?
Unfortunately there is no way that I can find to add DLC Slots.

The game does have stings that determine Slot count & Grid Width. However they only apply to the Player Select Screen & Arena Select Screen. and adding slots or enlarging the Grid just creates a mess. The DLC Slots are separate from the PS Screen Slots.

So when I add more slots and expand the Grid they stay locked even though I've added 1 or 2 DLC Characters. My theory is that I'll need to add the characters to the regular roster when I add slots and hope that the game can read them.

Unfortunately I have no way @ the moment of testing my theory Because I can't add the necessary strings to the package that needs them {I need to re-write the header, List the new File Size, & re-write the offset table with the new offsets for the remainder of the Package} And there's probably some script editing that I'll have to do as well.

Check out my Youtube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/unclefestorable
rizzn
Apprentice
PSN: rizzn1

Post by rizzn »

wyruzzah wrote:rizzn: Now its ok.. all 80 sounds was injected UncleFestor helped.. 20 bytes was missing in .fsb, so that was problem :).. Thx for all help with that sounds.
Ok nice :)

@UncleFestor:
Hm, so that sounds like they knew how much DLC chars they will release and hardcoded it. :(

That all sounds like a lot of work for expanding the character selection and there's no guarantee it will work if it's done, right? I just thought it's easy adding new DLC chars by creating the corresponding .ini files :)
Image Image Image
heymanjack
Apprentice

Post by heymanjack »

This is weird. I can't inject a new win announcer for deathstroke. It keeps saying file not found in archive. I know this is possible as you did this with your deadpool mod. Hmmm help please? LOL

EDIT: SOLVED THE PROBLEM
To any one will have this problem, just re-rip the file from the fsb. The extractor sometimes messes up the extraction and corrupts the file but not corrupted enough to prevent playback but corrupted enough to not allow injection.
wyruzzah
Immortal

Post by wyruzzah »

Im stuck with Wraith General sounds again, i need change his victory voice (I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL), but this sound is not contained in WG_Victory.xxx (ex Doomsday victory) and second problem is when WG fight against Superman character he use special voices (quotes) like DIE SUPERMAN and etc... so i changed all this voices (SND_FRNDS_SU_WG_eng.xxx) to wraith voice ,but when i test WG vs. Superman.. he still use zod voice.. i've changed SND_FRNDS_SU_ZO_eng to SND_FRNDS_SU_WG_eng.xxx in hex editor, any ideas cause voices are really important for this character and i wanna finally finish this mod :(
Chimoru
Mortal

Post by Chimoru »

I've been using Dragon Unpacker to get the sound files out, and it's been working for me easier than doing what you're describing, but I wonder if it's making me miss stuff. I can't find the grunts, gethits, and yells. Are they located inside the actual character files? Right now I only can find intros, victory, taunt, clash and announcer files. Do you guys know where the sounds that I need are and how to get them?

I'm not trying to extract and put them back in, I just want them so I can use them for MUGEN characters.
heymanjack
Apprentice

Post by heymanjack »

it's either in snd_combat_all or in snd_shell_all
Chimoru
Mortal

Post by Chimoru »

They were not. Found some sound FX though. No, I've done this both ways, the way you have here, and with Dragon Unpacker. Dragon is less work, but FSB Extractor separates things nicer. The same contant was there for both ways, but for some reason, Dragon groups it. For example 27 sounds done separately in FSB extractor may be grouped by Dragon in 7 files, but with breaks between the sounds. These are just the files and sounds I HAVE pulled already

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in Mortal Kombat, are some of the sounds not found in the character files themselves? I think it's the same for Injustice. After decompressing, I get as far as finding FMODEVENT files in a "speech" folder, but I don't know how to convert those. I think the sounds I need are in those files and folders for each character.

For example:

If I take the CHAR_Aquaman.xxx file and drop it into Extract.bat, then I get a bunch of folders pertaining to Aquaman and some of them are sound folders. Basically, it works through all the PACKAGE files, unzipping them until I get to the raw data.

Folders with names like:

SND_VO_Aquaman
SND_FX_Aquaman

Etc.....

Inside those folders are FMODEVENT files where I think the sounds are. I can't get to them though. I don't know how to manipulate FMODEVENT files. This is the wall I'm hitting. For all I know I could be wrong, but I can't even check them. Any ideas?
rizzn
Apprentice

Post by rizzn »

@Chimoru:
I think the files you are looking for are stored in the character file itself. As I remember there are a few FSB5 headers in the character files which can be extracted. I'm not 100% sure if this are the files you are looking for, but I can have a look.

The way described in the tutorial is the only way I could find to extract/replace sounds. The MKKE tools for extracting the FSB banks won't work here because Mortal Kombat uses FSB4 and Injustice only FSB5.

With the FMODEVENT files I'm not sure if they are useable for extracting the sounds. Didn't work with those files yet. :)
Image Image Image
Chimoru
Mortal

Post by Chimoru »

Yes, if you can look and try to help me, I would appreciate it very much! If not, that's ok, I understand.
rizzn
Apprentice

Post by rizzn »

@Chimoru:
No problem, check this zip file, is this what you are looking for? These files were stored directly in the CHAR_Aquaman.xxx
Attachments
VO_Aquaman.zip
(872.21 KiB) Downloaded 360 times
Image Image Image
wyruzzah
Immortal

Post by wyruzzah »

Any news about shutting off some wagers for some character?! Im still stucked with ZOD (Wraith General) wagers against Superman character :( ?
Chimoru
Mortal

Post by Chimoru »

rizzn wrote:@Chimoru:
No problem, check this zip file, is this what you are looking for? These files were stored directly in the CHAR_Aquaman.xxx

That's perfect. Thank you for doing that for me, I appreciate it. That's exactly what I want....but I want it for ALL the characters. I'm not asking you to do it, that would be asking too much, I can do it myself, I just want to know how. Did you do that? Or do you know where I can get them?

I get as far as the FmodEvent files. I open then in a Hex Editor, but I'm not sure what to do since there is no "FSB5" to look for in there.

Is it what's shown in the OP or is that for the files NOT in the Character file. I guess I'm not quite getting it yet.

Again, thank you very much!
rizzn
Apprentice

Post by rizzn »

@wyruzzah: I don't think there are any news at the moment. I don't know much about how to shut off single sounds for characters. :(

@Chimoru: No problem! It's not that complicated to extract the sounds, I'll try to explain how I did it.

1) Just grab the character file for it (not the FmodEvent files, I don't know if it works with this files). For example CHAR_Aquaman.xxx and run it through Gildor's decompress.exe.

2) After that open CHAR_Aquaman.xxx file in a Hex Editor (I'm using HxD, but every other editor should work as well). Search for the string "FSB5" in this file. There you will find multiple results. Copy all content from the first FSB5 string to the beginning of the next FSB5 string and paste it into a new file.

3) Save that file as something like "VO1.fsb" (the filename is not important for exporting only).

4) Repeat this until you have saved everything in seperate FSB files (VO2.fsb, VO3.fsb, and so on...). Then you can open every file in Aezay's FsbExtractor and export the sounds you need.

(The last FSB5 string probably gives you a warning when you open the FSB file about wrong file size. I think you can ignore this if you only want to export the sounds. It should work anyway. :))

If you have problems let me know!
Image Image Image
Chimoru
Mortal

Post by Chimoru »

Thank you! I appreciate you taking the time to show me! I can't wait to try this out!
wyruzzah
Immortal

Post by wyruzzah »

I have always problems i know that :D I cannot successfully change hit sounds for Wraith General they allways share them with Zod.. when i test fight between them. I've changed vo_Zo... to vo_WG in hexeditor and still same bug, if someone still modding and know some help.. pls help

Return to “Injustice: Gods Among Us PC Tutorials and Discussions”