TUTORIAL: How to make your own skin mods

wyruzzah
Immortal

Re: TUTORIAL: How to make your own skin mods

Post by wyruzzah »

Here is that dds.8bi http://www.mediafire.com/download/p2bi1 ... h2/dds.8bi ,but im using Windows 7 (32 bit) :)

KingKRool2002
Warrior
Side: Darkness

Post by KingKRool2002 »

wyruzzah wrote:Here is that dds.8bi http://www.mediafire.com/download/p2bi1 ... h2/dds.8bi ,but im using Windows 7 (32 bit) :)
Awesome, that worked! Thanks, I really appreciate it! BTW, do you know how to select & change just a certain part of the character's color? I know how to change the color of the whole thing, but I can't figure out how to just do 1 area.

For example, I want to leave the face/skin color of Catwoman the default color, but I want to change her costume to bright green. I don't know how to do this in Photoshop, so I had to change everything to glowing green.

Thanks.
wyruzzah
Immortal

Post by wyruzzah »

KingKRool2002 wrote:
wyruzzah wrote:Here is that dds.8bi http://www.mediafire.com/download/p2bi1 ... h2/dds.8bi ,but im using Windows 7 (32 bit) :)
Awesome, that worked! Thanks, I really appreciate it! BTW, do you know how to select & change just a certain part of the character's color? I know how to change the color of the whole thing, but I can't figure out how to just do 1 area.

For example, I want to leave the face/skin color of Catwoman the default color, but I want to change her costume to bright green. I don't know how to do this in Photoshop, so I had to change everything to glowing green.

Thanks.
No problemo :) In Photoshop use polygonal lasso tool Image and just highlight part you wanna edit (change).
KingKRool2002
Warrior

Post by KingKRool2002 »

Ok, thanks! BTW, I just found out that you need to select the Background thing to change a different area of the costume. I still don't know how to change the color for the paintbrush (it's always either green or purple for my Brainiac-Adam mod, even though I selected a light blue color in the swatches).

EDIT:

Does anyone know why the UI is messed up for my purple Martian Manhunter mod (see picture below message)? I usually change the UI, Damage_Diff, & Diff files without having any problems. For this mod, I also edited some of the sky, rocks, & Martian_detail files, could one of them have caused this weird glitch of the UI in-game?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. BTW, I hex changed the .xxx to KillerFrost_M, since Martian Manhunter can't have alt. costumes. I've done this with other characters before without having any problems. Could I have missed something when I used the hex editor?

Thanks.
Attachments
Purple Martian Manhunter UI Glitch
Purple Martian Manhunter UI Glitch
Night
Mortal

Post by Night »

Guys, could you help me? I need someone to test my first mod (Human Ares). It's simple but here, Injustice crashes in the loading screen!

Here is the link: https://mega.co.nz/#!uRIA1bQa!YbWOX0IK7 ... vFYtAbPQsA

I play on Steam!
mhom
Mortal

Post by mhom »

I've been scouring this site for an answer to this, but I can't seem to find one.

How do you change eye colors? I can't seem to find any .dds with eye texture. Specifically, I'm trying to change CW's arkham city skin.

Thanks in advance.
Exkil
Mortal

Post by Exkil »

Hi , i followed all steps (i updated my Java) but i always can't open run.bat !
my current java version is 1.0.7_71-b14
wyruzzah
Immortal

Post by wyruzzah »

mhom wrote:I've been scouring this site for an answer to this, but I can't seem to find one.

How do you change eye colors? I can't seem to find any .dds with eye texture. Specifically, I'm trying to change CW's arkham city skin.

Thanks in advance.
You must use Color Picker http://www.mediafire.com/download/scewd ... er+3.5.rar by HowardC for eyes color.
nightmare54
Mortal
Side: Light

Post by nightmare54 »

hi
the run.bat not open why ???
UltimateSkorpion
Mortal
XBox Live: CMDR Cody32

Post by UltimateSkorpion »

Could you put links for all the programs you used? Thanks :D
CappiedieLaggidy
Apprentice
PSN: Steam: caplagrobin | Aiyetoro Metruian
XBox Live: CapLagRobin

Post by CappiedieLaggidy »

What did I do wrong?
Screenshot
Screenshot
kenny undead
Master
Side: Light

Post by kenny undead »

CappiedieLaggidy wrote:What did I do wrong?
Injustice 2015-05-19 19-15-18-205.png
the same problem :|
PredatorX
Mortal

Post by PredatorX »

Hey does anyone know why when I extract the .XXX file i get a texture folder containing "Texture2D" files and no ".DDS" files anywhere? I cant find a way to convert them and there seems to be no one on the internet with a solution?
rizzn
Apprentice
PSN: rizzn1

Post by rizzn »

PredatorX wrote:Hey does anyone know why when I extract the .XXX file i get a texture folder containing "Texture2D" files and no ".DDS" files anywhere? I cant find a way to convert them and there seems to be no one on the internet with a solution?
You need umodel to extract the .dds files. Take the decompressed .xxx file and try it with using this at the command line:

Code: Select all

umodel.exe -noanim -dds -export -all CHAR_Character_A.xxx
If you open the Texture2D folder it should contain .dds files. :wink:
Image Image Image
PredatorX
Mortal

Post by PredatorX »

rizzn wrote:
PredatorX wrote:Hey does anyone know why when I extract the .XXX file i get a texture folder containing "Texture2D" files and no ".DDS" files anywhere? I cant find a way to convert them and there seems to be no one on the internet with a solution?
You need umodel to extract the .dds files. Take the decompressed .xxx file and try it with using this at the command line:

Code: Select all

umodel.exe -noanim -dds -export -all CHAR_Character_A.xxx
If you open the Texture2D folder it should contain .dds files. :wink:

Thank You!!
I used umodel to extract the XXX file and it worked great :D

Return to “Injustice: Gods Among Us PC Tutorials and Discussions”