triyng to add an alt costume DLC from a replacer one... help

tagliagole
Apprentice

triyng to add an alt costume DLC from a replacer one... help

Post by tagliagole »

Hi, I'm back on MK9 :P
i have a little problem with the DLC costumes...

I have an xxx file of sub sero that replace the CHAR_Subzero.xxx
my desire is to tranform the new skin in a dlc skin, so i can choose also the original one.. 8)

1 - i open the MKKEgenericrenamer 3.1

1 - first string CHAR_Subzero.xxx
second string CHAR_Subzero
third string CHAR_Subz_P
3 - flagged the two slot (fix hasces and rename internal folder)

4 - edited the ini for the dlc manager like this

[Description]
line1=My This will add a mkx style outfit for subzero \n\nFiles Added: \n\nCHAR_Subz_P.xxx

[Files]
line1=CHAR_Subz_P.xxx

[eng]
line1=MK9Game.eng|PlayerSelect|CHAR_Subz_P|MKX|1

5 - dlc installed

6 - game load, the name appear in selection screen, but when the battle load in the vs screen, the loading bar freeze in the end and i must shut down mk9 in task manager....

:? :? :? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

i don't understant.. is my first try on mk9.... i have no trouble with mkx...
i tried also with anoter costume of scorpion, but the result is the same...

probably I miss something...
before the step one , must I decompress the file xxx? can someone put me a link for the correct program, if the problem was that?

sorry for my bad english...

thank you for the help. :)

tagliagole
Apprentice

Re: triyng to add an alt costume DLC from a replacer one...

Post by tagliagole »

UPDATE

I figured out that the problem is in the operation of the rename because every try work fine until the loading screen load the skin... and this appen in any case.. i tried to use the original skin.. the retro skin original of scorpion.. i tried to use a working mod simply renaming my skin that use the same model, with the one of the mod but nothing... something is wrong...

please someone can help me on this thing... i lost a lot of time only to try...

i read in the tutorial of unclefestor that must decompress the file before..., so i use the decompressor of the dlc manager in tool folder... but the one file i get is exactly the same of the orinal file... same dimension.. and the result in the log of renamer is also the same...

i think i use the wrong decompressor tool...

the ini file that i must create is the one of the dlc manager of my skin right? not the coalscend.ini right...

i am in confusion.. big confusion
tagliagole
Apprentice

Post by tagliagole »

Please guys... can someone answer me?, i know is not an hard task make an alt costume dlc cloned by another... i am stuck... 2 days to try to understand...

i read the tutorial, but is not clear what is the right tool to uncompressed the xxx file...

i have two skin replacers to make dlc... one it replace subzero standard costume.. the other replace the mk1 classic scorpion...
zepterrian
Grand Master
Side: Light

Post by zepterrian »

if you want to clone a main package like that example you mentioned you don´t need to rename the internal folders. just check the first box wich fixes hashes.
but your main problem is that you want to set this mod which replaces the main char package as an alternate costume. It´s not possible to do that. If you want this mod to be not replacing your main subzero package then you´ll need to transform it into a new dlc, adding it to the dlc roster like freddy an others.
For the raptor race...
tagliagole
Apprentice

Post by tagliagole »

Thank you for the response!

look is exactly what i'm triing to do!!!

maybe i explain myself not too well..

I explain you

i downloaded some skin that actually replace anothers,
like the MKX skin of subzero (actually replace CHAR_Subzero.xxx)
and scorpion (actually replace the CHAR_Scorpion_C.xxx)

the point is that i want keep also the original, and i'm triing to make the mkx skin indipendent, via DLC skin...

the problem is this:

i rename the xxx file via renamer,

i write to you step by step what i'm doing..

third string CHAR_Subz_P

[Description]
line1=My This will add a mkx style outfit for subzero \n\nFiles Added: \n\nCHAR_Subz_P.xxx

[Files]
line1=CHAR_Subz_P.xxx

[eng]

5 - dlc installed

6 - game load, the name appear in selection screen, but when the battle load in the vs screen, the loading bar freeze in the end and i must shut down mk9 in task manager....

for scorpion, i've tried to copy the string in the ini file of the TZ PSYCHO skin, with the edit of the new name of my xxx file, but

simply i see nothing in the selection screen?

and there'is another lack of knowledge.. the operation that i must follow are not the same for both the costumes right? cause one is based on a defaut costume (subzero) the other on a retro skin (scorpion).. is correct?

can you explain me please step by step what i must do?

also the tool that i must use.. I whatched on all over the forum, but I can't find a complete description..

i will be infinite grateful, cause i getting mad XDXDXD

mkx game is less difficult than this ... i can't believe it.

PS I USE A NOT STEAM VERSION UPGRADED TO THE UKKE MOD
zepterrian
Grand Master

Post by zepterrian »

well i once wrote an almost full tutorial about how to make a dlc char to help an user who was begining into modding stuff. you can find it here http://www.mksecrets.net/forums/eng/vie ... 1&start=30. Anyway i´d like to clarify something. What you do with subzero is not right since you can not clone him as a common alt costume. Alt costumes need to have the main package´s name along with a letter. Example: subzero´s main package is named "CHAR_SubZero.xxx" so an alt costume for him would be named as "CHAR_SubZero_X.xxx" where "X" is some letter that is used to identify the costume. If you change the name of your subzero´s mod to "CHAR_SubZ_P.xxx" then the game will not recognize it since it has not the main package´s name. You do need to make an entire new dlc costume where your mod is the main package. The name you gave him appears in screen because the game reads the entries you wrote in the installer but won´t load the costume becuase it doesn´t recognize it. I always used renamer 2.2 for mkke unlike mkx.
Unlike subzero scorpion can be easily cloned as alt costume. When you are renaming him make sure to check the first and third box only in the renamer 2.2. (i never used renamer 3.1 for cloning classics)
I left the installer for subzero.

Note: make sure the mod works for your game version, else it will not work under no instance. You will have to extract the textures and inject them inside a package that works in your game.

You can find more tools here http://www.mksecrets.net/forums/eng/vie ... =84&t=6529.
Attachments
INSTALLER.rar
(306 Bytes) Downloaded 358 times
Last edited by zepterrian on Mon May 09, 2016 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For the raptor race...
tagliagole
Apprentice

Post by tagliagole »

thank you for help and explanation..
now I understand...

for I can tell, the mod replacer itself work properly ... both subzero and scorpion...

so.. if they work as replacer.. they will work also after renamed with the renamer ? I mean... the xxx file itself is not wrong if work in replace version right?

anothwr question... the main costume of subzero cannot be cloned as dlc costume? or can be not converted in the renamer way?

I Read somewhere that i am forced to make it as dlc charater and not costume.. is this right?...

thank you for your patience...

also because I've tried to make other dlc costumes from replacers but the problem is always the same... i get freeze on the vs screen at end of the complete load... on all the skins that i have renamed.

for example.. i installed on my game TZ psycho skin... an i tried to do the same with the tz retro skin... that i have working only in replacer version... The 2.0 version not work with my game.(same author, same characters.. same retro ninja model as the psychopack)....renamed as you suggested. and like is explained in the tutorial... i used the ini model for the tz psycho... editing the file names to match with my skin renamed with the 2.2... but the problem is always that... i'm sure... that i miss something...

anyway.. i will try again after work... i will not stop until success
zepterrian
Grand Master

Post by zepterrian »

I Read somewhere that i am forced to make it as dlc charater and not costume.. is this right?...
Yes it is. i recommend you to read and to try to understand tutorials or explanations like mine so you can get a better understanding of things :wink: .

About Subzero; now that you know the mod (as replacer) works properly you can create a new dlc of him. He will work for sure but you have to take in count that you´ll need to do everything properly to make it work. A quick guide:
- download the mod once again to make sure you work with a clean one without modifications. Or you can simply use a backup you made of it before modding it..
- rename it using the renamer tool (i´d prefer you to use v2.2). first original string (second box) will be CHAR_SubZero and the new one (third box) will be CHAR_NAME where "name" is the new name you want for the package. Make sure your new name is not longer than the original one, i.e subzero.. Also make sure to check only the first option that fixes hashes for char and npc packages.
- you will also need to create a _ui file for it (which is used to show the images for you char) so take a look at the first link i left in my previous post.
- finally open the installer in notepad and change every instance of "NAME" to your new package´s name.

Note that every replacer mod (including this one) will cause the game to crash if you want to convert it into a commom alt costume. So the only way to have a replacer without the need of replacing is to do what i showed you

To make scorpion´s alt is easier than subzero since he only needs to be renamed (he will simply appear as alt costume). Then, of course, you will need to write an installer for him. You can download another mod based in retro ninjas mk1 costumes and copy it´s installer. You must know that installers for classic costumes are a bit different than installers for normal costumes. That´s why you should look for one that was made for a retro costume mod.
For the raptor race...
tagliagole
Apprentice

Post by tagliagole »

Very thanks
yeah... i've modded all mkx simply studing on the forum..
mmmmm ok i will try with the dlc zero way...

in the case that I must tranform sub zero in a totally brand new char... can I ask to you if is possible to give to the new char the moveset of cyber subzero but keeping entrance victory and fatality of the old subzero?

I was thinking about a new subzero char... frankly... I can't justify a new dlc character only for a skin... XD
zepterrian
Grand Master

Post by zepterrian »

you´re welcome. and you can´t set moveset like you do in mkx unfortunately.. and yeah, creating a new char from zero just for a costume is not what i´d like to do either :)
For the raptor race...
tagliagole
Apprentice

Post by tagliagole »

update 1

yeah i've done with the dlc version of mkx scorpion. that was easy in the end... the problem for me was the capital letter ... the ini of the installer sems to pay attention to the letter format... good to know... now i am triyng to make dlc retro ninja dlc like the psycho pak... something strange occurred...mmm

scorpion is ok. subby is ok.. rep is ok.. ermac continue to crash the game immadiatly when selected with the retro costume... i have renamed all the skins in the same method... as replacers all was work... the ini seems correct...

what a mess...
Pantelis
Mortal

Post by Pantelis »

tagliagole wrote:Hi, I'm back on MK9 :P
i have a little problem with the DLC costumes...

I have an xxx file of sub sero that replace the CHAR_Subzero.xxx
my desire is to tranform the new skin in a dlc skin, so i can choose also the original one.. 8)

third string CHAR_Subz_P

[Description]

[Files]
line1=CHAR_Subz_P.xxx

[eng]

5 - dlc installed

:? :? :? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

i don't understant.. is my first try on mk9.... i have no trouble with mkx...
i tried also with anoter costume of scorpion, but the result is the same...

probably I miss something...
before the step one , must I decompress the file xxx? can someone put me a link for the correct program, if the problem was that?

sorry for my bad english...

thank you for the help. :)
ofcourse it does not load the package while in loading screen since the game cannot recognise the package.You see inside the Char file,there is another file called Char_the name of your character with some numbers at the end and inside of it there is a MK script binary file and a character name package file created,which will be outside of this folder for example CHAR_Name-d9cc955etcPackage.You need to make sure you have renamed those the same as your CHAR name as well.You can view the contents using the extract.exe.HOWEVER YOU DO NOT NEED TO RENAME any textures,Char_RetroNinjas or any mesh,xray and vo folders at all.The game just needs a working char and ui file in order for you to add dlc's.This applies on ps3(I confirmed it after a lot of pressure trying to understand how the game works) but I think it should also work on pc as well,it makes sense lol

Return to “Mortal Kombat 9 PC Modding Tutorials and Discussions”