Character reindex (swaping ) tool

zepterrian
Grand Master
Side: Light

Re: Character reindex (swaping ) tool

Post by zepterrian »

i can´t tell... you´ll have to try for yourself. don´t forget to make a backup of your mod first before modifying the textures.

For the raptor race...
zepterrian
Grand Master

Post by zepterrian »

i´ve been trying to fix in some way that little "bug" with the cloth of your mod and i managed to hide it.
Cloth fix.png
Here is the modified skeletalmesh. It´s already re-indexed so the only thing you need to change is the size and offset values inside smoke´s package, and inject this new skeletalmesh of course.
Also take in count that if you try to watch this costume in Nekropolis your game could get freezed. I guess it´s because of the method i used to hide the cloth.
Smoke_B.SkeletalMesh.rar
(621.11 KiB) Downloaded 399 times
For the raptor race...
L0a
Mortal

Post by L0a »

AWESOME! Im going to do it right now.
How did you do it? Is it hard to hide textures?
zepterrian
Grand Master

Post by zepterrian »

i did not touch the textures but the mesh. i deleted some vertices belonging to the bone (mesh) so you can´t see it in the game. i left some vertices there because of a problem i had (a partial solution) and that´s the reason because your game crashes in the Nekropolis viewer...in theory. I´ll try to find out how to fix this issue as soon as i can, i have an idea. if it works i´ll be updating the file
For the raptor race...
zepterrian
Grand Master

Post by zepterrian »

i´m afraid i can´t solve the viewer issue. i can´t tell where the problem is.. it´s beyond my capabilities of knowing what method i should use in this case. i tried a few basic ideas but they didn´t work.. we´d need someone that has higher experience in modding meshes
For the raptor race...
The Darkness 120
Mortal

Post by The Darkness 120 »

zepterrian wrote:well i can´t tell exactly what´s wrong but i´ll tell you what to do just in case you did not understand the tutorial.

1- take CHAR_Jade.xxx and CHAR_Kitana.xxx files and extract the files inside them through extract.exe tool (drag each package over extract.exe). this step is for taking their name tables.
2- now you have to get their export lists. to do that you need to type "umodel.exe -list CHAR_???.xxx >ExportList.txt". using umodel in cmd mode. "???" is where you have to type the name of your character. Do this same process for the other package. Finally decompress kitana´s package.
3- Now take the jade´s export list and nametable and put them inside "in" folder. take her .skeletalmesh file and put it inside the "in" folder too. Now you´ll have 3 files inside the "in" folder.
4- take kitana´s export list and name table file and put them inside "out" folder.
5- run "mk9swap.exe" through cmd and type "mk9swap.exe Jade Kitana > reindex.log" where "Jade" is the name of jade´s skeletalmesh file as aman explained in his tut.
6- Now you´ll need to inject this new skeletalmesh file. to do this first:
a)- open kitana´s .xxx decompressed package with some hex editor (i use HxD) and go to the end of the file. Take note of the last offset. It is 1395D12.
b)- open kitana´s export list and search for "SkeletalMesh Kitana". On the left you´ll see three columns of numbers. the third column is what you´ll use. Take note of that one. It is 13F79B. this number is the size of kitana´s original skeletamesh file.
c)- open jade´s export list and search for "SkeletalMesh Jade". Take note of the skeletalmesh size as you did for Kitana.
d)- go to your hex editor where you opened kitana´s decompressed package. what you´ll do now is to search kitana´s original skeletalmesh size. The number is 13F79B but you can´t search it simply like that, first you have to write it in little endian format. So if the number is 13F79B you will need to write it as 9BF713 and then search it. Here is a pic.
HxD.png
the values marked in blue are the size and what is marked in red is the offset of the skeletalmesh.
e)- replace the size values with jade´s. Jade´s values in little endian format are BE1B1500. you´ll have something like this
HxD2.png
f)- now replace the offset values (those which are marked in red in the previous pic) with the package´s last offset in little endian format. If the values were 1395D12 now converted to little endian they are 125D3901. You´ll have something like this
HxD3.png
g)- open the new skeletalmesh file in hex. copy and paste it at the end of kitana´s package.
7- replace kitana´s textures with jade´s.
Don´t forget to make a backup of your original file. This will replace Kitana´s main costume.
Remember that you will not have the cloth animations. that includes the hair. this is due to this mesh swap project is still in development.
What you get is Kitana with Jade´s "skin" so every move and special move, xray, and everything else is from Kitana.
Hello!
Icant find "SkeletalMesh Subzero" Little Endian in my decompressed package of CHAR_Subzero.xxx
(in the ExportList.txt this value is it: 177E4E and converted Value: 4E 00 17 7E and i cant find "4E 00 17 7E" in my Package of subzero)
But ican Find it for kitana Like your Tutorial.
Please help me
zepterrian
Grand Master

Post by zepterrian »

The value is wrong. It is "4E 7E 17 00" and not "4E 00 17 7E"
For the raptor race...
The Darkness 120
Mortal

zepterrian wrote:The value is wrong. It is "4E 7E 17 00" and not "4E 00 17 7E"
thanks
yes i convert it to wrong format of Little Endian "CDAB" but you mean "DCBA"
and tell me why "00" is in the last of hex value converter says "00 4E 7E 17" but you say "4E 7E 17 00"
and sorry for my bad english :|
zepterrian
Grand Master

Post by zepterrian »

idk. generally the info inside these export lists, name tables, etc are all presented in four bytes values inside the package. In this case the skeletalmesh´s size value is 177E4E right?. so according to what i said this info can be written in just four bytes. then you separate your hex val in bytes like this: 17 7E 4E, but you need one more byte. So you can write it like 00 17 7E 4E; after all you know that zeros at the beginning of any number doesn´t mean anything right?. Now you change it´s format (to little endian in this case) so you will have: 4E 7E 17 00. you get it? this may not be THE answer but it works fine i guess :D. Try this conversions on your own now that you know how to do it, to avoid a headache :) .
For the raptor race...
The Darkness 120
Mortal

zepterrian wrote:idk. generally the info inside these export lists, name tables, etc are all presented in four bytes values inside the package. In this case the skeletalmesh´s size value is 177E4E right?. so according to what i said this info can be written in just four bytes. then you separate your hex val in bytes like this: 17 7E 4E, but you need one more byte. So you can write it like 00 17 7E 4E; after all you know that zeros at the beginning of any number doesn´t mean anything right?. Now you change it´s format (to little endian in this case) so you will have: 4E 7E 17 00. you get it? this may not be THE answer but it works fine i guess :D. Try this conversions on your own now that you know how to do it, to avoid a headache :) .
LOL :D
yes i get it :D
that's another zeros in the last of value and its not ""00" 4E 7E 17" :D
and to fill the last byte of value we need "00" :)
but another problem :|
i have a swaped subzero with skeletalmesh of cyrax and textures is correctly imported but damage texture can not be load (when my character is damaged)
Like This: :D
do you know how can i fix it?
and again sorry for my bad english (i must set it for my signature :|)
zepterrian
Grand Master

Post by zepterrian »

:) don´t worry about your english, i can understand you pretty well.
And yes, we can also say that zeros "00" are to fill the last byte.
Now the problem with the damage textures comes from the texture itself, i mean, when you open it up in photoshop (or in the editor you use) you need to correct the alpha channel. In fact, the damage textures have been loaded but they are invisible.
I posted a fixed damage texture for mk2 costumes here http://www.mksecrets.net/forums/eng/vie ... =84&t=9096. Just to see what i did, try comparing an original dmg texture that hasn´t been modified with mine (this is because i don´t remember pretty well how was the original like). I just painted the texture in the area where the colors are applied in game. I think i changed what was black, into gray. iirc black is used to make textures to become invisible. This gray color is used in classic costumes so the game knows what to change for each character since they have the same texture. For example if you extract both mk1 ermac and mk1 sub´s textures you´ll find that they are exactly the same, but in game, you see that ermac has red and sub has blue. Do this and you´ll fix it.
Now if the texture you´re injecting does not belong to a retro char then you can simply invert it´s alpha channel. Idk if this same applies to all non retro costumes but i tested with just a very few and it worked.
For the raptor race...
The Darkness 120
Mortal

zepterrian wrote::) don´t worry about your english, i can understand you pretty well.
And yes, we can also say that zeros "00" are to fill the last byte.
Now the problem with the damage textures comes from the texture itself, i mean, when you open it up in photoshop (or in the editor you use) you need to correct the alpha channel. In fact, the damage textures have been loaded but they are invisible.
I posted a fixed damage texture for mk2 costumes here http://www.mksecrets.net/forums/eng/vie ... =84&t=9096. Just to see what i did, try comparing an original dmg texture that hasn´t been modified with mine (this is because i don´t remember pretty well how was the original like). I just painted the texture in the area where the colors are applied in game. I think i changed what was black, into gray. iirc black is used to make textures to become invisible. This gray color is used in classic costumes so the game knows what to change for each character since they have the same texture. For example if you extract both mk1 ermac and mk1 sub´s textures you´ll find that they are exactly the same, but in game, you see that ermac has red and sub has blue. Do this and you´ll fix it.
Now if the texture you´re injecting does not belong to a retro char then you can simply invert it´s alpha channel. Idk if this same applies to all non retro costumes but i tested with just a very few and it worked.
yeah i know about alpha channel and its correct :|
but i have a problem with cyrax and subzero when i inject damage file to subzero ...
((((((((and i want to know is there any way to swap animations? like hair animations for sonya :D))))))))
I think if you tell me how can i made a .skeletalmesh file with texture in it self this bug will be fix :| (Like Smoke_B skeletal mesh in this page post 2 :D)
Attachments
diff before inject
diff before inject
diff damage after inject
diff damage after inject
spec before inject
spec before inject
spec after inject
spec after inject
zepterrian
Grand Master

Post by zepterrian »

there´s no way to anim bones yet.
and about your textures i don´t understand your problem now. the forth image is because you open the texture with the "load mip maps" option active in Photoshop (or whatever the option´s name is). you shouldn´t have problems with spec textures btw. the invisibility is fixed in the main texture.
For the raptor race...
The Darkness 120
Mortal

zepterrian wrote:there´s no way to anim bones yet.
and about your textures i don´t understand your problem now. the forth image is because you open the texture with the "load mip maps" option active in Photoshop (or whatever the option´s name is). you shouldn´t have problems with spec textures btw. the invisibility is fixed in the main texture.
ok
and what about .skeletalmesh with textures in it self?
Like female smoke (post 2 in this page)?
zepterrian
Grand Master

Post by zepterrian »

you mean the textures you see in the pic? that´s because they are smoke´s. I hadn´t change to the correct ones yet
For the raptor race...

Return to “Mortal Kombat 9 PC Modding Tutorials and Discussions”