How to edit textures?

Luca3148g
Apprentice
Side: Darkness
PSN: Luca

How to edit textures?

Post by Luca3148g »

Hello, good evening people, I wanted to know if anyone knows how to edit a texture and make a part transparent, I'm not talking about the skeletal file, simply the texture. I've seen many mods like Quan Chi MK4, Rain MKA, Kabal MK3 that eliminate parts of the clothing and are invisible, or accessories or armor that are also invisible. If anyone knows I would greatly appreciate it, I have a mod that I want to finish but until I make several parts of the suit invisible it will look horrible.

Sorry for my English it's Google Translate

sultan0017
Master
Side: Light

Re: How to edit textures?

Post by sultan0017 »

Just open them in blender the remove the parts you dont want, then reinject the Skeletalmesh, I did a tutorial while back here,
viewtopic.php?t=48887
Luca3148g
Apprentice

Post by Luca3148g »

sultan0017 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:44 pm Just open them in blender the remove the parts you dont want, then reinject the Skeletalmesh, I did a tutorial while back here,
viewtopic.php?t=48887
I'm not referring to that, if you can look at Quan Chi MK4 or Kabal MK3, they did not edit the .skeletel, but rather the texture2D. Besides, I want to make mods for PS3 and you can't edit the .skeletal.
sultan0017
Master

Post by sultan0017 »

Luca3148g wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:38 pm
I'm not referring to that, if you can look at Quan Chi MK4 or Kabal MK3, they did not edit the .skeletel, but rather the texture2D. Besides, I want to make mods for PS3 and you can't edit the .skeletal.
Oh didn't know you can't edit the Skeletalmesh for PS3, either way don't know which MK4 QuanChi you are referring to, but I made one and edited the Skeletalmesh to remove some parts, Idk how to remove them from textures though sorry.
Luca3148g
Apprentice

Post by Luca3148g »

sultan0017 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:16 am
Luca3148g wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:38 pm
Oh didn't know you can't edit the Skeletalmesh for PS3, either way don't know which MK4 QuanChi you are referring to, but I made one and edited the Skeletalmesh to remove some parts, Idk how to remove them from textures though sorry.
Can you show me your Quan Chi?
sultan0017
Master

Post by sultan0017 »

Luca3148g wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:38 am Can you show me your Quan Chi?
viewtopic.php?t=49269
Luca3148g
Apprentice

Post by Luca3148g »

Sultán, quizá no hables español, pero dime, no entendí mucho, en tu tutorial dices de extraer las texturas, pero yo quiero saber si se editarán automáticamente cuándo termine de hacer el nuevo skeletal. O las tengo que editar yo con Photoshop? Porque si no, no funcionará. Lo que quiero hacer. Ya que tu Quan Chi, lo porteé a PS3 sin ningún problema simplemente intercambiando texturas con UPK explorer.
sultan0017
Master

Post by sultan0017 »

Luca3148g wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:51 am Sultán, quizá no hables español, pero dime, no entendí mucho, en tu tutorial dices de extraer las texturas, pero yo quiero saber si se editarán automáticamente cuándo termine de hacer el nuevo skeletal. O las tengo que editar yo con Photoshop? Porque si no, no funcionará. Lo que quiero hacer. Ya que tu Quan Chi, lo porteé a PS3 sin ningún problema simplemente intercambiando texturas con UPK explorer.
I use google translate to understand you guys most of the time😅, but either way when you finish removing parts you don't want, no need to edit textures, because their UV map(don't stress on this point for now if you dont know what it is) is now empty so it wouldn't make any difference, just inject the new skeletalmesh and it should work no problem, just keep in mind that they the mesh needs to have the same number mesh parts to export with giving an error, if u import a skeletalmesh that has 130 mesh parts, you have to export 130 mesh parts too, so my tutorial works on removing parts from mesh not the whole mesh

Return to “Mortal Kombat 9 PC Modding Tutorials and Discussions”