Character mesh mod test

HowardC
Mortal

Re: Character mesh mod test

Post by HowardC »

I think what a lot of us are interested in is to take existing MK9 models and modify them for alt costumes and ect.... for example take sub-zero's mk3 skin and add a mask and hood to make it look right.

That is once the plugin is released of course (hint hint)

DFSHINNOK7
Mortal
Side: Light

Post by DFSHINNOK7 »

Great job aman, But is there any limits or you can "technically" take any 3D model and put it in the game?
Justinian
Apprentice

Post by Justinian »

I was thinking about maybe this skin perhaps as DLC Character, or DLC Costume...

http://pre01.deviantart.net/7c03/th/pre ... 8cl6yy.jpg
I have great faith in fools; self confidence my friends call it. - Edgar Allan Poe
aman
Mortal

Post by aman »

DFSHINNOK7 wrote:Great job aman, But is there any limits or you can "technically" take any 3D model and put it in the game?
What I did was to put a new shell (mesh) over the existing character skeleton (armature in blender's term). *technically* you can use any mesh that match the size and pose of the replaced character. Getting the mesh rig and deform correctly is still a challenge, I don;t know blender enough to get good result.
federicodemiso
Mortal

Post by federicodemiso »

(First I apologize for my bad English) I've been trying something similar with the MKX, I have no intention of replacing the mesh completely, I just want to modify the same mesh and then edit the corresponding texture and UV, to avoid problems with the rigging and polycount. I wonder how the mesh injection is performed.
L0a
Mortal

Post by L0a »

I tried to use your skin but I only can see Normal Skarlet. I don't know what is wrong.

Return to “Mortal Kombat 9 PC Modding Tutorials and Discussions”