How To Create A DLC Mod Character

UncleFestor
Grand Master
Side: Darkness

Re: How To Create A DLC Mod Character

Post by UncleFestor »

Actually they don't. I don't play ladder but I do test everything in ladder cause most people do play ladder.

The only time ini entries are needed is for DLC Characters, Costume 01 Characters cloned as Alt Costumes & retro costumes. Regular Alt costumes can be cloned as New alt costumes without any ini entries. I have tested & verified this with every character.

I even tested the Char File @sibabkombat sent me {Pre-Patched} and it works perfectly in ladder. I didn't add any ini entries. :)

Check out my Youtube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/unclefestorable
HowardC
Mortal

Post by HowardC »

Tell that to my chameleon skins.

It depends upon the costume letter. Anything after "D" seems to load fine.... I know for a fact that "B" costumes need it though.... wasted an hour on it.
UncleFestor
Grand Master

Post by UncleFestor »

I believe that your Chameleons are clones of Shangs Costume 01, in which case yes, every alt costume you make for him that uses a Costume 01 as a base requires ini entries.

Like my shitty Dark Kahn Character that has 3 costumes. All 3 needed ini entries, cause they're all clones of Shao Kahn {Costume 01}.

Yet Sub-Scorpion has 3 Costumes & only Primary & Retro needed ini entries. Cause His costume 02 was a clone of Scorpions Costume 02.

Just like all Alt Costumes from the 4 Official DLC Characters need ini entries to work.
sibabkombat
Mortal

Post by sibabkombat »

UncleFestor wrote:Well, I was gonna just pm you but, I figured I might as well post it here incase others are making the smae mistake.

So, I didn't even have to compare packages. I can see that you made an ini which is most likely {99.99% } the issue. Alt costumes do NOT need any ini entries. Unless they're clones of retro ninjas {MK1, MK2}

The only thing you need in the ini is the Language entries so that it has a costume name in the PS screen instead of showing "BUG_ME"

So just use DLC Manager to uninstall the Mod. Remove the entries you have in the ini which are :
AddID=subzero_x

line1=Mk9Game.ini|Player|IsDLC|subzero_x|0
line2=MK9Game.ini|Player.DownloadContentUnlocked|subzero_x|TRUE|1

And leave just the Language part. install the Mod & you're good to go.

Thanx Uncle F!!!!
It works perfectly after I removed the .ini lines you told me!!!

And indeed a very helpfull conversation is the one you have here with HowardC (respect for all your hard work too!!) you guys are the gurus of MKKE modding!!!

And speaking of the Shang Dude... You have mentioned before that his Cloned Costume 2 needs HxD editing as well....

What strings need to be altered?

Please post the alterations needed for him, like you did for SubZero...
UncleFestor wrote: The string is SND_VO_SubZero1 which should be changed to SND_VO_SubZero

The instances that I changed in his Char Package are :

Offset 0x0C4C7
Offset 0x072AEA3
UncleFestor wrote:
UncleFestor
Grand Master

Post by UncleFestor »

Yeah @HowardC makes about 90% of the tools that we use for modding & I've learned tons of stuff from him.

So, for ShangTsung_B you need to change 1 instance of SND_VO_ShangTsung_Old to SND_VO_ShangTsung_Young.

The instance that you need to change is @ offset 0x81EF6A

Do a TEXT search for: Meshes.Reflection

and it's right after that.
Justinian
Apprentice

Post by Justinian »

Not to bug anyone, but it's been a while since you promised a pdf with a complete guide to DLC modding. I have yet to install my first dlc successfully. One idea is to add this pdf to the section about modding tools and add Howard's DLC manager 2.5 which I can't seem to find anywhere.

thx a lot. I've been waiting for this, but apparently I'm a crappy modder. :(
I have great faith in fools; self confidence my friends call it. - Edgar Allan Poe
condratiy
Mortal

Post by condratiy »

getting null.core.error.openfailed when going into character select screen (doing everything right), help me (i'm doing not tag swap mod)
Sorry for my bad English, my native language wasn't English.
Playground: http://users.playground.ru/1954723/
AlterL
Grand Master

Post by AlterL »

One question is it possible to turn a DLC costume into a DLC Character in and of itself??

Return to “Mortal Kombat 9 PC Modding Tutorials and Discussions”