How To Create A DLC Mod Character

UncleFestor
Grand Master
Side: Darkness

Re: How To Create A DLC Mod Character

Post by UncleFestor »

Well, I'm 100% fo' sho going to do a COMPLETE .pdf. What your referencing is actually old. There's no need to mess with unpacking/repacking Coalesced.eng the ini you make for use with DLC Manager does the exact same thing & it's a hell of a lot easier to do. You can't just add ... after you make your changes to the name. you have to Zero it out in the Hex as 0000 {NULL} in the ANSI it looks like ... but it's not the actual "." key as that would be 2E in hex & it breaks that part of the string.

Anyways with the new version of the renamer that you're using you don't even need to do that. Just click on advanced options, where it says Game Save Name click Load & it'll load the name that the package you're working on currently has. Just replace that with whatever you want that's the same size or less & click save. That does what you're trying to do.

Remember when working with the renamer you always need to specify the Package you want to alter in the 1st box so do that BEFORE you click load so it knows where & what to look for :)

I'll be writing a Complete .pdf with SS & easy to use directions soon. It should be finished & posted by Next weekend. It will have a section for every type of Modding that can be done for MKKE, what tools to use & how to use them properly.

Check out my Youtube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/unclefestorable
HowardC
Mortal

Post by HowardC »

I realized I didn't have an account over here so I thought I would chime in.

To those that don't know I'm the guy that did the Ultimate Boss Mod and those Retro Boss skins that haven't been released yet.
I'm pseudo back in action so we've got some stuff to release. There are a ton of techniques that Unclefestor and I have to go over and get documented. I even have a few tool updates as well.

Working on UBM 3.0 atm though, so please be patient everyone.
bigbabyb0ss
Mortal

Post by bigbabyb0ss »

I still need a step by step tutorial on how to make on
Justinian
Apprentice

Post by Justinian »

I too have troubles installing DLCs

problem is not that when I go to the DLC-line the game crashes. Problem is, the game crashes before I get to see the character select screen. I used skarlet as an example file. Even took another name with 7 letters, but to no avail. I followed your exact instructions.

I've been at it for a while, but even installing other DLCs like sting doesn't work in my version. Just the boss mods. thx guys.
I have great faith in fools; self confidence my friends call it. - Edgar Allan Poe
Justinian
Apprentice

Post by Justinian »

Thx unclefestor.

I think that would be a great pdf for many modders. I take it there's a lot of people willing to share things but lacking the know-how.

Grtz.
I have great faith in fools; self confidence my friends call it. - Edgar Allan Poe
bigbabyb0ss
Mortal

Post by bigbabyb0ss »

Hi Everybody

Where can i find a photo editer to edit the dds files.
bigbabyb0ss
Mortal

Post by bigbabyb0ss »

Regarding this topic do u guys know how to make a DLC character like frost
UncleFestor
Grand Master

Post by UncleFestor »

sibabkombat wrote: OK, since we managed to solve that problem, do you have any idea why all attempts to create a DLC Alt COSTUME (not character) from costume 2 of SubZero cause the game to crash?
Okay so I took another look @ it today & I figured it out. There's 2 strings that need to be changed in order for the cloned costume to load up. I'll need to do some further testing to make sure everything works, but I did manage to get a clone of his Costume 02 to load in practice mode.

The strings refer to sound files which, like cloning Shangs Alt Costume, must be changed for him to work.

*edit*
Tested him in Ladder & he works perfectly.

The string is SND_VO_SubZero1 which should be changed to SND_VO_SubZero

The instances that I changed in his Char Package are :

Offset 0x0C4C7
Offset 0x072AEA3

You only need to change those 2 instances so use a Hex editor to make the changes.
sibabkombat
Mortal

Post by sibabkombat »

UncleFestor wrote:
sibabkombat wrote: OK, since we managed to solve that problem, do you have any idea why all attempts to create a DLC Alt COSTUME (not character) from costume 2 of SubZero cause the game to crash?
Okay so I took another look @ it today & I figured it out. There's 2 strings that need to be changed in order for the cloned costume to load up. I'll need to do some further testing to make sure everything works, but I did manage to get a clone of his Costume 02 to load in practice mode.

The strings refer to sound files which, like cloning Shangs Alt Costume, must be changed for him to work.

*edit*
Tested him in Ladder & he works perfectly.

The string is SND_VO_SubZero1 which should be changed to SND_VO_SubZero

The instances that I changed in his Char Package are :

Offset 0x0C4C7
Offset 0x072AEA3

You only need to change those 2 instances so use a Hex editor to make the changes.

That is very interesting!!

Thank you for getting in trouble for this :D :D

I tried to do these things like you said but there are a few issues for me...

Firstly, the SND_VO_SubZero1 strings in the Char Package are not two, but three (the HxD located them)... :? :?

Secondly, the instances that you posted ( Offset 0x0C4C7 Offset 0x072AEA3 ) , do not match with my character package, they are totally different... :? :?

And thirdly, how do I change the SND_VO_SubZero1 to SND_VO_SubZero?
Should I select the 1 and press . in order to replace it and then save it?
I tried to do that for all 3 strings but the game crashed again in the fighter select screen... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Please answer me, I'll be waiting for your reply.

Thanx Again!!! :) :)
UncleFestor
Grand Master

Post by UncleFestor »

There's several instances of that string, but only 2 need changing. if you're using version 1.06 of mkke then it'll be in a different location. You can NOT change the string in the ANSI field {Right hand side of your HEX viewer which can show actual text} You need to null the 1 in hex {00 = null}

Here's a pic :
HExView.png
sibabkombat
Mortal

Post by sibabkombat »

UncleFestor wrote:There's several instances of that string, but only 2 need changing. if you're using version 1.06 of mkke then it'll be in a different location. You can NOT change the string in the ANSI field {Right hand side of your HEX viewer which can show actual text} You need to null the 1 in hex {00 = null}

Here's a pic :
HExView.png

Well, I managed to get the cloned costume 2 working for the practice mode like you did,
using these same instances... but when I tried it in the Ladder, the game hangs when
I select a Ladder Difficulty... :o :o :o

How is that possible??? :o :o :o

What did you do to get it working in Ladder??

Does it need more hex editing or is it something else?
UncleFestor
Grand Master

Post by UncleFestor »

I'm not sure. It works just fine in ladder for me. What version of MKKE r u running 1.05 or 1.06 ?

If it's 1.05 just tell me the costume letter you want to use {Suffix _letter } And I'll clone him for you & send you the file. You can then compare mine & yours to see what's different :)
sibabkombat
Mortal

Post by sibabkombat »

UncleFestor wrote:I'm not sure. It works just fine in ladder for me. What version of MKKE r u running 1.05 or 1.06 ?

If it's 1.05 just tell me the costume letter you want to use {Suffix _letter } And I'll clone him for you & send you the file. You can then compare mine & yours to see what's different :)

Hello,

Actually I have both, for testing purposes...

It took me quite some time, but I finally gathered all the files
that consist our problem and placed them in seperate named
folders to avoid confusion... :) :)

I tested both versions and they work in Practice Mode but
they also both cause the game to hang when I select Ladder
Difficulty... :shock: :shock:

I'm sure that I missed something, since your Pre-Patched
Version works great in Practice Mode and in Ladder Mode
while mine hangs... :x :x

Please compare them if it's not to much trouble...
And I would really appreciate it if you sent me your HxD
modified CHAR_SubZero_B package so I can compare
them too... :D :D

I'll be waiting for your message...
Thanx again!! :D :D
Attachments
DLC Alt Costume 2 Sub-Zero Test.rar
(49.62 MiB) Downloaded 404 times
UncleFestor
Grand Master

Post by UncleFestor »

Well, I was gonna just pm you but, I figured I might as well post it here incase others are making the smae mistake.

So, I didn't even have to compare packages. I can see that you made an ini which is most likely {99.99% } the issue. Alt costumes do NOT need any ini entries. Unless they're clones of retro ninjas {MK1, MK2}

The only thing you need in the ini is the Language entries so that it has a costume name in the PS screen instead of showing "BUG_ME"

So just use DLC Manager to uninstall the Mod. Remove the entries you have in the ini which are :
AddID=subzero_x

line1=Mk9Game.ini|Player|IsDLC|subzero_x|0
line2=MK9Game.ini|Player.DownloadContentUnlocked|subzero_x|TRUE|1

And leave just the Language part. install the Mod & you're good to go.
HowardC
Mortal

Post by HowardC »

Actually man, you've made this mistake before..... they totally do need ini entries. If you play them on a ladder match (which you never do) they crash without them.

Return to “Mortal Kombat 9 PC Modding Tutorials and Discussions”