SindelHair_DiffA.dds and other

Justinian
Apprentice

SindelHair_DiffA.dds and other

Post by Justinian »

Hey dear modders,

I've been fooling around with various files, but I stranded with this file. I can't seem to inject an edited version of SindelHair_DiffA.dds or Spec for that matter. That is to say, when inserting it into CHAR_Sindel.xxx, it immediately closes the injector window (the prompt). When I do the same for CHAR_Sindel_B.xxx (which has two hair files SindelHair_... and Sindel_B_Hair_...), the screen freezes for a few minutes after which it makes a gigantic xxx-file (264MB). Both crash the game.

Needless to say, there's something very odd going on with Sindel's hair. It seems it has a mind of its own. I tried the demonica skin for Sindel's second costume, which has different color hair. I copied the file, I looked at the first costume, and guesss what. In that costume the hair was changed too (purple instead of black/white).

Someone who has any ideas regarding this conundrum? I really don't like the skunk Sindel.

Thanks for your answers.

I have great faith in fools; self confidence my friends call it. - Edgar Allan Poe
Luckeylad
Apprentice
Side: Light

Re: SindelHair_DiffA.dds and other

Post by Luckeylad »

Are you using DDS injector version 1.5?
Try using 1.4
Great Kung Lao 2250+ Downloads
Khameleon 1350+ Downloads
Ladder Mode Arena Patch 1650+ Downloads
Nekropolis Arena 76550+ Downloads
wyruzzah
Immortal

Post by wyruzzah »

Injector will not work i tried instead use generic injector it takes more time to inject but works ok
Justinian
Apprentice

Post by Justinian »

Thx wyruzzah, but the generic injector requires texture2D files to be injected. You proposed earlier to use the programs texture2dds.exe to be able to edit such a file, and then later dds2texture.exe or something like that. I never found those programs. There's also no tutorial on how to use that injector, and the readme is quite confusing to a layman.

Thanks in advance.
I have great faith in fools; self confidence my friends call it. - Edgar Allan Poe
UncleFestor
Grand Master
Side: Darkness

Post by UncleFestor »

DDS injector 1.4 works for all Hair files. It's what I used on all of my Sindel Mods. I would keep a copy of Both the 1.4 & 1.5 versions so that you're pretty much covered for any file you want to mod {Aside from the DMG of SubZero_F those require a script to inject}
Check out my Youtube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/unclefestorable
Justinian
Apprentice

Post by Justinian »

That did it, Unclefestor.
Thanks for your advice.

Return to “Mortal Kombat 9 PC Modding Tutorials and Discussions”